First Step to Outrunning Templars and Grimm Alike.

Hoooookay, welp, hey folks. Ready to get crackalacking on this six week challenge or what? Lift some weights, run some miles, crawl through the Fade, beat the snot out of some templars...oh wait, oops. XD Ah, so I'm a newbie and not exactly 100% I'm posting this right but hey gotta start somewhere, right?

So without further ado, name's Jaz. The Xiao Long is a RWBY reference (YangFTW), so if you ever want a RWBY geekout, call me. I'm one of those start up the fitness life, get busy with life and then fall off the wagon - no more! I'm a cosplayer, looking good in the outfits I work my ass off in sewing is like a no-brainer! I work at Wendy's, two hours on a public transit, a thirty minute walk/ten minute bike ride between getting off of the train and getting to work, along with work. Oh, wait, am I rambling and getting off topic yet? Still with me? Good!

Main Quest: To look awesome when I whip out my Yang Xiao Long and Captain Isabela (DRAGON AGE FTW) cosplays. So make my body as awesome as possible.

Quest Numbah 1: Live and breathe Paleo. At least for the next six weeks. I hear a lot about it from the tracuers I run into, and it seems like a solid health theory...soooo transition transition!
A: Paleo it up for at 95% of the challenge.
B: Live the Paleo for 70% of the challenge.
C: At least 50% of Paleo diet during this whole challenge.

Quest Numbah 2: ZOMBIES! RUN! Soooo I bought the 5k training app for Zombies Run, and I do it kinda well...very rarely. Sooo I'm gonna change that up and really get into staying on top of this.
A: Follow the Zombies! Run! schedule to a T for the entirety of the challenge.
B: Only skipped one or two runs.
C: Missed out on a whole week, devoured by zombies, Runner 5 down...

Quest Numbah 3: Sleep. I find it very hard to both fall asleep and then get the proper amount of rest. I either undersleep or normally oversleep, getting up is such a pain and I've been getting terribly late starts on my day. And sleep's a big deal when it comes to fitness! So...8 hours of sleep has always been the ideal number, y'know?
A: 100%, getting the right amount of sleep, around the same times.
B: 80% getting all my Zzz's in, more or less.
C: 65% passing out properly.

Life Quest: Finish my Isabela and Yang cosplays in time for my next con!

Motivation: To be an even better person than when I started. Oh, and just be a really really awesome Izzy and properly represent a BioWare femme fatale.

Ah, I hope I did that right...welp, wish me luck, folks! AND YOU GUYS STAY AWESOME AND GOOD LUCK ON YOUR QUESTS AS WELL.

Jaz Xiao Long | Level 2 Assassin | Half-Giant
STR: 1 | DEX: .75 | CHA: 2.5 | CON: 5.5 | WIS: 2 | STA: 1.25
"We do what we need to do, and then we live." -Rick Grimes, The Walking Dead.
Current Challenge | Challenge 1

You've got it right :D

You might notice that someone has added tags onto your thread.  This is not to pigeonhole you into a specific guild, but rather to attract the attention of the guild ambassadors because of your lifestyle or a grouping of goals, so that they might be able to motivate, encourage and advise you of anything during your challenge with us.  You don't even need to wait for them, you're welcome to pop into the Scouts to say hi and introduce yourself and to see what they're about. Also you are more than welcome to drop me a line at any time if you need anything.

Good luck

AB xx

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Nice goals man! I like how clear and simple they are, also zombies run is great, apart from my dodge ankle I really enjoyed using it to progress my running for a while, it definitely help me get my other fitness up.

I am King Leeroy a Adventurer Ambassador, if you have any questions don't hesitate to drop me a line on my challenge page or in a PM, ask me anything! Here is my current challenge and some wee tips for using the forum on this tutorial.

Be More Ninja

Current Challenge

Instagram

Out of my three quests, I have kept up with all of...one and a half. That half is the few days I managed to stay Paleo and then my folks bought pie.

Sweet potato pie.

And mint 'n' chip ice cream.

I've had like four deaths. But I have managed to stay between 8 and 9.5 hours of sleep! I count that as victory to some extent, though I've gotta work into getting to sleep around the same time everyday.

And as for Zombies! Run!...I missed two runs. Gotta fix that! Going to go for a run in a couple of hours as a matter of fact! Though instead of running, I've been having random bouts of parkour and martial arts training every couple of hours. But my quest was to run, so running it is! And what better than to run? As Medusa said, grunting zombies really makes you pick up the pace!!

Also can't wait to go fabric shopping. Going to totally be the most epic Isabela ever.

Ah, welp, there's that update for the last six days. In the midst of planning all the Paleo dishes to try out this week. Asta la vista, rebels!

Here are some questions to put your goals to the test:

1. Is your overall quest achievable (over a short or long period of time)?  Is it reasonable?
    My overall quest is achievable and reasonable simply because it allots me to do as much as I can in the time frame that I have. Nothing more, nothing less.

2. Do your 3 quests all build towards your main quest in little ways, or are you taking on too much? Do your quests have sub-quests or is it just one thing to focus on?
    My quests definitely built towards my main quest. Can't get fit without exercise, good diet and proper rest!

3. Are your main goals realistic? Can you scale them to smaller steps to fit your life better, even if it will make it take a little longer to achieve them?
    Same as number 1 really, realistic. Takes it one step at a time and lets me get where I want to get in time. Great things come to those who wait.

4. Are your goals able to be measured and tracked?  What will you use to track them?
    Paleo: eh, technically trackable - just eat Paleo. Zombies Run!: trackable due to its own tracking system within the app. Sleep: trackable. I know how much sleep I've gotten. Considering getting a journal to log both the Paleo and sleep,

5. How are you grading your goals?  Are they pass/fail (“every dayâ€, “not even once over the six weeksâ€)?  Is there a reward for the effort, or are you only grading yourself on whether or not you “lose the weight†or “run the distanceâ€?
    I guess you could say I'm grading on how often I manage to stick to my goals. Being Isabela is honestly reward enough, hahaha.

6. What is your plan for continuing/altering/grading those goals if you become ill or injured?
    Eating Paleo and sleeping wouldn't really be affected by an injury or illness, but in the case, I'm incapable of running, I suppose some light bodyweight conditioning or I'd pick up yoga.

7. Did you take into consideration any special occasions (Labour Day, Independence Day, birthdays, anniversaries, etc) that may occur during the challenge?  What modifications do you need to build into your goals for those?
    OMG. I forgot about Thanksgiving. And sweet potato pie. Ah, I suppose I'll have to get around to finding the Paleo alternative...or just y'know...allowing myself to cheat a bit... >.>

8. Do any of your main goals conflict with each other? Will one goal make it hard to do another?
    Mmmmm, don't think so. And not that I can see anyway.

9. Do you already have the time in your schedule to actually complete the goals you’ve set?  If not, what are you planning to do to make time for them?
    Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. Between work, volunteering and finishing this semester...squeeze it in where I can without fail.

10. Are you trying to build multiple habits, or is all your energy focused on your main quest?
    I'm trying to build habits. Stay running and get faster/stronger/fitter, go Paleo and live better, actually get some sleep on a regular basis. So yes and no. Because it's both.

*le heavy dramatic sigh*

I have overslept so much. Guess that's what happens when an insomniac actuallu has time to sleep? Does anyone have any tips on waking up and staying awake? Maybe Google can help.

As for running, I managed one of three runs for last week. That oversleeping is killing my plans Q~Q Need to work on that as well. With four weeks left in the challenge, my goal is to resolve all of this by Wednesday.

I'm also modifying my sleep quest. Well, really, just chopping off 30 minutes so I can get in morning ZR! runs and still make my bus (school).

The Paleo part of my quest is maybe...just a little bit of a struggle. But I don't like dropping quests nor failing them, so I will own it these next four weeks! That's my update, stay awesome. Now I'm going to sleep to get my morning run in! :D

DRAGON AGE 6EVAH. And no I haven't sadly, the $60 I set aside for it went to my laptop and its getting fixed. Though I am buying it on the 5th and playing until my brain don't work no more. :D Have you played, have you played??

And we can totes link up and complain about ZR! to each other. You might hear me yelling about Sam alot... :3

• Like 1

Oh yeah. Love the characters! I like Cassandra a lot more than I thought I would. She's like a big angry sister. Romancing Blackwall right now. All about them Grey Wardens. Go origins! And Varric is Varric :)

Who is Sam? I can't stop seeing Sam Gamgee running from zombies now

ErikaisEpic

Level: 1 | Chubby Wood-Elf

STR:0 | DEX:0 | STA:1 | CON:0 | WIS:0 | CHA:0

Challenge: Level One: Attacking the Flammable Skeletons

Cassandra, the Seeker! I'm not even gonna lie, I wanted to romance that fine Seeker babe. Still do. Ooooh Blackwall is an interesting choice, lemme know how it goes! And there weren't too many Fem Wardens Q~Q

And Varric has amazing chest hair. I wanna run my fingers through it while he tells me about the Champion. XD

Sam, my dear lovely, is the cutest little Abel radio operator who I also kinda want to punch in the face because I could have got nommed by zoms. But he did just lose his last Runner 5 sooo like...uuuugh.

• Like 1

Hello, fellow runner 5!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the sleeping.  I too sometimes have a lot of trouble getting out of bed.  I'm not sure whether I have any useful tips - perhaps try moving your alarm device further away, so that you have to get up to stop it?  Or you could get a hungry and noisy cat to come and sit on your head, that sometimes works for me  :rapture: I do commiserate with you though - I sometimes feel like I have lost days to being asleep.  

I too am waiting to get DA:Inquisition.  I know that when I do, I'll probably do nothing productive for at least a week, so I need to time it right.  

Claireloise

Level 1 Amazon

STR 3 || DEX 0 || STA 3 || CON 1.8 || WIS 3.3 || CHA 1.5

Challenges: Current   Previous

Accountability: Cutlasses

Living Paleo is kind of easy once you have all the right stuff. Plus I can stock enough produce for six meals on $4. I absolutely love such a bargain! But then again who doesn't? Though those dastardly grains have whispered in my ear these last few days...

I was also pretty good during Thanksgiving, sticking to meat, candied yams and greens. I give myself a gold star. I've got enough ham and produce to get me through the next couple of days, but still replenishing my stock on Monday. Got a lot of recipes to try out.

Progress Report Grade: C-

Zombies Run! I completed 3.2 today, and have plans to finish 3.3 Sunday. Took 44 minutes to cover 4 kilometers but I did quite a bit of walking as my knee was bothering me. Maybe I can 4 km in 40 minutes. Yes, that 4 minutes makes a world of difference to me.

Progress Report Grade: B

Sleeeeeeeep...hasn't particularly beseeched me this week. I've been managing to stay on track with 7.5 hours, only turning the alarm completely off twice so far this week. Maybe by the end of the challenge, I'll be waking up around 9:30 just because my body knows it's time to get up.

Progress Report Grade: C

Zombies Run! I completed 3.2 today, and have plans to finish 3.3 Sunday. Took 44 minutes to cover 4 kilometers but I did quite a bit of walking as my knee was bothering me. Maybe I can 4 km in 40 minutes. Yes, that 4 minutes makes a world of difference to me.

Progress Report Grade: B

That is great progress, it is a good thing to listen to your body while running, and walk when you need to

Alright, L1 Mini Dungeon Numero Cuatro!

Goal Allocation

Q1: Live the Paleo. At least 3x a week. +3 CON

Q2: Zombies Run! Three runs a week. +1 DEX, +2 STA

Q3: Getting 7.5 hours of sleep everyday. +2 CON

LG: Finish my Izzy cosplay. +2 WIS

Mid-Challenge Summary*

Q1: Cooked quite a few paleo dishes these last few weeks. 7/8 = 77%

Q2: Did one run for the first and second challenge weeks, three runs last week. 5/8 = 62.5% complete

Q3: I've averaged about 8.75 hours of sleep over the last few weeks. But I didn't sleep two days, and have a couple of groggy 9 hour days. 90% complete

LQ: I made my gloves, bought fabric for the boots and armor, pattern drafted. 50% complete

*calculated as I started in the middle of the first week.

Challenge Allocation:*

Q1: +2.5 CON

Q2: +0.75 DEX, 1.25 STA

Q3: +2 CON

LQ: +1 WIS

*Rounding to the nearest .25 as I have a thing with uneven fractions. And I hate math.

• Like 1

*whistles* Oh my, it has been awhile since I posted an update, haha. I'm pretty sure I can blame that on school and picking up extra shifts at work. Ah, we were talking updates so let's hop to it!

Paleo: Could have done so so so much better. It was bad. Like Fenris and his social skills bad. 25%, D-

Zombies Run!: Went on one run, even though I tried to schedule time for 'em, so I'm going to work on scheduling an alarm for it maybe? Or adding it to my HabitRPG list. Going on a run later this morning though, so 2 out of 3 ain't bad! 70%, C

Sleep: Welp, I have been sleeping lately and waking up between 9:30 and 10:30, so this is my 7.5 hours of sleep a day week for sure! My system is taking hold of this new sleeping routine, heh heh! 100%, A

Izzy: Bought the material to get started on her dress! Now it's just embellishments and buckles and armor and bandanas!

Sooo that's the update for this last week. It could have been better, but still could have been worse. Last two weeks, gotta ride it out strong y'know? Let's kick some ass, Rebels! See you when I see you :3

• Like 1

Yes, approval points, straight up love 'em!

And with the Paleo, I think it's because of work. I work the closing shift which typically translates to off about 2 am, home about 3, asleep by 3:30, awake by about 11, class 'til 1:30, an hour commute back home so 2:30, 15 minutes to throw my uniform on, then go commute for two hours to work. And repeat.

And between this, I fall into the trap of buying that prepackaged muffin or fast food chicken sandwich to stop the grumbling of the tummy.

Ah, but I'm done with classes next week so I'll have a few more hours in the day. For now, I was considering wearing my pajamas under my uniform, haha. Or using that thirty minutes before I pass out to try throwing something together. And make sure my schedule is a little neater.

Just life beating me up a bit, and the 2 for $5 on mint ice cream at the supermarket calling my name all seductive like... >>

*le sigh* But as Isabela would say, our mistakes make us who we are. And I want to be more awesome, so I'ma get some learning from mistakes going on, y'hear? Alarms set by the way.

And yes, advice is lovely and gorgeous and I will gift you with some Andraste's Grace.

Mmm, looks like I forgot to check in last week. Oops. ^^; Well it's great to finally have some spare time to check in, seriously. I finished up finals Monday morning, but I'm a little sad that I still have to retake my Econ class in the upcoming semesters.

It'll be the third time I take it Q~Q

Econ is definitely a boss that I have to fight more than once. Maybe I'll take it over the summer.

Anyways, back to the more fitness related parts of this challenge! I didn't run at all last week, just a lot of walking. But in my defense, it was supposed to be storming and as much I like to splash in puddles, I am not a fan of constantly stepping in puddles that go up to my ankles and shins and soak my socks and my shoes. Squishy is not my favorite sensation. So as of late, I just take the long way to places and walk the mile distances to the lightrail station. But the rain's clearing up so I think I'll try getting a run in before work today.

As for sleep, I am without a doubt getting enough sleep on a regular basis. Am I awake talking to my girlfriend every night until like 4, 5, and 6 in the morning? Absolutely. But I do get my 7.5 hours in during the meantime! Especially with no school and working the closing shifts all the time.

As for Paleo, it could have been worse, could have been better. I like bread. But I have been pretty good so far as it relates to fighting the urge to eat grains. I have to give myself credit for that at least, really. I really like fruits, the sugar content is pretty high as the latest NF email will tell you. Though I've been doing good sticking to veggies and meats this week, mostly in salads but that still counts for something!

Isabela...is well, she will get done by January 3rd - that's when the Dragon Age gathering at my convention is - but maybe not by the end of this challenge. Her boots are giving me hell simply because of all the buckles involved!, and welp her dress does have a corset stitched into it. We'll see what happens though.

Ah, well, that's the Week 5 recap for you. And some updates on the first two days of Week 6. Good luck to all my lovely rebels and let's kick ass this last week!

• Like 1

Mmm, looks like I forgot to check in last week. Oops. ^^; Well it's great to finally have some spare time to check in, seriously. I finished up finals Monday morning, but I'm a little sad that I still have to retake my Econ class in the upcoming semesters.

It'll be the third time I take it Q~Q

Econ is definitely a boss that I have to fight more than once. Maybe I'll take it over the summer.

Anyways, back to the more fitness related parts of this challenge! I didn't run at all last week, just a lot of walking. But in my defense, it was supposed to be storming and as much I like to splash in puddles, I am not a fan of constantly stepping in puddles that go up to my ankles and shins and soak my socks and my shoes. Squishy is not my favorite sensation. So as of late, I just take the long way to places and walk the mile distances to the lightrail station. But the rain's clearing up so I think I'll try getting a run in before work today.

As for sleep, I am without a doubt getting enough sleep on a regular basis. Am I awake talking to my girlfriend every night until like 4, 5, and 6 in the morning? Absolutely. But I do get my 7.5 hours in during the meantime! Especially with no school and working the closing shifts all the time.

As for Paleo, it could have been worse, could have been better. I like bread. But I have been pretty good so far as it relates to fighting the urge to eat grains. I have to give myself credit for that at least, really. I really like fruits, the sugar content is pretty high as the latest NF email will tell you. Though I've been doing good sticking to veggies and meats this week, mostly in salads but that still counts for something!

Isabela...is well, she will get done by January 3rd - that's when the Dragon Age gathering at my convention is - but maybe not by the end of this challenge. Her boots are giving me hell simply because of all the buckles involved!, and welp her dress does have a corset stitched into it. We'll see what happens though.

Ah, well, that's the Week 5 recap for you. And some updates on the first two days of Week 6. Good luck to all my lovely rebels and let's kick ass this last week!

I feel you about the classes.  I've pulled out of or failed a few in my time, and sometimes I just get really frustrated at the lack of progress.  I think you're right though - some things just take more time, and I'm sure we're learning something 

Glad that things are chugging along with your challenge, even if not everything was perfect.  I think that walking is a perfectly legitimate exercise, and I wish I did more of it.   And your Isabela costume sounds most intriguing - I've often wished I had the skills to make clothes. 

I can't believe that this challenge is nearly over - I know we're going to finish strongly.  Onwards to victory!  Huzzah!

Claireloise

Level 1 Amazon

STR 3 || DEX 0 || STA 3 || CON 1.8 || WIS 3.3 || CHA 1.5

Challenges: Current   Previous

Accountability: Cutlasses

Aaaand...it's over.

The challenge is over and done with. I'm...sad, excited, a whole jumble of things really. Sad about my bits of failure, but excited about the loads of victories I managed to achieve in the meantime!

Quest 1: Paleo.

I picked up some nice habits, and eat more produce even if I didn't manage to stick with it. What I learned from trying it out this past six weeks is I'm better off cooking a couple Paleo meals a week and leaving it at that. Grains and dairies are kind of ingrained into my dietary habits, and are really hard to kick. So it's easier to limit my intake of them, instead of just saying no no no.

~Final Grade: C~

Quest 2: Zombies Run!

*whistles* I...got much farther in the app than if I hadn't made it a quest, I can tell you that. I didn't do nearly as much long distance running as I had planned to, but I've always been a sprinter. And I'm not sure how much long distance running is really in parkour.

~Final Grade: D~

Quest 3: Sleep!

THIS IS THE MOST I'VE SLEPT IN SIX WEEKS EVER. Ahem. I mean, I did really well with this quest, got 7.5 hours without fail. I can probably also blame this on my schedule, but I feel well rested most of the time. I might even start trying for 8 hours!

Side Quest: Isabela.

Soooo Izzy is not finished. But she has been started and that counts for something, haha!

~Final Grade: C~

All in all, I enjoyed myself this challenge. Challenging myself and meeting other people doing the same? It was a lot of fun! As for the guilds for next challenge, I believe that I will be taking either the Assassin or Monk routes. (I like parkour and martial arts here!) We'll see what happens.

I think my goals for next challenge will lean towards bodyweight exercises, veggie/water intake, getting my parkour in. Or something like that, y'know?

Overall I'm pleased with myself and this challenge though. (And the fact that I dropped like 20 lbs?) Can't wait for the next challenge so I can push myself even more! Thanks for sticking with me this long, rebels!