NightWatcher13 is lost in time

NightWatcher13

_40899335_drwho_203300.jpg

Sorry guys, TARDIS landed a week late (i.e. my computer died last Monday, so this is my first time heading to the library to catch some screen-time.)

First things first - I'll put my challenge plan up, then tell y'all how last week went.

Main Quest: Even in a time machine, I'm running late. Switching back to dayshift is awesome, but I need to be keeping up with everything through the next few weeks that I've let slide through my shift-transitions up till now, and that also means fewer "I'll do it later" excuses.

SQ1 - Make timey-wimey, wibbly-wobbly stuff happen - be active, mentally and physically. If today is horses great. If it's not, make sure something physical happens - pull-up practice is always a quick option, right? Oh, and weapons training too!

5877dacf0f6c485922a873b95699137a.jpg

Let's face it, traveling with the Doctor is incredibly dangerous, so I need to be armed to the teeth.

So yes, back to the studying. But some of it is physical studying - primarily the horses, where I'm learning better riding, how to drive, how to train, and new levels of horse body-language, and my martial arts that are rusting slowly in the corners of my mind. The Doctor may not approve of guns, but seems pretty ok with non-lethal force the rest of the time. Other aspects do need study though, so I'm going to try to keep a minimum (per week) of

2 hours MA training, weapons or non.
1-2 hours JPN

1 hour music

2-3 hours SCI

At least 1 hour of riding/working with my teacher at the ranch/b&b.

and going to add sign up to take my GRE early next year.

None of this is master-level training, but it's better than nothing.

SQ2 - Down to business. Exactly what it sounds like, I need to take time to build an income that doesn't involve me going to a job 40 hours a week that, while I'm blessed to be there, is not a place where I'm using any of my strengths. So I need to work on building a steady income doing things that tap those strengths; I have the opportunity, I just need to take the time and work on it. 'Cause sadly, these things don't work on themselves.

SQ3 - Take some time out for me every day. 1 hour, I don't care if I'm gaming, reading, watching a movie. I get 1 hour of playtime minimum.

LyfeQuest - Food prep ahead of time, with a menu of what I will eat when in the week.

OK, and last week -

SQ1 - Awesomely physical .Did quite a bit of studying, no music though mostly 'cause I kept walking by the music practice rooms where I work thinking how awesome it would be to bring in my old pieces and see if I could relearn them on my breaktimes. So bringing those with me. Got to play with a friend's double-bladed spear (HEAVY sucker!!!)

SQ2 - ...yea, failed miserably. Had Monday set aside, was asked to go help one place, set aside Tuesday instead, then got asked to come in for overtime since we're short subs. So yea, that basically didn't happen :/

SQ3 - Did better on this later in the week, early in the week was just too crazy which is part of why I added this in.

LyfeQuest - planning happened, followed the plan pretty ok, but it was only so-so healthwise.

Sorry for the rushed post, I'm off again.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Current Challenge: Installing, Please Wait

Last Challenge :NW13 - System Failure, Please Reboot

Previous Challenges: 22 21 20 19 18 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

Subbed :). Because you and the Doctor with the old time vortex ;).

:D

Subbed for victory. I know nothing about Doctor Who but since you liked Khajiits last challenge here are some (to be exactly there are two, one for music and one for working out).

we_re_heading_for_venus_and_still_we_sta

lemme_upgrade_ya_by_zarnala-d6zawvi.png

Both drawn by Zarnala on deviantart

Khajiit always welcome here :) And those are both awesome, I kinda feel like I need to hang the tiger-chick on my wall as a reminder of where this khajiit is on the road too :D Now, on to victory!

R91fB.jpg

Check-in for the week:

SQ1 - music, science and horse training/learning went well. Japanese and MA not so much.

SQ2 - summed up in the image below :(

Doctor-facepalm.png

SQ3 - Did manage to take me-time out most days, didn't get any yesterday or wednesday but the rest of the week I pulled out a book or a game. (could use some time to catch up on Doctor Who, but that requires either working computer or a schedule mesh with one of my buddies who has the new season recorded so far)

Lyfe - had food planned out, had 2 days of "holy crap need ALL the chocolates!!!!" which got very interesting and slightly de-railed, but the rest I was able to keep to.

And for this week, everything will be all kinds of fascinating - 'cause holidays throw everything off in the coolest way possible. Will be at my parents from Wednesday night till Sunday afternoon, which will be interesting to plan food and studies around but we'll see how it goes. SQ2 will be extra hard, since I will be on the other side of the state for half of the week, and it's a holiday week.

Will try to add another post later on today 'cause one of my friends has an extra chromebook - 4years old and slow, but dammit it's a working computer and better than nothing. Same friend is taking a look at mine to see if she can re-weld my chargeport or if I need to order a new one.

So, for the meantime...

Doctor-Who1_2748047b.jpg

I'm gonna just go argue with myself for a bit and probably get some japanese or MA studied after church, before crafty group, so I can add another check to my list.

• Like 1

I really love your "free time" goal. It's so easy to do things that have to be done and hang around the internet the rest of the time... Which book are you reading at the moment?

Currently Clash of Kings, book 2 in A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones). Also reading Practicing Greatness for a personal development book, but Clash of Kings is my me-time book

• Like 1

Here's my semi-schedule for next week, which I will flesh out in a bit with study times and such. For now, it has food plans and general happenings on it
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dbfuQg2JGrI-HB7Vum2lKBRIVQjtfiqXO8XZQSV4zZY/edit?usp=sharing

Edit - also, my pull-up bar is now permanently up so I can just do 1 or 2 inverted pullups on it as I walk by

• Like 1

Hellooo!

Inverted pullups FTW.

Inverted pullups FTW ;) can't wait till I get to that point.

Also - 

56200-BJCj.gif

Ah man, so I went to bed with a slightly dry, sore throat. Woke up with a SUPER sore throat and feeling about like I'd been thrown about the TARDIS is a crazy trans-dimentional time storm, everything hurts. Have I mentioned I hate this time of year, with all the weather switchovers &switchbacks & general ickyness that just goes all over? *NW huffs off into a corner to pout about life.

That aside, checkin - So far this week, have taken some time to either read or game to blow off some steam in a non-ax-murderer fashion. (As stated before, the Doctor's not a fan of killing. Sadly.)

food schedules are wonderful things :3

Studies are a bit behind

Am adding a protein mix into the craziness here, since I know I'm not quite getting enough right now

Week 3 checkin:

Did stuff, stuff rocked. Lots of reading, a couple of hours studying, but still short on the JPN, and just a bit shy of where I wanted to be with physical activity but compared to my normal travel routine much improved :) baby steps yes?

Unfortunately stuff also included 2 3.5 hour drives, which made my lower back grumpy and freak out yesterday, so yay for surprise chiropractor visits @.@ well, like I said before traveling with the Doctor is dangerous, go figure I wind up AT the doctor's. basically made my SI joint mad so now I have to take it easy for a day or 2. I'm grumpy with my body over it, since it seems like the beater car that 2 days after you retrieve it from the mechanic the bumper falls off, but hopefully eventually I can actually go half a year without having repeated setbacks tell me "no workout for you!"

And within reason I plan to ignore that anyways - won't do anything stupid like run on he sucker or do riding/weapons work for a few days, but will add in some light core work to help the stabilizers do their job, and will still do some light bar work.

Ok, I feel like a lot of my posts wind up grumbles so I'm gonna end this one with something fun - ordered my end-of-year Christmas to me early and they came in yesterday- 3 corsets, 1 fitted to me now and 2 a smidge small :) will have to post a pic of them as they fit, cause I'm super stoked!

• Like 2

Ew, sore throat. I went through all that the last week or so...

Good call on the protein, though :)

Thanks, yea sore throats are the worst :/ protein mix came in so I'm gonna try some tonight, hopefully having the "extra" protein will help keep my body in 1 piece

OMG CORSET PICS ASAP PLEASE

Here we go :) terrible photo quality and I'm not used to selfies, but they do manage to show the corset.

corsetpic3

corsetpic2

photo

I even managed to try on the steampunk one, there's a 7 inch or so gap in the back so it doesn't actually fit, but it was fun to put it on and see how pretty it is. (Yes, contrary to popular belief, this tomboy/khajiit is girlier than most girly girls and loves pretty things. Now it's time for me to go find a tree to climb or some other tomboy shenanigans... muahahaha.)
And check-in - 
Foodwise doing pretty well, and will be making at least 3 more meals out of a red-wine pot roast.
Been getting a decent amount of book-time, not gaming a whole lot this week since I've been getting home late and I don't want screentime before bed but the craziness in the books make up for it. 
Definitely still taking it a bit slow physically, even though pain makes me want to kill things I think my chiropractor would kill me if I started doing anything rough-and-tumble for a few more days :/ Been keeping up with every other day doing some inverted pullups, but not as much as I probably should be doing other than that - no yoga/pilates for example. Studies are going much better though, with over half of this week's quota done already.
And on the business end - I really need to organize and prioritize my time, 'cause I've been having weeks where it seems like I'm ridiculously hectic and can't catch a moment's peace, hence SQ3 this go-round, but at the end of the week I feel like I've accomplished nothing. So I really need to set aside a specific block of time and build up around it, it's just very hard to do when every time I try to carve out a block I get called to help out somewhere else. *NW may need a vocabulary lesson including the English word "NOOOooooo"*
  • Like 1

OOooh so pretty! And I love the pants. :D

Mmm red wine pot roast. Delicious.

Thanks! I'm really pleased with the corsets, the pants are my ultimate comfy pj's - they were probably the best birthday present ever :)

The pot roast is amazing - beef roast, mushrooms, onions, potatoes, and onions with a bottle of merlot poured over the whole thing on low heat. Yum... I hear other wines do better but this one came out pretty spiffy

Your pot roast sounds so tasty :). I love putting a dark wine like merlot in my roasts, since the taste is so "full". The sweetness comes from onions anyway, so you don't need that in your wine ;).

Good job on the studying :). What are you studying at the moment?

Love the corsets as well ;).

Red wine roasts are just epic, especially since they're super easy and tend to make a ton of meat, with veggies to boot :)

Mostly assorted sciences and Japanese, was hoping to get some piano practice in at work during break but sadly that hasn't worked out :/

Thanks! I love them, and they make me hold my posture which is a good habit to re-train.

I hope your chiropractor is fixing you so you can continue on crushing all parts of your challenge.

On an unrelated note the corsets looking damn good on you.

The doc's been working on it, but I'm still in the "be careful" stage sadly. Which means this is pretty much me right now

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/soon-meme.jpg

And thanks, I love corsets - they're a lot of fun, plus they do help a bit with back issues and posture.

*raises glass to 2015*

Holy smokes the holidays went fast this year! ok, so updates overall for challenge:

MQ - Starting to actually keep up on stuff, which is a miracle in and of itself since I tend to run a day behind at the best of times. Some things had to be pushed to the back burner for time constraints, but overall I'm happy with how much better I'm keeping on-schedule at the moment

SQ1 - Staying active was far easier this challenge (for the most part) than keeping up on studies; music didn't get to happen since the room I thought I'd be able to use at work was for the most part unavailable during my break @.@ Methinks before next challenge I'll either restring the guitar or buy a new power cord for the keyboard I have in my room so all excuses get tossed, but that'll be more focused on next challenge. Science got the most study, not as much as I'd wanted but not horrible. Japanese got brushed up, once I get a new computer I have a site I want to visit that hooks you to a native speaker of language of choice who wants to learn your language - I can study, but I don't have anyone to practice with still :/ 
Weapons & MA took the back burner with an angry SI joint stopping anything that involved rapid movement, it's getting better but does act up still. It also held my riding/horse training back for a couple of weeks, combined with being out of town for holidays to visit family.

SQ2 - no excuses, this just sucked. period.

SQ3 - I did pretty well for most of the challenge taking me-time, which may have been part of what helped get me on track timewise. Feels counterintuitive, but seems to be helping so I'll take it. Didn't do quite so well between Christmas Eve and New Year's, but that's the holidays for you.

Lyfe - p0wned it :D Not so much on the actual menu aspect, but on making stuff ahead of time to take when I knew I'd need food so I didn't have to eat fast food. 

So, happy 2015 everyone! I'll be readdressing this challenge next go-round, but I'm still happy with the progress that was made (except for the holiday pounds... those I'm not happy with.)

• Like 1

Alrighty, new challenge up - since I didn't get to continue the story quite yet, not to mention the disturbing lack of Doctor gifs, I'm gonna continue with the same theme but updated challenge

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/59037-nightwatcher13-tuning-up-the-tardis/