• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ashlei9hj

Not my first - but determined to ACTUALLY follow through

Hey! So this isn't my first challenge, but I've never made it past the first week in any of my past challenges. I am determined to follow through on this challenge!

So here goes!

Main quest:

Lose 6 lbs - I intend to do this by focusing solely on my diet right now. I will eat everything in moderation, cut back on the foods that I know are not good for me, and pack a lunch for work 4 days out of the week. Starting is at 204 - so the goal is 198 (ONEderland!!!!)

Side Goals:

Stand and walk more throughout my day. I will set an alarm to remind myself to step away from my desk at work and my TV at home to move a little bit.

Life Goals:

Put $750 towards savings - that will eventually go to building assets. This is where the packing lunch also ties in! I calculated that my $5 lunch every work day adds up to about $13,000 a year! That is insane. I could put a down payment on a house for that - or put that into stocks and have a chance at doubling it. Subway is not THAT good.

Pay $1000 towards my debt.

Usually I go 'all out' and declare that I will exercise everyday of the week and eat only Paleo. But I learned at camp nerd fitness that I need to take baby steps, and I am perfectly okay with that. Since camp I've lost about 8 lbs, which old me would have though was nothing, but now I know that the weight isn't everything. I know now that what has really changed is my attitude towards food and my life. I am happier and know that I am going to be healthier too. By the way that 8 lbs is a loss of a lb a week.... 46 weeks till camp next year - or should I say 46 lbs!

• Like 5

ASHLEIGH!!!!!  I'm so happy you're here!  You will totally rock this follow-through thing!

More yays!!

yayayay I'm assuming your Colleen? Lol if I'm wrong i'm sorry....

We can do this together!!!

Hi :) I'm glad you are here and determined to make it past week 1!!! Being that you were at camp, you know how amazing the Nerds here are...so I will spare you that speech :D Please stay and keep posting, you have friends here, even ones you don't know yet! I love how you are packing a lunch that will accomplish two goals in one, that is SMART :D 

• Like 1

Hi :) I'm glad you are here and determined to make it past week 1!!! Being that you were at camp, you know how amazing the Nerds here are...so I will spare you that speech :D Please stay and keep posting, you have friends here, even ones you don't know yet! I love how you are packing a lunch that will accomplish two goals in one, that is SMART :D

Thanks! I found out what is was missing on here when I was at camp! It's quite exciting to get on here and really be involved and meet all you wonderful people!

Ha, yes!  What gave it away, was it all the "yays" and exclamation points?   :rapture:

It may have been the enthusiasm hahahah

do you have a more concrete plan on your diet and side goal?  Maybe if you had something a little more concrete to work towards you'd actually stick to it this time?  Like say 3 5 min stretches throughout the day or no more than 4 "bad" meals/snacks throughout the week or something along those lines?

You might notice that someone has added tags onto your thread.  This is not to pigeonhole you into a specific guild, but rather to attract the attention of the guild ambassadors because of your lifestyle or a grouping of goals, so that they might be able to motivate, encourage and advise you of anything during your challenge with us.  You don't even need to wait for them, you're welcome to pop into the Adventurers to say hi and introduce yourself and to see what they're about. Also you are more than welcome to drop me a line at any time if you need anything.

Good luck

AB xx

Hi! I hope your challenge is going well. I know what you mean about the cost of eating out for lunch everyday. I've recently started bring a packed lunch and my bank balance is a lot healthier because of it!

I like your side quest to move more during the day. A great thing to do while watching TV is ad break exercises. Every time there is an commercial break, do a set of squats or wall push ups or just walk around the room. Much more interesting than mind numbing commercials!

do you have a more concrete plan on your diet and side goal?  Maybe if you had something a little more concrete to work towards you'd actually stick to it this time?  Like say 3 5 min stretches throughout the day or no more than 4 "bad" meals/snacks throughout the week or something along those lines?

You might notice that someone has added tags onto your thread.  This is not to pigeonhole you into a specific guild, but rather to attract the attention of the guild ambassadors because of your lifestyle or a grouping of goals, so that they might be able to motivate, encourage and advise you of anything during your challenge with us.  You don't even need to wait for them, you're welcome to pop into the Adventurers to say hi and introduce yourself and to see what they're about. Also you are more than welcome to drop me a line at any time if you need anything.

Good luck

AB xx

Hi! Thanks for the advice. I find when I get super specific and I fail to do it, I beat myself up and this has been one of the reason's I have failed in the past. So I've decided to focus on being more conscious of what I'm doing and not give myself restrictions and rules (more with food than exercise) - if that makes any sense. I certainly will think of more specific ways to get more movement into my day though, I have found that if I just go for a short 'walk' through the hotel I work at, I can monitor the work of my team as well as get in some stairs.

I will take you up on the advice of saying 'hi'! As well as message you! Thank you!

Hi! I hope your challenge is going well. I know what you mean about the cost of eating out for lunch everyday. I've recently started bring a packed lunch and my bank balance is a lot healthier because of it!

I like your side quest to move more during the day. A great thing to do while watching TV is ad break exercises. Every time there is an commercial break, do a set of squats or wall push ups or just walk around the room. Much more interesting than mind numbing commercials!

It's amazing how simple packing a lunch can seem and how much of an impact it can have on the funds! Your commercial 'plan' is a good idea, I used to do this all the time, but for some reason I got out of the habit. Time to start that up again! I liked to practice my planks and work on hand stands during commercials - it was quite effective. Thanks for that reminder!

Sooooooooooo only four days into this challenge and I've lost 2.6 lbs. Whaaaat?? I've just been eating 75% paleo and everything in smaller portions, but not cutting back to the extreme like I used to. I'm not counting calories, I'm just listening to my body and eating when it tells me to. This is really cool! In the past I counted every calorie, I stressed over every little 'extra' bad thing I ate. Now I just go with the flow, eat that cookie if I want to, but I just make sure that the next thing that goes in my mouth is healthy. I'm sure that this could be my body adjusting and my weight loss will slow down, but I am perfectly okay with that. My goal is simply to lose 6 lbs in the challenge, now I have more time to do that! And I can learn how my body works the proper way, while not obsessing over food.

On my life quest - I scoured the internet and found someone looking for help at their booth at a craft show in my city. I called them and now I'll be making some extra money on my weekend! This money is for sure going towards my ticket to Camp NF next year. This makes it so much easier to budget my savings and debt payments! It's amazing what a little google search can do!

And a side life thing that isn't a part of my challenge - I've been feeling so confident and happy lately that I'm not afraid to put myself out there and talk to guys. I have a date this weekend! I haven't had the confidence to go on a date in a very long time. I am confident in my career, my knowledge, my political and social life - but I typically have no faith in my love life. And it used to all boil down to my body image and self-esteem. Not anymore! I love myself and I deserve love from others. (Thanks Camp NF for that pep talk). :)

Well it's been a good week so far and I'm so happy I get to share it with all of you!

I'm so glad the challenge is starting out so well for you!!!  You're doing SUPER!

I hope the date is oodles of fun.  You're a catch, missy!  You should go in your Rose costume.  Because that was awesome.  Plus, you'll know right away whether you want to date him based on his reaction.

• Like 1

I'm so glad the challenge is starting out so well for you!!!  You're doing SUPER!

I hope the date is oodles of fun.  You're a catch, missy!  You should go in your Rose costume.  Because that was awesome.  Plus, you'll know right away whether you want to date him based on his reaction.

Thanks lady!!! I should wear my Rose costume! It's the ultimate test, can he handle my nerdiness :P

Glad to see that you made it to the forums after Camp!!  Still have that 'camp glow' to carry you into week 2???

Seriously, let us know what we can do to help you make this a successful challenge!!

Hey thanks! The camp glow is still there!

This week at work I am running around like a mad woman, literally. I've been running up and down the stairs at my work (5 floors) constantly as we get ready to open.

I've done well with packing lunches.

I worked at a craft fair over the weekend and made $200 to go towards my debt payments.

I'm finding my challenge to not be challenging at all.

Can you guys maybe help me find ways to push myself more, maybe come up with some other goals. I don't want to overwhelm myself, but I want to push my comfort zone a bit more.

Thanks

• Like 1

TheCutLasses-treasure_zps93cc7a43.png

Ye be right impressive with yer attitude an' yer improvements so far this challenge!  Don't be focusin' on setbacks - ye'll only be gettin' better from here, and ye deserves a little treasure from the CutLasses, via the thread o' Teros

giphy.gif

Keep up the great work and finish strong!

• Like 1

I don't know why I feel the need to say this (I'm so, so sorry), but that's actually a Shiba Inu.  Asian dogs who are fiercely independent and have become very popular in the last couple years due to the doge meme and their general fluffiness.  They are NOT for beginners.  (Which, working with animal rescue as I have, I always feel the need to say.  My soapbox is made up entirely of applications of returned dogs.)

So let me finish like this, YOU GO GIRL!  Kick butt and take names!  Eating well makes you just feel good, doesn't it?

/bow  I stand (sit) corrected.  There are some great breeds that I'd love to have, but I know I couldn't deal effectively with their idiosyncrasies.   Thanks for working with animal rescue - that's something I couldn't do.