Matilda is Mama T: The Transformation

Mama T

thanks guys! @robb - making an appearance on the forums? i like!

Day 19 Report: 11/11

Rest day - wanted to take it easy for the 5k on Saturday. Did a lot of walking around while running errands, so wasn't a total laze-ball.

Day 20 Report: 11/12

5K day!! Ran this 5k in memory of both of my grandmothers, who passed away from colon cancer (this race raised money for research). And I did well! I just checked out the results and averaged a 9:43 mile. A little slower than I would like, but faster than I've done in the past! Now getting ready for the Turkey Trot in my hometown next week. Not sure how this will go - I'm running with a friend and family members, all of whom run at different paces, so we'll see who I keep pace with.

Also went and cheered on Spezzy at the Crossfit competitions with this_is_seth, and it was awesome! Spezzy rocked it hardcore, and you should all go tell her congrats on being such a baller. ;)

Day 21 Report: 11/13

Rest day again! Did a lot of homework, batch cooked, cleaned up, and went to my bowling league, where I met another teammate, Jeff, so completed my new person goal for the week.

Day 22 Report: 11/14

- AM -

1100 m row intervals

** 100 m fast, 100 m steady

overhead sit-ups

10x5

** 20lb bar

1000 m row intervals

** 100 m fast, 100 m steady

rowing totally kicks my butt. going back after work to do deadlifts, hopefully gonna level up!

ADDED:

- PM -

Deadlifts

45x5

85x10

105x5

115x5

135x5

140x5 <-- yes.

115x5

95x5

** man guys. i'm incredibly stubborn, and when i say i'm going to level up, i freaking am leveling up. that being said, reaching 175 by the end of the challenge is definitely going to be tough. the gains aren't coming nearly as quickly as pre-100lbs. but still, i'm happy. plus this girl at the gym was using the barbell for RDLs, and when she was done, i started doing the DLs, and she comes up to me, and she's like, "are you doing sumo deadlifts? it's refreshing to see someone else actually use the barbell here." ah grrrl power. rawr.

...we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter. - Tom Robbins

Current Challenge: Life, man.

Boo kitty attacks! The kitties, they are tricky. They know the cute will save them every time.

You're such a bad ass! Congrats on rocking the squats and being so close to BW!

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

i can officially deadlift my bw and then some, but apparently am defenseless against a 2lb kitteh. ouch. #facepwn

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1052[/ATTACH]

was going to do sprints today, but it's all "i'm going to be darky and rainy" outside, so i'm just skipping it tonight. gonna do homework and chill, will probably get restless and do some at-home workout; i have tomorrow off work, so will do it then...

haha. You look so sad. Way to milk the little kitty scratch for all it's worth :)

Awesome job on the squats. Hitting your body weight in anything is a pretty cool milestone

You're such a bad ass!

YOU ah!

::boston accent-ed compliment::

Awesome job on the squats. Hitting your body weight in anything is a pretty cool milestone

Good job on the 5k, those are always fun! Keep up the good work and hopefully you level up on your deadlifts later today, have fun at work!

thanks guys!! and anxiety, i did level up (and have fun at work, ha)! (just edited my report from today.

...we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter. - Tom Robbins

YOU ah!

::boston accent-ed compliment::

Returning the movie reference. This reminds me of a running joke I have with a few of my friends. Any time someone tries to get all intellectual on anyone else the default response is always "well that's gonna last until next year when you're gonna be in here regurgitating some Gordon Wood". For some reason the words Gordon Wood have taken on a life of their own and are now delivered with this weird imaginary Bostonian gravitas that Affleck himself would probably blush at. "yeah, well, why don't you go read some Gawrden Woood." Something like that.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymsHLkB8u3s

Eat. Sleep. High bar squat. | Strength is a skill, refine it.
Follow my Weightlifting team's antics: Instagram | Facebook | Youtube
Looking for a strength program? Check out The Danger Method and remember to do your damn abs

^ second best scene in that movie. Topped only by how do you like them apples.....

Exactly.

All compliments should be Boston accent-ed, I think.

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost

Finally have time to catch up on your thread, Mama T! I am so excited and inspired by your progress.

RAWR!!

"Enthusiasm is the great hill-climber." - Elbert Hubbard
Human Adventurer

I want to be fit and healthy so I can enjoy all the things the outdoor world has to offer, in all kinds of weather, all the days of my life.

2022 Battle Log2021 Battle Log2020 Battle Log2019 Battle Log2018 Battle Log2017 Battle Log2016 Battle Log

now all i wanna do is go home and watch good will hunting. or go hang out at a bar in cambridge. or both.

and thanks seabright! RAWR back atcha!

Posted Image

go have a beer and some fried pickles at cambridge common for me. i miss that place.

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

"how do you like them apples??"

this could work. i don't go to cambridge often, so i'd be willing to make an arse of myself for the sake of Matt Damon quoting fun-times.

Day 23 Report: 11/15

run day. ugh. not to be mean to myself, but i was kind of a whiny a$$hole the whole time. legs felt really sluggish (i assume from the rowing & deadlifts the day before), so i only did 2.1 miles at a slow pace. i'll be pretty excited when running isn't in my routine anymore - or at least, not such a demanding part of it.

Day 24 Report: 11/16

slept in today. forgot i have grad class tonight, so will most likely do my workout at the college gym b/w work and class - yay working out with college boyz! my bday is tomorrow, so this will be good practice for my cougar status. planning on tabata thrusters tonight, kind of excited!

Hahahaha Cougah T! I like it. Really brings a whole new meaning to 'Mama T' ;)

You know, I thought about that yesterday. I don't usually feel old until I walk through GSU's campus on my lunch breaks. Being around college kids will do it. What a brilliant time of life that is.

haha @laura & kish - right on. jdanger, look what you've started. ::i kind of like it::

and yes, working on a college campus is kind of weird cause i feel so removed from that time in my life, but it's also great 'cause you get that college energy vibe. and it's pretty cool to see the students at this point in their lives, like all ambitious and youthful.

just watched this video... makes me wanna rawr with my energy legs & arms.

Ruckus instigation is pretty much my super power. You're welcome. Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

sounds very Dennis the Menace-y.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines