Eternal Adventure to Kill All the Things Battle Log

I've been a member of nerdfitness for a while and have decided to get in the bandwagon and announce my daily log to assassinate kill all the things. That's right. I'm here to conquer. And to tell my tale of triumph and defeat to all (who care to listen.)

What to expect during my battles of valor:

• sarcasm, gifs, videos
  • daily log of current six week challenge
  • pictures of not me
  • happy posts
  • sad posts
  • stories of levling up or just how "how I battle with my exercise"
  • random noob questions. But they'll go away after the quest for answers/enlightenment is done

Goals:

• lose 50 lbs.
    • (Thanks college and stress for giving that to me.)
  • study a lot.
    • I'm majoring in accounting. and it might not sound hard but I recently switched majors which is making things a little more difficult.
  • exercise
    • get into the habit of it
    • I'm starting off with Dance Central 2 and zumba on the xbox but I'll work my way to other exercises
  • try new exercises
    • start off with small 7 minute strength training exercises
    • do the BBWW workout 
    • confession: I tried the 20min hotel workout my first time here and was sore for a week (serious case of DOMS. and kinda pulled a back muscle, so I was out for another two weeks after that)
    • kill conquer the 20 min hotel workout
  • scheduling
    • getting into a better routine for everything is better for, well, everything. this inclides getting into a better:
    • sleep schedule
    • study schedule
    • workout schedule
    • reading schedule
    • fandom watching schedule
    • etc.

A little bit about me:

1. Female
  2. Age: 22
  3. Height: 5'5 
  4. Current Weight: 197 lbs
  5. Goal Weight: 140~150ish (I shall shout my small steps to this goal with gifs, videos, constant trips to the woot room, and lots of sarcasm)
  6. Fears: public speaking and over socialization. guess you can chalk that up to social anxiety. (but online no one knows that. and no one knows you're a cat)
  7. Likes: dogs, puppies, fluffy things, shiny things, reading, writing, fandoms, tea, D&D, gaming, music, distractions, chocolates, gummies, food, fruits
  8. Current Gaming addiction:online mmo called "Terra." I've been playing as a beserker since its so easy to lvl up with some time and a little bit of grinding

• Like 1

Half way into the second week of my six week challenge and going strong. (kinda)

I switched up my workout routine from xbox game1 to xbox game2. That is, from Dance Central 2 to Zumba Fitness Core. Now I work up twice the sweat I use to in half the time. Plus the exercises are focused on the core. Yay, one step closer to a flat tummy! I did zumba for a little more than an hour, (not all at once), and my muscles feel sore already. Fingers crosses I don't have some serious DOMS tomorrow. 

kinect-zumba-fitness-core-front-cover-98

I noticed a few cool features on the zumba game. There's this cool community where daily, weekly, monthly, and overall stats in scores, hours played, and calories are shown. I took a peak at the most calories burned. The highest score was about 178,000 calories. That's about the calories someone would burn walking to mordor or at least from Hobbiton to Mount Doom(if you were about a 160 lb person walking a mile per 15 minutes on a treadmill even plain.)

post-25695-0-76813400-1416453904_thumb.j

This gives me a great idea. Why walk to mordor when you can dance? I'm adding an extra bar on my signature to mark my journey of dancing. It might look something like this:

In total that's 177900 calories. Although it sounds challenging I'm not putting a time limit on it so its doable. 

It's a little delayed, but I'm posting the weekly scores for my current six week challenge.

Week 1 Results
workout = A
track = B
sleep = B
water = B
study = F
total = C

So I completely failed in studying. I'd love to say idk why. Its a big problem for me right now. I sit down to study but whenever I get into it, it almost feels painful (literally) to continue. I've been studying for a few minutes everyday, but its later in the evening. But now that I'm into the second week I'm changing my routine a little so I can try studying in the morning and getting most of it out of the way. I might try to get extra study time in on workout days and do one or two zumba songs (10 min) then read for 15-20 minutes.

cat-sleeping-after-study.jpg

• Like 1

I woke up today to multiple emails from my professors for reminders on various homeworks, quizzes, projects, and exams due this month. It's feel overwhelming to have so much to study for, but this is just another challenge that has to be beaten. I'm putting this as a sub goal in the study section for my six week challenge and give (+2 wis) once complete. 

• (11/20)
    • SOC 1013 - quiz 9 - ch 8/9 
  • (11/21)
    • ACC 2013 - ch 9 notes 
    • ACC 2013 - ch 9 learnsmart 
    • ACC 2013 - ch 9 hw practice
    • ACC 2013 - ch 10 notes 
    • ACC 2013 - ch 10 learnsmart
    • ACC 2013 - ch 10 homework 
    • ACC 2013 - ch 10 hw practice 
    • ACC 2013 - ch 11 notes 
    • ACC 2013 - ch 11 learnsmart
  • (11/22)
    • ACC 2013 - bootcamp 
  • (11/23)
    • ACC 2013 - ch 11 hw practice 
  • (11/24)
    • ACC 2013 - project 3 
  • (11/25)
    • ACC 2013 - EXAM
    • SOC 2013 - ch 10 notes 
    • SOC 2013 - ch 11 notes 
    • SOC 2013 - ch 12 notes 
    • SOC 2013 - ch 13 notes 
    • SOC 2013 - exam review
    • SOC 2013 - exam 
  • (12/04)
    • SOC 2013 - assignment 3 
    • SOC 1013 - assignment 3 QLP 
  • (12/07)
    • ACC 2013 - ch 12 homework 
  • (12/10)
    • IS 1403 - quiz 1 
    • IS 1403 - quiz 2 
    • IS 1403 - quiz 3 
    • IS 1403 - quiz 4 
    • IS 1403 - exam 
  • (12/30)
  • SOC 1013 - ch 8 hw 

• SOC 1013 - ch 9 hw 

• (12/31)
  • SOC 1013 - ch 4 hw 

This six week challenge is harder than I thought and its not even half over. I'm doing okay for my main goal but failing on all of my other goals, which is making my main goal harder to reach. I'm so stressed out with all that I have to do. I've got three exams, four quizzes, and a project due this week alone. And finals will probably not be any better. Studying has been hard with my schedule and now that there is more online homework (with deadline date ending at midnight.) The homework has been cutting into my sleep schedule too. I wish I had the time to sleep in. 

I just wanted to complain about this now cuz if I didn't complain about it here I'd probably stop posting period and give up on this six week challenge. I just want to follow through with something and be proud that I did, even if I failed miserably at it (like right now.)

The Thnaksgiving holidays really took its toll. Since the family was in town I couldn't do my zumba fitness on the xbox plus running around with everyone and eating out everywhere made it difficult to track my calorie intake. Half of the week spent on thanksgiving break, so I didn't do much studying.  At least I'm still sleeping and staying hydrated. 

I'm definitely grouping for this week. Since  the break is over and finals are almost here

workout.  I'm going to switch this week routine to either zumba or tae bo videos on my laptop or two or three rounds of 7 minutes in hell

study. I'll be spending more time at school preparing for finals so I will definitely finish my weekly quota for studying.

track. I'm bringing a lunchbox to school so I can better measure what I have fun snacks and lunch. and its cheaper too.

water. I always stay hydrated

sleep. I will get most of the studying done during the earlier part of the day so I don't stay up late and I can get into a better sleep routine. 

Week 3 Results:

Workout: F

Track: F

Water: B

Sleep: B

Study: C

Total: F

I'm past the half way mark of the 6 week challenge. Woo! idk but I always get pumped when I make it to the midpoint of anything. The saying "halfway there" or "only downhill from here" comes to mind (if the objective were a bell curve. but whatever)And now I've gotten into the addiction that is linking everything. Guess I just do it for future reference and to make it look like what I'm saying is more in context.  anywhoo..

I love staying up to date with Steve's blogs and always read them whenever I get the notification in my email. But today's post struck a chord. Fallen Off the Wagon? Today is National Respawn Day! I completely fell off the wagon after the Thanksgiving break and a respawn was just what I needed. I even declared it loud and proud in the new subforum

And the rest of the day was pretty good. I'm staying on point with the rest of the six week challenge (except for the sleeping part.)

I did two sets of the "7 minutes in hell" which for some reason I found hilarious during the entire workout. Especially on the kowtows to Cthulhu and Dragon Mating Rituals. I might even upgrade the app to get the rest of the workout. I'd love to try the Mount doom Climbs, Pirate Leg Lifts, and Celebrity Face Punches. And Zombie Sprints.

I've had enough time to get at least two hours of study time in today and had enough leftover time to visit with friends. Nothing like gossiping, catching up on webcomics together, and sharing streetpasses on the 3DS. 

Here's the respawn goals I had in mind (or just a more elaboration of the goals I said from the day before)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rescheduling workouts. Since workout out on the xbox is out the window right now I'm switching to zumba and tae bo videos on my laptop or 2-3 rounds of 7 minutes in hell

Replanning study time. Finals are almost upon us and professors are giving out the last of the homework and quizzes. So more time on campus to finish up. So with a proper on campus study schedule it will be difficult to not make the weekly study quota.

Finding a regular sleep schedule. Once study time is better managed more time can go to sleeping. On nights that I don't have homework do I spend at least an hour getting ready for bed. That entails taking my dog to (his) bed since he sleeps on my bed while I study at night, put away all of my books and papers, get ready for the next day, and brush teeth. I'm going to have a alarm that goes off an hour before I need to go to bed so I can get everything out of the way beforehand. 

Retracking what I eat. Its easy to forget to track what I eat everyday. This usually leads to going over my healthy calorie limit. Plus being in college leaves little money for poor eating choices. The solution to this is bringing a lunch to school. Most of my friends being a lunch on campus with them and the campus provides microwaves in the eateries to accommodate this. Also tracking what I eat the night before would also be helpful, time efficient, and help me in being more accountable and aware of what I eat for breakfast and lunch. As for dinner, I normally have whatever the family makes to I can put that in at the end of the day along with the next days meals. 

Restocking my inventory for buffs and potions. 

lunch hp potion. bringing a lunch to campus lets me better control what I eat and a small treat wouldn't hurt. I don't like foods too high in sugar and I consider a small helping of dark chocolate or a yogurt cup a treat.

upgrade weapons and armor. One phrase comes to mind when thinking about a better sleeping and studying schedule. "There's an app for that." Having set alarms and apps to make to do list, track sleep, make notecards for studying would all be beneficial to this. And the iPhone's healthkit app managed most of this anyway. Simply getting and using compatible apps helps. 

strategy guide. I'm battling weight loss right now and this forum is one of the best places I can think of right now that has the best strategy guide. There are tons of helpful post about weigh loss and being healthy in general thanks to Steve. And the community is always so supportive. If there is any problems I have I won't hesitate to ask yall or google.

This is an update for two days since I forgot to update yesterday's. I upgraded the fitness app "7 minutes in hell." Now I can finally train to climb mount doom. And I extended the length of the exercises so it more like 10 minutes in hell.

My abs hurt from the exercise but it's worth it. They might hurt more than they should since I replaced the move can't get up (sit ups) with an ab roller. I guess I 30 reverse crunches in 30 seconds instead of like 10 sit ups.

I finally got a reply on myfitness pal. That's one more to my armada and one step closer to world domination.

I'm still stressed about school. By the time the last day of classes I'll have turned in 5 homework assignments, two quizzes, a project, and two finals. One of the things that get me through it is the rp. I'm just a wizard locking herself away to prepare for magic exams, and when I'm done I get to marvel at all my magic arsenal I have when I have to face off the bosses (aka finals)

So I've been ignoring my battle log for a while now, but posting mostly to my challenge. But I'm going to start posting here more often. Both as a daily status update and as a place to vent.

I've got a lot of stuff bottled up and if I've got nowhere to throw it I'm just going to explode and end up killing someone... Again.

I tried sleeping in today but since the family left the dog out and about he decided to sit in front of my door, scratch himself, and make lots of noise. So I got up and went to go work out on the treadmill. The only thing was it was covered in shit. I mean clothes. There's never been a problem with the treadmill. It's been spotless and devoid of clothing. That is until I started working out. It's just another thing my stepmom does to be spiteful. The day I started using the treadmill was the day she tried to repurpose it as a coat hanger.

I have no idea why she does this. I have to move the clothes every time I use it and if I dont put everything back or if an article of clothing is dropped or forgotten she attacks me. She just atarts verbally assaulting me. I have no idea why I pitnup with it and no idea why her words even bother me. All she does is complain. It's no wonder she gets headaches all the time. I dealer one day Im going to give her a piece of my mind.

The only reason I haven't is because of her revenge scheme. Last time I tried to do something like park my car I the driveway she got mad and parked her car to block both spots so I couldnt move my car. And I had classes to go to that day. I drove over the front yard and still got to class. She was so pissed that I managed to get around her. Another time my stepsister was harassing my sister and I while we were trying to get ready in the morning. I told her to go away and she started crying and went to her mom. I left the house before she came out of her room. I came home to find that she went into my sisters room and cut the cable cord to her television set. There's plenty of cords lying around the house and garage and I replaced it before my sister got home but seriously? Who does that shit???

I wish I could avoid her altogether.

I wish I could move out. But moving out would mean finding a job and an apartment, balancing my job and studying, cleaning my room, packing and moving my stuff to my apartment, buying essentials I need, and having to worry about her going into my old room and stealing or vandalizing my possessions. Or my stepsister doing that. Whic she already does. I go into my stepsisters room every few days to take back the things she has stolen.

Anyway.

Nothing much else happened today. I worked out, showered, studied, had dinner, and updated my challenge.

.My second week challenge is coming to an end. But I'm already thinking of what my 3rd challenge would look like. I already have an avatar theme going on and at least six more challenge ideas, which should last me at least another year.

challenge 2

Main Quest-

Master Airbending

tumblr_lrhlh5Z4OD1qbbbw4o1_500.gif

Goal 1 

Airbending Training (+1 STA, +1 CHA)

tumblr_n08fjno9Ua1t9w8rwo4_500.gif

CHALLENGE 1: practice yoga x3 per week

CHALLENGE 2: run x3 times a week

Goal 2

Open the chakras (+1 CON, +1 CHA)

tumblr_inline_mq784oouZS1qz4rgp.gif

CHALLENGE: meditate everyday for 30 minutes

Goal 3

Swift as an Airbender  (+3 STA, +1 DEX)

tumblr_m3l6hrUmvN1rq09pxo1_400.gif

CHALLENGE 1: Staying within calories limit, reaching +25% protein level

CHALLENGE 2: sleep 8 hours a day

Life Quest -

Study the ways of being the avatar (+2 WIS)

CHALLENGE: study 18 hours per week

Ugh. I feel stressed already. I stayed up late finishing homework. But knowing I couldn't finish it all since it's all due online at midnight, decided to come here and rant. I know no one read this but me anyway. So here goes. 

I opened up my tumblr and started browsing through when I came upon the Disney Cinderella castle gallery. And I have no idea what happened. It felt like I got triggered. It felt like I got punched in the gut. Like I woke up and came to the realization that my life is shit and I wanted to throw up from the overwhelming sad feelings. I just sat at my computer and cried for a good five minutes.

Looking at those pictures made me think of a lot of things. First off, I thought how amazing it would be to stay at a place like that. But that would mean staying with the family. Realizing that I had a triggered flash back of last time I went to Disney. I hated it. My stepsister had just been diagnosed with type one diabetes. She had only realized it a week before we left. While we were there she tried to eat everything a diabetic shouldn't. And since she was having a miserable time, she made sure no one else was having a good time either. She got so mad that she couldn't have that many carbs that she ate all of my oatmeal on morning while I had walked away from the table. And she hates oatmeal. She had migraines for the next few hours until my stepmom figured out how to get her blood sugar low. I regret ever going on that trip and whenever I think about it I want to cry.

Thinking about the past disney trip and imagining a recent one in the cinderella castle was another thing completely. Recently my stepsister has taken to threatening me. Either trying to literally cause me physical harm or breaking into my room, stealing something important, hiding it, and threatening to break it. This has been going on for a while now and everytime I bring it up to the parents they either ignore me or blame me for her actions. If I were to be stuck in that castle with her she'd resort to throwing away all of my clothes, my phone, and laptop.(since the last time I was there I was in school and had several online classes going on.) I looked at the picture of the fire place and through of how she would use the fire poker as a sword or baseball bat and try to hit me. I looked at the picture of the beds and thought of how she'd try to scare me if I was trying to sleep or make fun of how I wear an eye mask for sleeping and earplugs since everyone in the family but me snores. Looking at the bathroom and living room pictures made me realize how she would  badger me from getting any alone time. Her life's goal is making me miserable. 

I think the final picture is what triggered me. Seeing Cinderella siting on the couch smiling hurt. I relate with her in a lot of ways. I've got a stepsister and stepmom who treat me like less than a person. I do most of the cooking and cleaning in the house. I have to put my schedule around their lives and for their convenience. Because of this I don't get to hang out with friends like I want to. I started imaging me sitting and talking with Cinderella. When she asked me if I was having a great time at Disney I just broke down in tears. No. I can't remember ever having fun there. I can't remember ever having a good time with the family. All I can think about is having this anger and stress of having to worry about myself. Stressing about what my stepsister might have done or is going to do. Worrying about being cooped up in  because if I go out I get harassed or assaulted. 

challenge 3 layout

[gif]

DAY XX

[summary]

Workout âœ“ X

Meditate âœ“ X

Calorie limit/protein% âœ“ X

Sleep (8 hrs )✓ X

Study (3hrs) âœ“ X

just posting a stats reference so I don't have to go through my whole challenge every week and at the end of the challenge to add up the total. 

Weekly Results

yoga: 3/3 (+0.5 DEX)

run: 3/3 (+0.5 STA)

Meditate: 7/7 (+0.5 CHA)

food: 7/7 (+0.25 CON)

sleep: 7/7 (+0.25 CON)

study: 18/18 (+0.5 WIS)

Mini Challenge

Mini 1: +1 WIS

Mini 2: +1 WIS

Mini 3: +1 WIS

Mini 4: +1 WIS

Mini 5: +1 WIS

Mini 6: +1 WIS

Overall Challenge Results

yoga: 18/18 (+3 DEX)

run: 18/18 (+3 STA)

Meditate: 42/42 (+3 CHA)

food: 42/24 (+2.5 CON)

sleep: 7/7 (+2.5 CON)

study: 108/108 (+3 WIS)

gonna start venting again. I know no one but me is subscribed and would bother to read this jumble that is a battle log. so here goes. 

I'm depressed again. I really hate it. It happens for less than a week and comes around every few months. It's not the kind of 'I don't want to do anything.' its more of a 'my very thoughts are consuming me and making me feel helpless again/ I'm going no where in my life/ I've fucked up so many times in the past.' I usually vent on my challenge thread, but I don't want to do that anyways. Most times that drivel comes out as some passive aggressive comedy that makes other people chuckle. It make complaining feel like a chore to make other people laugh and sad because they only read the page and never comment. I see the views. I use to get a lot in my last challenges when I would express my frustrations in gifs. 

And now I'm part of this support accountability group. and its nice and all. but.. I still feel like I can't open up fully. We've got out own app where we can chat, but whenever someone talks about the woes of their irl that chat goes silent for hours. And I don't like being one of those people to kill whatever fun loving mood (that I can't read) is going on. So I just send positive small messages and cute emojis to keep thins going. 

I started following everyone in my group for the pvp challenge. And I sorta wish I hadn't. Why do they get the support? why do they get the encouragement? 

nevermind, writing like this only makes me more sad. like anyone would want to touch this topic with a fourty foot pole. 'let's not poke the sad girl and pretend to console her.' 

distractions are easier to deal with. at least they pass the time until this funk goes away.