• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

nightlight

Nightlight's put up or shut up challenge

Nightlight's put up or shut up challenge

Diet/Fitness Goals:

*95% PALEO

I will be loosely following the whole 30 program, with a few exceptions.

***I will allow bacon, sausage, etc.

***I will also allow red wine -- only 2 glasses at a time, and only 2 nights per week. Extra points for no wine.

***I will only allow butter until i go and get some clarified butter/ghee (this upcoming weekend)

This will be for 30 days. After 30 days, I'll re-evaluate, but start testing food sensitivities.

goal is 95% paleo, because I know I will have 1-2 fancy dinners out, and I will want to eat as paleo as possible, but those dinners may include dairy/sugar. and hey, I can't be perfect

*Get off the sauce No diet coke. No fake sweetner. I need to call this out specifically, even if it is included in the whole 30.

*Attend 4-5 Crossfit Classes per week This can be WODs/STRENGTH/Pilates, or any mix thereof.

*Mother effing RUN Follow either the Crossfit Endurance WOD or the Rebel Running Guide. 3x per week

stats

Measurements in inches

right calf - 15.5

left calf - 14.75

thighs 24.5

hips 40

waist: 35 (across belly button)

under boob rib cage: 34.5

across bust: 39

bicep 13

neck: 13.25

weight: 170 (on weird gym scale that fluctuated btwn 160 and 170 when i shifted) note to self, get real scale.

*MINI SELF GOALS

At least 8 glasses of water a day

At least 8 hours of sleep per night

Life Goal

ORGANIZE the damn apartment. Come up with a plan for this in the next week.

Write at least one blog post per week. (Blog link coming soon...)

Read up and learn to implement techniques to combat my asthma while exercising

FAIL GOALS

1 pull up

run a 5k without stopping to walk

write and publish a song

complete nanowrimo

LET's DO THIS!

Edited by nightlight
removed running goal

Holy crap, knocked back to the 5th page overnight. Lots of new challenges going on. YAY!

So, today. Day 1. 100% paleo.

Breakfast = 3 hard boiled eggs w/ s+p.

already downed 2 glasses of water.

Here's my CF schedule for this week, plus doing Barbells for Boobs Saturday morning. Which is "Grace" 30 Clean and Jerks for time. I will probably use 65 or 75lbs.

http://nerdfitness.com/community/attachment.php?attachmentid=874&d=1319464459

Yay! Whole 30! Buy lots and lots and lots of coconut products. Seriously...there are times I think that the Whole 30 is financed by coconut producers. ;)

Anyways. Feel like a cooking project? Tada! Save your moneys for more important stuff (like crossfit gear! Knee high socks! Beanies! Shoes!) and make some ghee: http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/2008/06/making-ghee.html

Curiosity. What's nanowrimo? Never heard of it...

Good luck!

Yay! Whole 30! Buy lots and lots and lots of coconut products. Seriously...there are times I think that the Whole 30 is financed by coconut producers. ;)

Anyways. Feel like a cooking project? Tada! Save your moneys for more important stuff (like crossfit gear! Knee high socks! Beanies! Shoes!) and make some ghee: http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/2008/06/making-ghee.html

Curiosity. What's nanowrimo? Never heard of it...

Good luck!

yes. i bought some coconut oil yesterday. :) i have coconut butter, and it doesn't taste good to me.. the texture is really mealy... maybe i got a bad batch?

NaNoWriMo

http://www.nanowrimo.org/

Geeze, good thing you're remembering the water! I can here to cheer you on and you wind up helping me out!

haha. thanks! and you can't forget water!! that'd be a bad scene.

Yes. Water is, like, the best athlete's drink ever. It hydrates, gives you back your electrolytes, and it's sugar free and with 0 calories. And, and, and you can get it out of your tap without having to pay for it.

Honestly, more people should drink this stuff.

yes. i bought some coconut oil yesterday. :) i have coconut butter, and it doesn't taste good to me.. the texture is really mealy... maybe i got a bad batch?

Dunno. I have artisana coconut butter. There's also recipes for making it online. I do know that I like it better when I heat it up and stir it a bit. Maybe try zapping it in the microwave for 15-30 seconds and see if that's better? At that point, I just eat the stuff with a spoon. Seriously addictive... :)

@CB yeah. that's the kind i have.... i don't have a microwave. i'm thinking i am going to break down and get one this weekend...

Just drop the closed bottle into some reasonably hot water then. The coconut butter is next to useless when it's not at least somewhat warm. I usually keep mine next to the stove :)

DAY 1

Fitness

Warm Up:

5min hip mobility (sit in the bottom of a squat)

wrist stretches.

WOD:

Front Squat

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

warm up: 45lb bar x5

55-65-75-85-95-105-115(pr!)-135(fail)

got called for time, we were sharing bars 3 to a bar. i'm so sure I could have gotten 125. damn.

cash out:

bottoms up squat/leap frog tabata

DIET

breakfast: 3 hard boiled eggs

lunch: romaine/cucumber salad w/ olive oil and red wine vinegar. 3 oz turkey.

snack: 3oz beef jerky

snack2: apple and 1T sunflower nut butter

dinner: chix breast marinated in balsamic, broccoli, mashed sweet potato.

from paleotrack.com:

1326 calories

118 grams protein

49 grams fat

103 grams carbs (damn you beef jerkey!)

Also got all my water today and 8 hrs sleep last night.

I think today i was 98% paleo! (knocking off 2% because of the added sugar in the jerky)

Nice job on day one! Way to go!

thanks!

Fantastic! Looks like you're off to a great start! Now carry this into tomorrow, and let's see what you do!

thanks! tomorrow is going to be a little bit of a challenge. i'm going to see "sleep no more" so alcohol will be a temptation. and, no crossfit till thursday. cross your fingers.

The Awesome Boyfriend swears by virgin coconut oil. Says it is one of the MCTs... Medium Chain Triglycerides. According to him, they hit your bloodstream faster & supposedly don't get stored as easily.

The Awesome Boyfriend swears by virgin coconut oil. Says it is one of the MCTs... Medium Chain Triglycerides. According to him, they hit your bloodstream faster & supposedly don't get stored as easily.

wow. look at you all knowledgeable and contributing and stuff. :)

Congratulations on the PR!

thanks! hopefully when we do front squats again, i'll hit another!

Nice job on Day 1!

thanks!

An awesome start to an awesome challenge! Good call on the pull up fail goal.. maybe I'll throw that back on my challenge. I certainly failed on it last time :P

you should. maybe you WON'T fail!