ShotgunSally vs. la gordita!

ShotgunSally

Fitness: Signed up to works once weekly soccer today, it is Monday nights starting today. This is part of a deal swung with the boyfriend, I play soccer once a week and he lifts weights/does kettlebells with me once a week! So those two will happen weekly.

Found out on Halloween the dog gained 20 lbs in the past year, not a good look on a 7 year old great dane that started out at 130 lbs. So I'm putting him on a controlled intake diet from free feeding but I want to start walking/running him once a week. I need to get some reflective gear for him, his boots are reflective but we learned last week he doesn't like running in those. Or running with his poop tied to his collar. 

Food: I tried paleo M - F but then I just super overly binged on weekends. Instead I'm going to say all day every day I get one and only one non-paleo part of a meal or snack. If I eat two non-paleo snacks I get 20 bent over rows per arm and if I eat a non-paleo meal I get 20 burpees. I did this for a week and I felt good but I don't feel like I'm at all accountable >< mostly because the boyfriend just laughs at me while I do burpees and the dog just gets in the way and I don't track when I get busy... need to work on this.

Stress: Work is really frustrating me lately. I'm not sure what to do because I really enjoy my job but my employer is becoming challenging, we've always been a pretty laid back office but they've hired a GM from the automotive industry and let's just say typically professionals are trusted to be responsible adults and make good decisions and the anomalies are treated on a case by case basis. This GMs approach is to create enough rules and make them clear enough that we don't need to think for ourselves and we feel untrusted. All I can think of to do is start morning meditation but I'm open to suggestions.

Life Goal: I need to write up my statement of experience for work so I can apply for my license and get a 2% raise. In the next 5-weeks I need to sit down and do at least half of my statement of experience so I can apply. I also need to reign in my finances, I feel like over the past couple months I've done real bad with my money and it's stressing me out, I wake up at night thinking about it. 

Adventurer || Wood Elf

"omg I've got nerditis! Get it off, get it off!! Wait.... I think... I like it, I'll keep it :)"

Challenge: current

Blog about fitness and randomness but mostly food...

Also I need to do some work on my truck, urgently I need an oil change (I'm at 5600 km since the last) this weekend, I also need to replace my fuel filter, serpentine belt and serpentine tension pulley thingy.... I've been procrastinating. And I need to order winter tires, I skated to work today :o 

Adventurer || Wood Elf

"omg I've got nerditis! Get it off, get it off!! Wait.... I think... I like it, I'll keep it :)"

Looks solid, but I have a question.

. I did this for a week and I felt good but I don't feel like I'm at all accountable >< mostly because the boyfriend just laughs at me while I do burpees and the dog just gets in the way and I don't track when I get busy... need to work on this.

Why does this happen?  Burpees are frigging hard.  It's really difficult without a support system.

Honestly he does support me in that I tell him I want to eat more paleo and on his nights for dinner he will try to cook a paleo meal for me but he doesn't really think I need to lose any weight so he doesn't do much more than passive support. He doesn't see the need for me to do burpees when I eat non-paleo...

Adventurer || Wood Elf

Last week the boyfriend was sick and I was running around like bananas trying to get everything done and take care of him but I think I burned myself out because now I'm sick.... my chest hurts, can't breathe... I try again next week. 

Adventurer || Wood Elf

OK, Monday so far I've eaten all paleo except my protein shake which I had for brekkie because it's the boyfriends day for breakfast and he made cereal. So I made a coffee/almond milk/vegan chocolate protein shake. I'm going to accept protein shakes and my version of paleo for this challenge because I think it will help me reach my goals. I'm craving poutine but I'm debating on making it paleo or not tonight... I still have a non-paleo meal or snack for the day. I also downloaded calm.com's app so I'll be doing that soon as I get home tonight :) And then later it's soccer, I know it's too early for a Monday update since the day isn't over but I'm excited! 

Adventurer || Wood Elf

Also, while I was sick I started working on my statement of experience so not all was lost... mostly because my boss was asking why I haven't gotten my license yet.... but a win is a win. 

Adventurer || Wood Elf

Tuesday Update

Food:  Had two non-paleo snacks (a hot chocolate after the range and some sour cream and onion rings while I waited for dinner to cook). I was tired from the range so I did 20x10# (lightweight) rows per arm.

Fitness: Spent about an hour at the archery range, it started to snow soon as we arrived and didn't stop till this morning :( I was cold but I shot until my arm was too tired to hold the aim. You know what they say, you get better and stronger by just sending as many arrows into the target as you can. 

Meditation: Meditated in a conference room for five minutes in the afternoon, thanks Steve for calm.com, it's a life saver!

No other progress to report. 

Adventurer || Wood Elf

Forgot to mention I changed my oil and fuel filter last week so one small victory! Ordering winter tires tonight and steel rims to go on 'em :) TPMS not worth the cost though for winter tires so instead I will invest in a black sticker to cover the TPMS warning light, lol!

Adventurer || Wood Elf

Wednesday Update:

Food: I ate the last of the sour cream and onion rings as well as a bowl of popcorn. Paleo otherwise but I owe the bank 20 rows, must get that done tonight!

Meditation: The work mate I usually do this with "didn't have time for it" so since I was waiting on her I didn't realize she wasn't going to do it till the end of the day so I didn't end up doing it! I need to just do it at the regular time even if she's not available because it's obviously not a priority for her and it is for me. 

Fitness: rest day.

Life Advancement: Ordered my winter tires, sourced some rims on costco.ca that I need to order. Next I need to call shops in the city to price compare installation. No progress on statement of experience or walking the dog.

Overall feeling tired, dog has been waking up at 4:30 a couple days in a row while my alarm doesn't go till 7, I'm knackered. 

Adventurer || Wood Elf

Today I'm going to tack 20 burpees onto my bank debt, work is having a pizza lunch celebration for closure of our final design reviews with the client, and who am I to turn down free food? Then tonight I've been invited to watch a documentary and I'd planned on bringing a bree wheel with apricots and croissants wrapped around the outside. I had expected that to be my one non-paleo thing today but alas, I have failed! 

Spot of good news, a colleague discovered we are members at the same gym but both under utilizing our memberships, she invited me to work out this weekend and be gym buddies to help motivate each other, yay!

Adventurer || Wood Elf

Thursday Update: Nothing good came of this day. 

Bank debt: 20 x bent over rows + 20 x burpees

Saw the movie "The Secret," seems a bit hokey but there's something to be said for maintaining a positive outlook. I want to make a vision board not because I think positive energy will magically bring it to me but it gives me goals and might help me keep those goals in my cross hairs ;)  

Adventurer || Wood Elf

Friday update:

Food: I ate potatoes and corn at dinner but otherwise all paleo (minus my protein shake) 

Saturday morning I attempted this but with my 10 and 15 lb kettlebells and I didn't complete it because my legs kept shaking and refusing to work so I may need to make a few more attempts before I succeed but it'll come :) 

Adventurer || Wood Elf

Monday Update:

Food: I ate some chocolates after dinner but the rest of my day was paleo....

Exercise: Legs still hurting from Saturday, felt like every step I was getting punched in the thigh and butt so I figured if I didn't want to throw up I'd skip soccer! 

Adventurer || Wood Elf