• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Oh yea - loved it!!!  I think Butcher just gets better with each book he writes.  

Yes, yes he does. Although I still have a soft spot for Fool Moon: werewolves 'an all. ;)

And yes, I've read/listened to Skin Game. I started it as soon as it was released back in May while on vacation. On the drive home, I listened to the audio book. Then I stayed up until 2am to finish reading it because it was so good!

Also, Jim Butcher recently finished writing his first book in a new series called "Cinder Spires". No release date yet, but I'm excited because it's Steampunk!

The role of Dresdan as Demonreach;s Warden is what has me excited.  I do not know why but I love that island.

You can overcome Erick!

Sorry if I've been too quiet everyone.  I have a habit of "disconnecting" on weekends and tend to be a poor forum poster anyway.  Though the fun to be had around here is keeping me more involved than normal but it's still breaking a habit for me.

• Like 1

I'm thinking that might have to be his next profile pic.

How's the week going for everyone? We're halfway through.

I took a look at the Week 5 minidungeon for rebels. That is one daunting task from my perspective. I'm considering cleaning off the desk in my home office. It's been under at least a foot of clutter for a while now. I'm going to do my best to make a dent in that pile.

Actually, now that I think about it, now's a good time for this mini-dungeon. We have some of my wife's family coming into town next week. It'd be better if that space were cleaned off, even if the only time it gets used is when I retreat to the office for some me time.

I am doing all right, but neither the good eating or good exercise habits are as ingrained as they should be yet. 

Life is a work in progress.  I'm glad to have good people around while I work out my own issues.

I'm struggling with my goals this week due to a long work schedule. My energy is just so low. But having support from the group has helped me say no to bad food choices. 

Having support from those around you is the BEST way to stay motivated when it comes to bad food choices. Since America is so food-centric when it comes to people getting together, it's really hard to break out of the norm of 'hey, we're hanging out so we must order 3 pizzas and 4 dozen chicken wings for 5 people!'

Can you take healthy snacks to your job so you will be less temped for junk food?

• Like 2

I really like that picture. It's a more positive take on the "Nature abhors a vacuum" quote. I've really liked all the pics you've been posting in the various threads, Erick. I do hope you and the family are feeling better and are on the mend.

@Artemis Congrats on losing the weight!

Nerds, I'm so excited...I made my challenge goal and then some! I've lost 3 pounds since the beginning of the challenge!!!! Thank you so much for your support, ending a tough week on such a high note is all because of you.  :nevreness:  :nevreness:  :nevreness:  :nevreness:  :nevreness:  :nevreness:

You have been doing great.  Thanks for joining our little disfunctional band.

adventurers' campsite

My faily is pulling through.  My eight year old girl woke me up at ten-thirty last night to help because she was sick, but on the bright side we are running out of family to get ill.

Erick, I'm glad the sick is running out.  Hopefully you don't see much more of it (with kids, you never know).

Artemisia, I just found something called Graze.com - maybe that can help with the snacking?  I signed up for a free box (thank you Barnes & Noble) but I don't know how good it is yet.  They send you 4 portion sized snacks in a box.  At the very least, read through the descriptions.  Everything appears to be shelf-stable (no refrigeration, yay!) and have nuts and fruits in them.  I want to study some of the snack set ups to determine if I can recreate them at home.  It's worth a look for ideas if nothing else. 

• Like 1

Last few days of a challenge are always tough as it's really easy to simply slack off. But we're nearly there! Come on hunters, catch your prey-goals!

• Like 1