I wanna be a pirate!

Hi buff nerds!

I've got a fever, and the only cure is more books!

Who can suggest to me a book in particular that they loved that has all to do with boats and swashbuckling pirate adventures?  I'll take high fantasy like Game of Thrones or LoTR by all means, but I really just want to sail the seven seas.

My reward to anyone who can give me a suggestion will be a sincere "thank you" which I give in advance. :P  If I totally fall in love with the story, I'll let you know.

• Like 1

"Impossible is not a fact, it's an opinion.  Impossible is not a declaration, it's a dare.  Impossible is potential, impossible is temporary, impossible is NOTHING." -Muhammad Ali

"The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision." -Hellen Keller

Ferocity (2),  2 Becoming Capable, Becoming a Ranger

So this post is super old, but I saw it and had to respond - highly recommend Captain Blood by Rafael Sabatini. Excellent pirate story, enjoyable classic, a little history gently peppered in for flavor. One of my favorite pirate stories. 

Blog: https://seekingcassandra.blogspot.com/

Current Challenge:  SeekingCassandra is planning a comeback

Previous Challenge:

"One day, they may write about me as a traitor, a madwoman, a fool. And they may be right."

Try Red Skies Under Red Seas by Scott Lynch. It's the second book in a series, but it stands pretty well on its own.

It's not precisely piracy, but you might check into Jim Butcher's The Aeronaut's Windlass. It's sky navy rather than open-water pirates, but there are some neat bits with flying ships and talking cats.

"If you would improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus

"You just gotta listen to your body, unless it's saying anything about stopping, pain, your joints, or needing water."

Level 20 Pilgrim (Adventurer 7, Assassin 3, Druid 2, Monk 10, Ranger 5, Rebel 9, Scout 10, Warrior 4)