Deadlift Form Check

Alrighty back for another form check...

Here is side view of 3 reps @ 75% 1 RM.

Here is a front view of 1 rep 98%

You can't see my back very well front the front view (sorry) but if you watch my hips you can see how much higher they come up before I start to lift the weight.

It feels like that it's shifting the weight forward a bit to make it more of the pull to shoulders and back rather than the push from my legs.

But I can still get the weight up, and I can feel my back muscles holding tight with my stomach full of air and my back flexed.

Usually the last heavy rep I can feel my back start to give a little and that's when I drop weight.

What do you think?

|| Assassin ||

Challenges : current

first, secondthird

"Some people say it doesn't matter whether you win or lose, only if you have fun. Well...nothing is more fun than winning"

Only thing I'd mention would be looks like you are moving the bar around your knee on the descent.  Try and RDL the weight until it gets past your knee, then break at the knee to finish the descent.  Should help keep the bar path nice and straight.  But even that was minor and only really happened on rep 2.  Really I'm just nit picking.  :P

Only thing I'd mention would be looks like you are moving the bar around your knee on the descent.  Try and RDL the weight until it gets past your knee, then break at the knee to finish the descent.  Should help keep the bar path nice and straight.  But even that was minor and only really happened on rep 2.  Really I'm just nit picking.  :tongue:

That's okay nit picking is good :D

What do you mean by RDL?

|| Assassin ||

first, secondthird

"Some people say it doesn't matter whether you win or lose, only if you have fun. Well...nothing is more fun than winning"

That's okay nit picking is good :D

What do you mean by RDL?

Romanian Deadlift.  I can go find the video that I learned off, but basically, the premise is that on the descent of the Deadlift, keep the knees locked, and lower the weight with only a break at your hips UNTIL the weight gets past the knees.  Once it gets passed the knees, you can bend at the knees and finish the descent.

• Like 1

Romanian Deadlift.  I can go find the video that I learned off, but basically, the premise is that on the descent of the Deadlift, keep the knees locked, and lower the weight with only a break at your hips UNTIL the weight gets past the knees.  Once it gets passed the knees, you can bend at the knees and finish the descent.

If you could find the video that would be great please! :panda:

|| Assassin ||

first, secondthird