Sir Hammerlock #11: Preparing to defeat the Iron Horde ...

SirHammerlock

... by becoming titanium!

Hey everyone, so, this is my 11th challenge already. Since WoW-Warlords of Draenor is coming out tomorrow, I decided to include it into my motto for this challenge (asking myself: what's stronger than iron?).

My goals for this challenge aren't that much different from my last ones, I guess they are again one step further on my journey to becoming strong both physically and psychologically.

Therefore, my MAIN QUEST for this challenge is:

Become one strong orcish warrior (ok, shaman, as that's my main character in WoW): As last challenge, I got some more specific details on this quest.

• I had a really great time at the international conference last weekend, where I presented an oral paper on a part of my PhD and people were really nice and excited about my research. That was really motivating and I want to cherish this feeling, especially when I am getting depressed about it - I have to establish strategies compensationg with "bad days".
  • As last challenge - I want to become more fit and healthy and I won't let any company or person get in my way by making fun of my eating habits or luring me with the sweet, sweet tastes of their baked "goods" (which are in fact every rebels cryptonite). 
  • As last challenge - I will let nothing and nobody get in my way while I pursue my dreams, even when I am having problems with money. It is on me to change that, once and for ever!

Subquest #1: Well, like every challenge this is sticking to my workout routine, this time again weight training three times a week, swimming or running two times a week. Last challenge went pretty well and I want to continue this. I want to break my personal records of squatting (160 lbs), bench pressing (80 lbs) and deadlifting (160 lbs).

Subquest #2: This one regards nutrition, again. I want to continue staying 100% within the rules of PHD and also try to eat within a nutrition range of 1800 calories, with 180g Carbohydrates, 180g Protein and 40g Fat at least 50% of the time.

Subquest #3: This regards the mental preperation. I will every day do something to become stronger mentally, that will be either meditating or writing a diary or something similar were I will state what thing went fine and what motivates me in life.

My side quest #1 - same as last challenge

I want to make this budgeting again - the limit will be 75 € per week, with no extra spendings like magazines, books, dvds etc. outside this range.

My side quest #2 - same as last challenge

I have decided to try practicing guitar again. I don't want to do something like half an hour of practice again, I just make practicing at all per day the goal, if it's 5 minutes or 2 hours, I just have to grab the guitar and play.

Grades: A - completing the goals every week, B - completing 5 weeks, C - completing 4 weeks, D - completing 3 weeks, F - completing less than 3 weeks.

Challenge looks great! I think you've got a lock on this...like a hammer...okay that made no sense.

Race:Gamorrean | Class: Adventurer10

{STR:27.5||DEX:3||STA:27||CON:52.50||WIS:35.5||CHA:16.5}

Inventory: Belt of Dietary Willpower

Accountibilibuddies:Rogue Squadron

Challenges --> 1-->2-->3-->4-->5-->6-->7--> 8-->9-->Challenge 10(Current)

Logs: | Fitocracy | Measurements | My Fitness Pal

Reach 180 lbs from 225 lbs (currently 225 lbs)

4.44%
4.44%

Hey guys, it's been a busy first week, so here's a little wrap-up:

Subquest #1: Working out went ok, but I had such sore muscles after the second workout, that I didn't do a third one. I also didn't go running etc.

Work Out - 2/3 - 0/3 - 0/3 - 0/3 - 0/3 - 0/3 - 2/18
Running/Swimming - 1/2 - 0/2 - 0/2 - 0/2 - 0/2 - 0/2 - 1/12

Subquest #2: I stayed within the range and counted my nutritions, but didn't look out that much for the micros.

Eating Paleo/PHD - 7/7 - 0/7 - 0/7 - 0/7 - 0/7 - 0/7 - 7/42

Counting macronutritions - 0/7 - 0/7 - 0/7 - 0/7 - 0/7 - 0/7 - 0/42

Subquest #3: Didn't do anything for this last week. This has to get better.

Sidequest #1:  I kinda blew my budget this week, cause I had my fiancèe over and we went out a lot. This week, so far it's going fine.

3/7 - 0/7 - 0/7 - 0/7 - 0/7 - 0/7 - 3/42

Sidequest #2: Didn't do any practice, cause I hadn't the guitar available. Will try better this week.

2/5 - 0/5 - 0/5 - 0/5 - 0/5 - 0/5 - 2/42

Rough start, but that's okay I know you can do this. It's all about finding that balance and moving forward.

4.44%
4.44%

Hey guys, again, I have been awol for too long, but I am just having quite a stressful time at the moment. I have finally begun writing my thesis (I mean actual writing) and try to get at least one page done per day. This is working great so far, but together with playing WoD and doing my workouts, it doesn't leave me much time to post around here. Really sorry for that, I hope that I can do better next week.

But here's a little wrap up from last week.

Subquest #1: Did my three workouts, but didn't go running cause - well - I was too lazy. I think I have to work this out, how I will do this next week.

Work Out - 2/3 - 3/3 - 0/3 - 0/3 - 0/3 - 0/3 - 5/18
Running/Swimming - 0/2 - 0/2 - 0/2 - 0/2 - 0/2 - 0/2 - 0/12

Subquest #2: Again, I mostly stayed within the caloric range, but I have to make a better meal plan. I mostly ate hard boiled eggs, potatoe salad and sausages, but I gave in to my old weakness and also ate prawn chips.. Have to cut back on that from now on..

Eating Paleo/PHD - 7/7 - 7/7 - 0/7 - 0/7 - 0/7 - 0/7 - 14/42

Counting macronutritions - 7/7 - 7/7 - 0/7 - 0/7 - 0/7 - 0/7 - 14/42

Counting micronutritions - 0/7 - 0/7 - 0/7 - 0/7 - 0/7 - 0/7 - 0/42

Subquest #3: Didn't do anything for this last week, also. Seems like this quest is a bit unspecified, like last challenge. I have to overthink this.

Sidequest #1:  I went over my budget 40 € last week, but I have already saved 45€ this week, so budgeting is going fine so far.

3/7 - 7/7 - 0/7 - 0/7 - 0/7 - 0/7 - 10/42

Sidequest #2: I was so stressed out, that I totally forgot about practicing. I will have to leave the guitar in a more prominent spot, so I will be forced to practice more often.

0/5 - 0/5 - 0/5 - 0/5 - 0/5 - 0/5 - 0/42

Overall, I am pretty satisfied, although I don't feel like I am making much progress with lifting, which is probably due to the fact, that some weeks I don't have a gym available and am limited to body weight training.

I've been having a rough time getting myself back on track myself, but regardless of what's going on with you it looks like you're still kicking ass!

4.44%
4.44%