• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

wvuengineer

Breakfast Soup

I know soup isnt your typical breakfast food but hear me out.

I love a good bowl of ramen every now and then(i know its not paleo) and I was craving some for breakfast, which sounds weird but i have a breakfast ramen recipe I really like to make. I decided to make it a little healthier and took out the noodles and went with what was left. So here it is.

Handful of whole Shitake mushrooms( about a cup)

3 green onions

2 slices of bacon

1 or 2 eggs(depending on how hungry you are)

2 cups of water

1. In a pan cook the two slices of bacon and set aside

2. After removing the excess grease(this is a must do step), cook the mushrooms and green onions

3. When the mushrooms are cooked to your liking pour in the water and bring to a boil

4. When boiling drop in the eggs to poach them.

5. Make sure the yolk doesnt solidify ( or do I dont care)

6. Transfer to a bowl and crumble up your bacon into it

7. Break yolk and stir

8. Enjoy

I also had about 6 walnuts in mine, i find it gives it an interesting nutty flavor, but its totally optional

• Like 1

Mmmm I love soup for breakfast!  It's warm, comforting, easy on the stomach, easy to get your veg and protein without much effort, easy to just heat up a bowl and go.  Your actual breakfasty take sounds good; I usually just have leftovers of some sort of beef stew/green chile stew/chicken and cauliflower rice soup/etc.  Or I'll just heat up stock, season it, and whip in a pat of butter as if I were making bulletproof coffee.  It's nice to sip and the fat helps it "stick" longer before I'm hungry again.  Sometimes I'll add a poached egg, but usually I have trouble stomaching eggs until later in the day.  I'm weird, sorry.  Thanks for the recipe!

• Like 1