Lor's Battle Log

2014-11-17:

Walked/jogged 1 mile at average pace 4 MPH.  Did 10 rounds of 3 reps lunges (1 each leg per rep) and knee pushups, plus 1 round of 5 each for a total of 35.  Did 2 rounds @ 20-15 of CF situps and squats.  Walked 1/4 mile then did 30/90 sprint/walk cycles for the remainder of the mile.  Small break, then 15sec plank hold/15sec rest for a total of 6 x 15 sec plank.

Level 0 Human Adventurer
STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

"Where should I go?" -Alice. "That depends on where you want to end up." - The Cheshire Cat.
― Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass

2014-11-18:

Walked an extra 1/4 mile at work today.  Got home and did:

1/2 mile @ 5 MPH (1/4 @ 6 MPH, 1/4 @ 4 MPH)

10 reps lunges/pushups/squats/CF situps

3/4 mile @ 5 MPH (30 sec sprint / 90 sec walk cycles)

15 reps lunges/pushups/squats/CF situps

1/2 mile @ 5 MPH (run until tired, walk until recovered)

10 reps lunges/pushups/squats/CF situps

Short break, then 6 x 15 sec plank holds with 15 seconds rest between.

Level 0 Human Adventurer

"Where should I go?" -Alice. "That depends on where you want to end up." - The Cheshire Cat.

2014-11-19:

Woke up and did 35 straight of each movement - lunges, pushups, situps, squats

Walked an extra mile and a quarter at lunch at work.  Side note, this was a brave venture in like 28 degree windy weather.

Got home and did a bunch of extra chores that involved walking around the house, and did a laundry workout - walk each item individually back to the dresser or closet.  This ended up being the extra 3/4 mile I needed.

Totally forgot my planks yesterday.

2014-11-20:

Rest

Level 0 Human Adventurer

Woke up and did 35 straight of each movement - lunges, pushups, situps, squats

Walked an extra mile and a quarter at lunch at work.  Side note, this was a brave venture in like 28 degree windy weather.

Got home and did a bunch of extra chores that involved walking around the house, and did a laundry workout - walk each item individually back to the dresser or closet.  This ended up being the extra 3/4 mile I needed.

Woot! 35 straight is huge! 

I envy your 28* weather. It's 45* and raining here... at least <32 is dry! 

That's a great idea for getting your last bit of distance in! Double Woot!!

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

Woot! 35 straight is huge! 

I envy your 28* weather. It's 45* and raining here... at least <32 is dry! 

That's a great idea for getting your last bit of distance in! Double Woot!!

I love "laundry workouts", it's a fun way to get a bit of extra movement in.  We have a HUGE pile to do today, so I think I'll make the squats and lunges part of that.

Okay, updates since last entry....

2014-11-21:

Rest day 2.  I didn't intend it to be, in fact I intended to leave work early to work out.  I ended up staying late and the only thing I ate between breakfast of 1.5 slices of bacon and 1.5 eggs was a couple handfuls of cashews because I couldn't get away from my desk for more than 5 minutes at a time.

2014-11-22:

Walked an extra mile in the morning while the kiddo was asleep, and did knees to elbows in place of situps, and pushups.  I skipped squats and lunges due to a banged up knee.  Went to a couple wineries with kiddo in tow and traveled well over a mile while chasing her around and playing :)

2014-11-23:

Grocery shopping with taking long routes around the store and a ton of little things I'd been putting off around the house got me an extra 2 miles throughout the day.  Skipped squats and lunges again due to the knee (which as of today 11-24 is much better).

Level 0 Human Adventurer

2015-01-05:

Breakfast - eggs, bacon, and a small amount of peas I'd made for my daughter's lunch.  Coffee to drink.

Lunch - 2/3 can of tuna seasoned with lemon juice, garlic powder, salt, pepper, cumin, and crushed red pepper, raw baby carrots.  Water to drink

Dinner - This Sukuma Wiki which was absolutely delicious!  Water to drink

Snacks - One snack of a handful of cashews.  Decided to get my treat out of the way and had dessert consisting of chocolate and marshmallows (this also removed them from the house to remove temptation :D)

No workout.  I made a breakfast casserole for the whole family that will last the rest of the workweek.

Level 0 Human Adventurer

2015-01-06:

Breakfast - Casserole!  It's my own recipe, originally started with Juli Bauer's savory breakfast casserole recipe and made some changes.  Coffee to drink.

Lunch - Leftover sukuma wiki and Thanksgiving turkey drumsticks (don't worry, it was frozen after Thanksgiving dinner and defrosted today :) ).  Water to drink.

Dinner - Best Chicken Ever from The Clothes Make the Girl.  We didn't eat until super late but it was TOTALLY worth it!!!  I also intended to make her Comfort Noodles recipe and got halfway through before realizing I needed eggs, all of which I'd used on breakfast casseroles.  Sooooo I made zoodles with carmelized onions, garlic, s&p and the almond flour crumble from the recipe.  It turned out to be pretty tasty!  Perfect water to drink.

Snacks - Pecans and dates, my go to sweet tooth snack!  Also, coffee.

I hit my 10k steps on my Fitbit today.  We went out and played in the snow for about 15 minutes (my daughter was having none of it), and I did a lot of running around throughout the day.  Tomorrow should be more relatively normal and I plan to get a workout or two in.

Level 0 Human Adventurer

2015-01-07:

Breakfast - Casserole and coffee.

Lunch - Leftover Best Chicken, and a delicious tuna salad I need to blog about or something.  I split this with my husband - 1 can of tuna, 3/4 avocado, salt, pepper, and lemon to taste, mush together to make tuna salad.  We put that on top of half a spiralized cucumber, 3 quartered cherry tomatoes, and about a cup of spinach each, then cut it up and tossed.  It was so tasty!  Perfect water and water.

Dinner - Spiced ground beef over sweet potatoes.  Water.

Snacks - You guessed it, pecans and dates.

Exercise - 10k steps

Level 0 Human Adventurer

How do you manage to get 10k steps back-to-back days? My daily count seems to be so erratic compared to yours! 

I'm a big fan of your go-to snack :)

• Like 1

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

Not gonna lie, I did 10k steps a day as one of my goals last challenge and it was hard. I did a lot of creative chore doing and most days I would go for a mile or two walk just to get steps in. 10k steps for me is about 5.5 or 6 miles. On days I work in the office or stay at home I would sometimes need 3 miles walked or run to get my steps in. If I did a lot of chores sometimes I only would need a mile walk.

Level 6 Wood Elf Adventurer, Dragon Trainer

Cha 6 | Con 14 | Dex 10 | Sta 17 | Str 11 | Wis 11

Current Challenge | Battle Log

Goal 1: Eat right 6 times/week

0%
0%

Goal 2: Workout 4 times/week

0%
0%

Goal 3: Sleep an average of 7 hours/night

0%
0%

Life Quest: write music

0%
0%

How do you manage to get 10k steps back-to-back days? My daily count seems to be so erratic compared to yours! 

I'm a big fan of your go-to snack :)

Isn't it delicious?!  If you take a bite of a date and pop a pecan in with it, it's almost like a bite of pecan pie.  Mmmmmmm.

I do a lot of toddler chasing which helps increase my steps, and the past couple of days I've done a lot of chores and errands :)  Today I'm only around 8k (I haven't checked the app yet but I have 4/5 dots).

Ellen, it is definitely hard!  Especially with a desk job, I try to make it a point to take the long route to the coffee, water, bathroom, etc but with the bitter coldness I haven't wanted to go out and walk at lunch like I was doing in the fall.  Creative routes and task doing are my secrets.

Level 0 Human Adventurer

2015-01-08:

Breakfast - Casserole

Lunch - I forgot to bring anything, but I work near a grocery store so I walked over and picked up baby kale, carrots, blueberries, Applegate uncured pepperoni, lemon juice (for the kale) and kombucha.  I really wanted some fat to go on that salad but I didn't want to buy a bottle of olive oil and was out of coconut oil at work.  Mental note to bring more tomorrow.

Dinner - Chipotle, Paleo style.  Barbacoa with fajita veggies, salsa (not the corn), guacamole and lettuce, water

Snacks - Pecans and dates.  Surprised?  :)  I think I'll take a break from them tomorrow, they're so much of a treat that I feel guilty!  Coffee too, I missed it at breakfast.

Exercise - I walked at a brisk pace at lunch, to/around/from the store, probably totaling 10 minutes.  We did a family WOD when I got home, which was super fun!  My husband and I took turns doing body weight plus 25 lb daughter movements alternating with weights.  I did 5 rounds of 10 each squats (most with my daughter on my shoulders), strict press @ 20 lbs, lunges (about half with my daughter on my shoulders), upright row @ 20 lbs, situps (a few with my daughter on my chest, she wasn't a fan of that one), and side swings or crunches (the crunches with my daughter climbing on my and me trying to move/hold her with my body which was quite challenging and fun).  Took a small break then did 20 pushups (with my daughter on my back/head, lol), football throws @ 8 lbs, and 10 each side long lever crunches and diagonal getups.  All of that took about 21 minutes.

Given how little time I've been able to make/find this week, I think I'm going to revise my workout goal to 30 mins x 3 days a week, with 20 minutes being strength training.  Things are looking like they'll be picking up with my job meaning more hours, and I had a feeling that this particular goal wasn't SMART, but I was being hopeful :)

• Like 1
Level 0 Human Adventurer

Lots of catching up to do!

2015-01-09:

Breakfast - Casserole

Lunch - Leftover spiced beef over baby kale, with blueberries and coffee

Dinner - Slow cooker kalua pig (so good) in lettuce wraps with avocado and tomatoes

Snacks - Applegate uncured pepperoni

Exercise - at this point I don't remember exactly what other movements or the reps I did, but I know I utilized squats, pushups, crunches, tricep dips, high knees and lunges.

2015-01-10:

Breakfast - Omelets with bacon, onion, and spinach, with a side of roasted asparagus, and coffee

Lunch - Kalua pig salad with mixed greens, sun dried tomatoes and balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper

Dinner - Funny thing, we went to a friend's birthday party and forgot that nothing to eat there was likely to be Paleo.  I did alright though, there was buffalo chicken cheese dip that I had a little of with celery, and there was lasagna that I tried to just pick the meat and tomatoes from.  I'm sure I got some cheese in there, though, and had a few bites of pizza.  We drank wine too, which is included in the chart I linked in my original challenge post.

Exercise - 30 minute workout, 5 minute warmup + stretch then pyramids (1-5 and down of slow pushups and 40 lb lying press, 2-10 and back down with intervals of 2 of squats and side shuffling lunges, 1-5 and back down of diagonal getups and side crunches).  Quick break then did an additional movement for each target area (10 decline pushups, 5 x 10 sec wall sit, 10 double crunches).  Quick cardio burst then stretched out again.

While I was sewing during the day I danced around, and was working for a good 2 hours.  I also went up and down the stairs a number of times just because.  It wasn't all one concentrated activity like Zumba or hiking, but I did have a lot of fun, so I would consider it my 45 minutes of fun movement for the week.

2015-01-11:

Breakfast - bacon, eggs, asparagus

Lunch - Didn't eat it, took a nap and slept right through

Dinner - Drunken noodles with beef

Level 0 Human Adventurer

2015-01-12:

Breakfast - bacon and eggs, coffee

Lunch - Mixed greens salad with boiled egg, tuna, salt & pepper, balsamic vinegar & olive oil

Dinner - Oven roasted chicken seasoned with s&p, mustard, cumin, dill, onion powder, and garlic, plus sauteed carrots and onions, and salad

Snacks - Enjoy Life chocolate chunks

Exercise - errands/groceries with my daughter for some extra steps

2015-01-13:

Breakfast - sausage and eggs, coffee

Lunch - Custom Fit Meal of baked pesto chicken with sweet potato and kale salad and roasted cauliflower

Dinner - Cracklin' chicken, bacon roasted brussels sprouts, mashed caulitatoes 

Exercise - While I was cooking I was doing warmups (kettlebell swings with the cauliflower head and bag of sprouts, high knees), then during bigger breaks did pyramids (1-5 and down pushups and tricep dips, 1-10 and down of squats and high step ups, 1-5 and down of long levers and side crunches).  I had a big break after the set of 10 squats and step ups to put an extremely cranky toddler down to bed, and tried to do the descending reps as quickly as possible.  Also did an extra plank for as long as I could keep good form, turns out I can do 31 good seconds!

Sewing - I officially completed my first custom order for my shop.  SO EXCITING!

Level 0 Human Adventurer

Lor, I'm amazed at the consistency in your log. Keep up the good work! Also, it's awesome that you're incorporating so many everyday/fun things in your "exercise". Makes me want to dance around my office!

Sewing - I officially completed my first custom order for my shop.  SO EXCITING!

Tangled.gif

• Like 1

Lor, I'm amazed at the consistency in your log. Keep up the good work! Also, it's awesome that you're incorporating so many everyday/fun things in your "exercise". Makes me want to dance around my office!

Tangled.gif

Haha I love this GIF :D  Thank you!!!  I love exercising and the feeling it gives me but it's so hard to make dedicated time that sometimes I just have to do it in the now!

• Like 1
Level 0 Human Adventurer

2015-01-14:

Breakfast - Sausage and eggs, coffee

Lunch - Buffalo chicken patty Custom Fit Meal

Dinner - My variation of shepherd's pie, which consisted of ground beef, onions, carrots, celery and mushrooms cooked together and topped with cauli mash

Snacks - Pecans and dates

Exercise - Extra stairs at work, cleaning, and some housework while wearing a flak jacket which I'm pretty sure weighs 40+ lbs.  Also worked on this week's mini and made progress on cleaning out our basement!

Sewing - Another completed custom order! 

2015-01-15:

Breakfast - sausage and eggs

Lunch - Leftover cracklin' chicken, brussels sprouts and sauteed carrots.  Side note, I had a minor personal victory.  My company bought pizza for our entire building and it smelled amaaaaaaazing but I did not touch it.  Co-workers said it wasn't that great, so that helped :)

Dinner - 4 S's (steak, salad, sweet potato, 'sparagus).  We had ribeye.  I cooked it to perfection.  Nice brown crust on the outside, warm and red in the middle with lots of juicy goodness.  Is your mouth watering yet?

No exercise or sewing.

Level 0 Human Adventurer

2015-01-16:

Breakfast - Porky eggs, sausage, coffee

Lunch - Bison and beef diavolo Custom Fit Meal

Dinner - Went out for dinner for a late holiday party and still managed to keep it clean!  I had seared sea scallops that came with butternut squash puree and brussels sprouts.  It was phenomenal.  We also drank beer.

Exercise - Extra walking, few bodyweight exercises throughout the day, no actual workout to speak of.

2015-01-17:

Breakfast - Eggs, bacon, asparagus

Lunch - Leftover cracklin' chicken and shepherd's pie

Dinner - pork fried cauli rice

Exercise - Cleaning for a good 2-3 hours (which I actually find enjoyable and am counting as my 45+ min activity for the week) involving picking up moderately heavy things and moving them, as well as 12 mins of rowing and a good 20 mins of repeatedly squatting while picking up the yard.  I also had my daughter in the swing and was doing a sort of swing lunge thing, when she swung back I'd lean towards her and when she swung forward I'd lunge back and duck.  She thought it was hilarious :)

Funny thing, I didn't put my Fitbit on until the afternoon and still had 9k steps.  I probably would have had like 12k if I'd worn it all day

2015-01-18:

Breakfast - porky eggs

Lunch - Salad with chicken strips, carrot sticks

Dinner - Pizza

Exercise - Mad dash through Ikea!  Then we put everything together, and I moved all my things down to my new work station... All that fabric is heavy!!!  That was probably 20 mins, and I did some extra pushups and tricep dips

Sewing - I cut out everything for a two part order and completed one part :)

Level 0 Human Adventurer

2015-01-19:

Breakfast - porky eggs

Lunch - leftover pork fried cauli rice and salads

Dinner - Lemon pepper garlic pork chops, sweet potatoes, roasted asparagus

Exercise - Rowed for 6 mins, stretched, did a 1-10 and back down pyramid of pushups and tricep dips, 25 crossfit situps with a 10 lb med ball held overhead.  That took about 35-40 minutes, and some of my pushups were weighted thanks to my daughter :)

Sewing - I made a headband to go with an outfit!

Level 0 Human Adventurer

2015-01-20:

Breakfast - Eggs and bacon

Lunch - Pork stir fry Custom Fit Meal

Dinner - Spicy tuna cakes and bacon butternut squash soup.  Yuuuuuum.

Sewing - finished a fleece lined hoodie, which completed the set I've been working on :)  It's soooooo cozy

Level 0 Human Adventurer

I want to eat with you sometime! Butternut squash soup + bacon. Brilliant! 

• Like 2

Having eaten with her a few hundred times, I definitely recommend it :-)

• Like 2

Level 4 Lycan Warrior

Challenges: 4-Warrior, 3-Assassin, 2-Adventurer, 1-Recruit

Battlelog

Go ahead and laugh all you want to, I got my philosophy and I trust it like the ground. That's why my philosophy keeps me walking when I'm falling down -Ben Fold's Five "Philosophy"

Hehe thanks :) I wish it was my idea, though I do tend to think "Hmm, would this be better with bacon?  Yes."  The recipe came from Civilized Caveman Cooking, one of my favorite Paleo food bloggers/recipe creators!

• Like 1
Level 0 Human Adventurer

2015-01-21:

Breakfast - Porky eggs (we're almost out of kalua pig finally!)

Lunch - Bison beef and pork chili Custom Fit Meal

Dinner - perfect Paleo burgers (recipe courtesy of The Paleo Kitchen, George Bryant and Juli Bauer) and salad.  These burgers are amazeballs.

Snacks - dates and pecans, and a few bits of Enjoy Life chocolate

Sewing - fixed up the headband I made so it was better :)

Water (Week 3 mini) - I made sure I had 3 extra glasses of water throughout the day.  I forgot my Nalgene so I had to refill a standard water bottle, which equated to more trips to the kitchen and more steps!  XD

2015-01-22:

Breakfast - eggs and sausage

Lunch - leftover bacon butternut squash soup and spicy tuna cakes

Dinner - Chicken tacos (lettuce wraps) and roasted cauliflower and broccoli.  I must say I'm impressed with myself on the chicken, I tossed together spices as I was dashing out the door, and the chicken ended up being perfect and flavorful!

Snacks - Pecans and dates post workout

Water - probably closer to 4 extra glasses, I had a lot of water after my workout

Exercise - finally made it back to the box and it felt great.  I was there for an hour, practicing movements for the WOD for a good 20-30 and the WOD itself took me 18:22.

13 squat clean & jerks @ 35#

18 burpees

10 squat clean & jerks @ 35#

18 burpees

7 squat clean & jerks @ 35#

18 burpees

RX was 125... having not been to the box in months, my trainers scaled me back to my early crossfit/prego weight levels.  I don't think I've ever done a C&J with more than 95# anyways!  Our instructions were to focus on form and go slow through the lifts, and push intensity through the burpees.  I am proud of not modding my burpees at all!

Level 0 Human Adventurer

2015-01-23:

Breakfast - bacon, eggs with spinach

Lunch - Leftover perfect burger, peas

Dinner - Leftover chicken taco wrap with avocado

Snacks - Pecans & dates

Water - 2 extra glasses, one before both lunch and dinner

Sewing - threw together a tee for the shop

2015-01-24:

Breakfast - Bacon and eggs

Lunch - Beef diavolo Custom Fit Meal

Dinner - Chicken caesar salad

Snacks - Enjoy Life chocolate chunks

Water - 3 extra glasses, 2 after Zumba and one before dinner

Exercise - 45 minutes of Zumba!  Our Kinect was acting up so I had some random unscheduled pauses when it would cut out, but definitely had a good workout :)

Sewing - Two pairs of squishaloones!

2015-01-25:

Breakfast - eggs 

Lunch - Breakfast kinda ran into lunch... I ended up eating what my daughter wouldn't of her peas, chicken and applesauce from lunch not too long after the eggs

Dinner - Thai green curry 

Water - definitely and additional 2 glasses, I drank a lot of water throughout the day

Exercise - Had a good core workout in the morning.  6 minutes of rowing to warm up, 30 seconds of mountain climbers, 3 sets of 10 each side diagonal getups and side crunches with 20 second planks after each set.  Followed that up with some sun salutations and warrior stances, overhead squat form practice using a mop handle (don't have a bar at home anymore), and decline pushups.

Level 0 Human Adventurer