Liberator's 8th, the transformation continues...

Liberator

My 8th challenge and my one year anniversary with Nerd Fitness.

My last challenge was really involved. I have learned through this year, I am really inconsistent. Just something to improve on in a loving and forgiving way. I am no robot, I can't just reprogram over all my bad habits and quirks. 

Here's my thoughts for this challenge:  

Gratitude - 3 per day - Love to do these. 

Sugar busting diet - keep getting rid of sugar from my diet. I would like to work with Crockpot recipes. I would have no problem lowering my sugar if I didn't find myself in the middle of the day with nothing to eat but fundraising chocolate bars. Meal planning is key and I have room for improvement with that!

Meditation - once per day - I was best with this when I woke up early and used a 15 min. meditation app. 

Working out - 6 times this challenge, my shoulder is just not right and I am not sure what to do. Rest is not improving it. I would like to lift with the empty bar and see how that goes.

Black break-up/redo wardrobe - Getting rid of black in my wardrobe has been awesome. I am amazed at how many people have noticed and I get so many complements, even strangers notice. Most people dress in black and very dark colors, I walk into the room with a bright orange jacket and everybody notices. It would have freaked out if I did that in the past, now it is fun to show others that you can wear colors. I feel there is power in it, to not be afraid to stand out. I have wore some crazy combinations of colors just to not wear black, like bright blue with olive green. I am sticking to my goal of wearing no black and all my friends are watching and checking up on me. I have a lot of accountability on this one!

Kindness: Active listening, no sarcasm, smiling. I want to take kindness to another level and work on improving my listening skills. The sarcasm jar is great although I am not putting in the money, everyone is pointing out to me every sarcastic remark I make. I am much more aware of my interaction than before. I want to continue to smile and also smile as I am resting, driving, standing in line and throughout my whole day. Too many people walk around with a frown or terrible look on their face. Smile, smile, smile!!! 

• Like 2

Congrats on the pending anniversary! :) I, too, notice the permanent frowns etched on all the faces. What an unhappy world this is becoming, unless we do something to help it!

• Like 1

"Magic?" the old man replied, his raspy voice curling around the pipe like smoke,

"There's no such thing as that; not the way they mean...

There's sight, there's wisdom, and there's motion.

The rest is just...seeing what happens."

Gratitude

I am grateful for snow and the fun expectation of a snow day.

I am grateful for a warm house, loaded pantry and a full gastank.

I am grateful for the great year my co-worker is having. It is wonderful for see him happy and excited about his job and life.

I am grateful for the encouragement of others.

I am grateful for the excitement of field trips. I love to take students to cool art shows and new cities for unique experiences. 

Gratitude:

I am grateful for consignment shops. I am replacing a huge chunk of my wardrobe, everything black, consignment shops are awesome for getting rid of really good stuff and finding some beautiful pieces for very low prices. 

I am grateful for the joy of getting dressed each morning. Without black as the base color I can get so much more creative with my color combinations.

I am grateful for my husband's tolerance with my new hobby of clothes shopping. I am shopping a lot more than I ever have, he's gotten a free pass for the first twenty years.

I am grateful for my children's enjoyment of the snow. Happy they make the most of snow days and that snow is a part of their childhood memories.  

I need to get back to the "blissapline" I started a few challenges back. I am good about gratitude and not wearing black, most everything else I am sucking at… :nightmare: .

Time to muster up some will power, keep my commitments and be accountable!

I need to change my diet and get back to exercising. I need a small task to build my 

I think I need to quit sugar again. I need to cook more. Eat more protein.

Exercising I need to go back to basics and not hurt my shoulder. I need something so simple I have no excuse not to complete the task each day. 

Daily Blissapline:

Gratitude:  :peaceful: 

No Chocolate:  :numbness: 

No Bread nor pasta:  :peaceful: 

25 Squats:

No Black clothes:  :peaceful: 

Kindness:  :peaceful: 

• Like 1

I took 3 weeks off from working out because I hurt a rib. It's hard to get going again, but your body will respond to it. Remember how much you like to work. :)

• Like 1

"Magic?" the old man replied, his raspy voice curling around the pipe like smoke,

"There's no such thing as that; not the way they mean...

There's sight, there's wisdom, and there's motion.

The rest is just...seeing what happens."

Gratitude:

I am grateful for the very hard working plow guy who plowed the driveway twice yesterday and probably is working 18 hour shifts.

I am grateful for the spirit of kindness and concern for others that big snowstorms bring out in the community. This storm is quite remarkable in its size and duration.

I am grateful for electricity. Snowstorms don't bother me too much as long as there is electricity, most everyone has power.

Daily Blissapline:

Gratitude:   :peaceful: 

No Chocolate:   :peaceful: No chocolate in the house so I am good today.

No Bread nor pasta:  pancakes :( lasagna :(

25 Squats:   :nonchalance: no

No Black clothes:   :peaceful: 

Kindness:  Fun moments with J  :peaceful: 

• Like 1

Gratitude
I am grateful for the way snow slows us down. The world doesn't seem like it is spinning out of control when a snow storm hits. It quiets the whole city down and muffles sound. At times all you can hear is the crunch of your footsteps.
I am grateful for quiet.
I am grateful for feeling the pulse of blood through my body.
I am grateful I did my squats today. My body and mind need that movement and work.

• Like 1

Daily Blissapline:

Gratitude:    :peaceful: 

No Chocolate:    :peaceful: 

No Bread nor pasta:  pizza  :(

25 Squats:  :peaceful: 

No Black clothes:    :peaceful: 

Kindness:

I think I need to shake things up a bit, maybe different blissapline items?

I need to mull over the direction I want to go. Gratitude is a no brainer for me, I would do it regardless at this point. No black clothes, I don't have any left to wear except yoga pants. Kindness is good but vague and I already have everyone keeping my sarcasm it check. So those things are not very challenging.  I barely eat anything, BP coffee, small lunch, small dinner, I am not sure where to go with my diet.   

• Like 1

Gratitude

I am grateful that I am back to doing daily squats. So easy, no excuses!

I am grateful for daily reminders of love and joy that pop up in unexpected places.

I am grateful for moments of peace and connection with others; they are wonderful blessings.

I am grateful for the family members who host holidays and allow all of us to come together.

I am grateful for family members for travel so far to reconnect with their relatives, however stressful and crazy the holidays with family can be, it is appreciated.

• Like 1

My 8th challenge and my one year anniversary with Nerd Fitness.

My last challenge was really involved. I have learned through this year, I am really inconsistent. Just something to improve on in a loving and forgiving way. I am no robot, I can't just reprogram over all my bad habits and quirks. 

Here's my thoughts for this challenge:  

Gratitude - 3 per day - Love to do these. 

Sugar busting diet - keep getting rid of sugar from my diet. I would like to work with Crockpot recipes. I would have no problem lowering my sugar if I didn't find myself in the middle of the day with nothing to eat but fundraising chocolate bars. Meal planning is key and I have room for improvement with that!

Meditation - once per day - I was best with this when I woke up early and used a 15 min. meditation app. 

Working out - 6 times this challenge, my shoulder is just not right and I am not sure what to do. Rest is not improving it. I would like to lift with the empty bar and see how that goes.

Black break-up/redo wardrobe - Getting rid of black in my wardrobe has been awesome. I am amazed at how many people have noticed and I get so many complements, even strangers notice. Most people dress in black and very dark colors, I walk into the room with a bright orange jacket and everybody notices. It would have freaked out if I did that in the past, now it is fun to show others that you can wear colors. I feel there is power in it, to not be afraid to stand out. I have wore some crazy combinations of colors just to not wear black, like bright blue with olive green. I am sticking to my goal of wearing no black and all my friends are watching and checking up on me. I have a lot of accountability on this one!

Kindness: Active listening, no sarcasm, smiling. I want to take kindness to another level and work on improving my listening skills. The sarcasm jar is great although I am not putting in the money, everyone is pointing out to me every sarcastic remark I make. I am much more aware of my interaction than before. I want to continue to smile and also smile as I am resting, driving, standing in line and throughout my whole day. Too many people walk around with a frown or terrible look on their face. Smile, smile, smile!!! 

Liberator, please promise that you will never leave the Druids. Your posts always leave me with inspired thoughts.

I hear you on the meal planning, and will come back for advice.

Namaste

• Like 2

I have chosen to believe in myself.

Love the emoticon-rating system, that's damn cool :D 

Seems like you are doing great and I am happy I stopped by because your posts always remind one that there are sooo many things to be grateful for but I hardly see those things. 

I am grateful for hugs. They just feel good!

Yep, hugs are so awesome!! ^_^

• Like 1

"The purpose of life is to be happy." - Tendzin Gyatsho, the 14th Dalai Lama 

Character

Gratitude

I am grateful for schools' starting to reopen. No students today but it is good to get back to work after four days of snow days.

I am grateful for the ability to see good, I feel blessed to have this in my life because I always have joy.

I am grateful for blissful moments of beauty that take your breath away. Starting to realize the beauty is still there just harder to see.

I am grateful for friendship and the appreciation of others. It is nice to see that you have a positive impact on others. :) 

Liberator, please promise that you will never leave the Druids. Your posts always leave me with inspired thoughts.

I hear you on the meal planning, and will come back for advice.

Namaste

I promise Druids will always be my home  :love_heart:

Thank you for helping make it warm and friendly!

Feel free to share advice on meal planning… I have a lot to learn!

The best idea I have learned lately is freeze cooked protein (meat) and rotate your proteins. Defrosting is easier when they are already cooked and it is wise to rotate a range of proteins (beef, poultry, lamb, etc…) to improve nutrition. I freeze raw meat and never take the time to defrost and cook it.  So instead I bought a family pack of grilled chicken and froze each piece separately and then defrosted and cut it up for salads.  It's no the cheapest way to do things but it is a big time saver. 

Love the emoticon-rating system, that's damn cool :D

Seems like you are doing great and I am happy I stopped by because your posts always remind one that there are sooo many things to be grateful for but I hardly see those things. 

Yep, hugs are so awesome!! ^_^

Thanks about the rating system, I hate grading so this is more positive for me. :) 

It is nice to know you enjoy the gratitude statements, feel free to join me! They are fun to write and add joy to your life!  :tickled_pink:

• Like 1

Daily Blissapline:

Gratitude:   :peaceful: 

No Chocolate:   :numbness: tasted some chocolate chip pancakes 

No Bread nor pasta:   :numbness: see above; need to change to meal planning! 

25 Squats:  :peaceful: 

Meditation:   :peaceful: 

Kindness:   :peaceful: helped friends with titles for artwork; helped a friend w/ dealing with the loss of a family member 

I need to go back to my weekly Awesomeness Planning! It helped a lot.

Redo for Daily Blissapline:

Daily Blissapline:

Gratitude: 

No Chocolate: (needs to be more positive….? Sugar-free? Sweets-free?) No what I want to try is no eating after 8pm

Meal planning: 

25 Squats: 

Meditation:   

Kindness: (needs to be more measurable)

PON: Power Of Now moments; learning to be in the moment, free from worry, judgment, past and future. Eckhart Tolle recommends stopping for 30 sec., feel the energy in your hands and take a deep breath. Do this each time you get into your car or sit to use your computer, work it into your day, each day and throughout the day.  

I like this change although I need to work in more exercise for my body. Dailstretching perhaps.

Gratitude

I am grateful I can help my students with their college essays, helping them assess their strengths and skills and give them positive support as they prepare to the next step in their development.

I am grateful for the excitement of working with teenagers, they are fun and full of energy and ideas.

I am grateful for room to grow and improve as a human being. Life is an adventure and always more to learn.

I am grateful my son can be happy without having to play video games all the time.

• Like 2

Daily Blissapline:

Gratitude: :)

No eating after 8pm :( Tried some mail-order nature snacks & a chocolate bar at school

Meal planning: :) Brought soup to school for lunch; Kale with bacon & tomatoes for Dinner

25 Squats: :)

Meditation:  

Kindness: :) Helped 2 students write their college essay.  Writing a few recommendations tonight.

PON: :)

Besides the snacking after 8 it's been a good day. 

• Like 2

PON: Power Of Now moments; learning to be in the moment, free from worry, judgment, past and future. Eckhart Tolle recommends stopping for 30 sec., feel the energy in your hands and take a deep breath. Do this each time you get into your car or sit to use your computer, work it into your day, each day and throughout the day.

Hmmz, that sounds like an intresting one & a possible massive influential win thing to do.   I'm hoping I'll have more luck with it then the "3minute breathing space" of mindfullness , which seems to elude me.

Beautifull challenge-thread.  Gratefullness is allways a bliss to read :)

• Like 2

Nusuth Revamped

Current Challenge

You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf 

Jon Kabat-Zinn

A quitter never wins and a winner never quits.

Napoleon Hill