• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hrunter

Hrunter's Eat, Move, Learn, Integrate challenge

Boffer Weapons are safe® weapons for use in a type of Live Action RolePlay. Often made of foam, it lets players act out combat with reducing risks of injury.

Thanks, Faline! Its getting much better, that's for sure! We're focusing on Mindfulness this week. My homework is practicing observing and focus on effective solutions.

This is my 5th week going (ours groups run 6 or 7 weeks, but you can keep going as long as you need) and I find its really effective. Though the week where we didn't have group was difficult - maybe its a matter of practice integrating the skills. If it were my place to do so, I'd recommend it to just about anyone!

Haha this week's challenge for recipes and working with a beef isn't going too well - I'm still not there with it. Gotta remember to defrost it before trying to take a single piece from the pack!

Hrunter, I used to have problems remembering to thaw beef too. I've started to make it a part of my nightly routine to move anything from the freezer right before I go to bed (right after doing dishes seems to work for me). Just a thought.

That's a good idea, Karrie! I am working on building a consistent bed time routine, so that could be an element to incorporate!

Lyasya - I'd been a part of the Society for Creative Anachronism for a bit, that may be something similar in your area - Check out if your area has a branch. LARP isn't going to be too hard of a jump to make, with my love of the imagination that goes with it.

HALF WAY THROUGH REPORT

I'll admit, I've really lost track of my scoring. Which kinda sucks.

I've been laid up with (as I found out today from the doctor) a sinus and chest infection, that's been brewing for a few weeks.

Its rather tough trying to keep up with daily body weight workouts when O2 intake is reduced.

HOWEVER.

I have lost 7 pounds.

I have been eating Paleo, (with a few bolstering additions of some noodles in a soup earlier last week and my french vanilla).

I've not moved much often - This past week has seen me sleeping around 20 hours a day.

I missed DBT last week - That nerfs the idea of DBT homework. I can do more mindfulness practice, at least.

I've done what I can to learn a new recipe last week while pushing through the fog in my head. Egg Drop soup. First time worked out, second not so well.

Sadly, my beef lasted a little longer than one week, so I didn't work with a new protein last week.

I think I at least deserve a pat on the back for using the beef efficiently; good portion sizing, not wasting and the like.

No progress on CSS. I've worked on website -content- since the start of the challenge, but that wasn't the goal per say. Thanks to theanne (@annedorko) for your wonderful news letter to help me on my toes!

Sleep schedule - Don't make me laugh.

Cleaning & Clearing room - Room is cleaned up, but as for clearing out unecessary stuff? Could use work.

Meds & Stimulants: Easy mode. Off Olanzapine completely. Might as well dispose of the extras back at the pharmacy. Caffeine is at the least regulated. Never past 4 pm, no more than =< 8 oz. French Vanilla per day. I think next challenge, I will work to wean myself off of it X3 Its still been a WONDERFUL treat to keep me on track. And its really helped keep me awake long enough to cook my meals X.x

7 Pounds! That's half way there!

Not exactly. Its like things are conspiring against me. Three deaths in the family recently and now a close call for a fourth.

I'm falling prey to comfort eating and long periods of just not eating at all. The double respiratory infection is clearing up slowly, on the plus side. I'm needing pain meds less to deal with it.

Sleep is a joke.

I gotta look at the 'how to deal when **** happens' articles for some ideas, methinks.

I think my biggest success right now is with my DBT skills. I'm by no means near perfect, but I've managed to work my way out of crisis a couple times this week.

The fact that I was there and fell back on some thoroughly negative habits, not so great.

Not so great on the distress tolerance and reducing vulnerability to overwhelming negative emotions, but considering what I'm working with, I'm doing pretty #()@! good!

Not exactly. Its like things are conspiring against me. Three deaths in the family recently and now a close call for a fourth.

I'm falling prey to comfort eating and long periods of just not eating at all. The double respiratory infection is clearing up slowly, on the plus side. I'm needing pain meds less to deal with it.

Sleep is a joke.

I gotta look at the 'how to deal when **** happens' articles for some ideas, methinks.

I think my biggest success right now is with my DBT skills. I'm by no means near perfect, but I've managed to work my way out of crisis a couple times this week.

The fact that I was there and fell back on some thoroughly negative habits, not so great.

Not so great on the distress tolerance and reducing vulnerability to overwhelming negative emotions, but considering what I'm working with, I'm doing pretty #()@! good!

That is a lot to go through and I really commend you for focusing on what you are doing well and not getting so bogged down in the negative. Take care of yourself and you'll come back strong and we'll be here to cheer you on all the way!

Thanks, Faraxk. Its part of trying to change my negative habits. One of the things I've done too often is discount the positives, all or nothing thinking.

I think I'm gonna hop in the next challenge, things can't stay tough for long!

I totally understand this feeling - focusing on what I have done wrong not on what has been accomplished.

You have done a lot! And death in the family (even one) is a huge stress. For me it looks like you are doing great coping with it, and still remembering about your goals.

I just hope I haven't gained back what I'd lost!

Things are getting easier, infection is gone.

Sleep is split into two 4 hour bouts, it seems. Very coffee reliant right now.

Interested to see how I've managed, for this while.

Dr. Appointment to check progress on weight and the infection :3

Eager much.

Weighing in, today. Dr. Appt. in a half hour.

Goal 1: Eat: 70% While I didn't achieve my desired 'every day' or even the 80%, I kept to it as much as possible, even while sick, through lack of appetite.

Goal 2: Move: 40% Didn't hit my goal of every day. Or every second day. Being sick really fed me one heck of a blow on this goal. But I have increased my overall amount of movement.

Goal 3: Lose: 80% 12lbs Out of 15. At the 200 mark. Heckyes.

Goal 4: Learn:

a) 3 books. I didn't finish "Scattered Minds" (most ironically) but I did feed my mind one hell of a lot.

B) did my homework. Even got figurative gold stars from the skills trainer. Considering what I've been through over the past 6 weeks... this is one hell of a success.

c) New recipe. 67% Chicken Stir fry, Steak and Eggs, Egg drop soup and porkchops

d) 0% CSS fell by the wayside. I got some progress on the site, but none on the CSS, which was the goal itself.

Goal 5: Integrate:

a) Cook: 67% Cooked the four above recipies.

B) Website: 0%

c) Paleo: 70% Pass

d) DBT: Pass. One hell of a pass.

Goal 6: Organize

Sleep schedule: Pass for the 8 hour average

Space: Check. Stuff: Not so much

Meds: Check check check. 2 months + Olanzapine free.

Totalling things up...

100/150 Points Fitness Goals

122/160 (X.x and I'm alert enough to notice my math skills fail on the first post! Huzzah!)

Final grade: 72%

Rank A

Failure goal/goal failed: CSS/Website work

Edited by Hrunter

Thanks! I'm concerned I might be padding things a little, but... It does make for a nice pat on the back XD

I hope next time I can get into helping motivate others better, as well!