CrackerWatson: The Journey: The adventure of a life not lived

Yeah...I do need to be more positive on things...I like to think I'm pragmatic :D

I don't see it as being beaten, just needing to change my approach (i.e longer break between sets)

But I will always win :)

Level 6 - Human - (North of the wall) Wyldling/Celt - Ranger/Assassin.

Epic quest I Battle Log I Accountabilibuddies 3 5 I Challenge: 1 2 3 4 5

(STR) - 4 (DEX) - 1 (STA) - 3 (CON) - 6 (WIS) - 4 (CHA) - 2

"Spartans! Prepare for glory!" - King Leonidas

Pinterest I instagram I Goodreads 

Days 30 and 31 of challenge 1

nothing major to report.

Back in the gym today for my SL session:

Squat 5x5 @45kg

Bench 5x5 @32.5kg

Row 5x5 @42.5kg

Felt really good during todays session, I didn't particularly feel to taxed by anything today...Win! :)

Home to some nice fish with stir fry veg, happy days! :)

Hey Grokspar

Thanks for the visit, been in that place before (coach thought anything like that was a sign of weakness, I now know he was an idiot!) but hey you live and learn :)

Its when you don't learn you need to kick yourself :)

Days 32 & 33 of Challenge 1

normal days doing what I now do and feeling really good! im looking forward for all this to get even better :)

Day 33 is also Stronglifts day!!

Squat 5x5 @47.5kg

Press 5x5 @32.5kg

DL 5x5 @65kg

Today felt awesome!

I was really pushing everything today and I felt totally different...I don't know if it was SpecialSundae's pep talk, but I really pushed the press, slight wobbling, the odd grunt, but I completed every rep of every set and I cant wait to the next lot to push myself again.

Even the squat was a good fight first two sets were not the easiest third was great and then the second ended up being a push again...still felt great.

Deadlift, its more my grip that I was noticing more than anything else.

Today is a good day! :)

Days 34, 35 and 36 of challenge 1

Strong lifts today:

Squat 5x5 @50kg

Bench 5x5 @35kg

Row 5x5 @45kg

Felt good after...squats didn't feel so good at the time...I for the first time experienced a slightly painful pulling across my knee (like something was being stretched near or at its limits, I will seek assistance form the warriors on this...however I caught myself topless in the mirror (not a great view for anybody else!!!) but I am now seeing the physical differences in my shape my shoulders are starting to get a good shape and my arms are starting to show definition...this pleased me greatly :)

So this will be my only workout of the week due to a trip that I am taking so will drop a little bit of a percentage here...but I am still very pleased with my efforts! I have loved the first six week challenge and I have seen benefit form it...I cant wait for the next challenge and I will still be recording here between challenges!

Still on the fruit veg drive and mygirlfriend is joining in and enjoying it too :) and still no fizz...this is a big thing for me :)

Days 37 to 42 of challenge 1

So no workouts during this time due to being away.

Kept up the fruit and veg...but alas I broke on the soft drink, I had one whilst away and over the weekend I experienced a two day hangover where I drank more juice each day (water was good but it just wasn't fulfilling the feeling :( )

I didn't get my book finished either.

So yeah I didn't finish on the high that I hoped for.

But I have set a new standard for myself I have maintained a structure of gym work that I now look forward to each day and miss when I don't get to it.

I have also realised that I need to push myself more. Challenge one was definitely the find my feet and I now know I am capable of so much more than my achievements so far.

Onwards and upwards.

Totally agree, as I said on another post, I feel like I'm striving towards a horizon as I want to see what's out that way...I haven't really felt I'm going to the horizon as that's where the rescue team is :)

Day 1 of Challenge 2

So I ended up having a bit of downtime at the end of challenge one I had time of work and during the off week I rested my knee that started to act a bit funny. The downside of this is when I went to do my SL today I was asked if I wanted to deload...I said yes...im not here to be a hero, im here to improve so don't want to make things harder than they truly need to be so todays numbers were:

Squat 5x5@ 45kg

Press 5X5@ 30kg

DL 5X5@ 65.5kg

when I relooked at the numbers it was hardly a change I wondered if there was a need to deload...but hey ho I did and it was pain free, so ill take that. 

So far today has been paleo friendly

Bacon and scrambled Egg for breakfast and a homemade salad for lunch, not sure what to have for dinner tonight as on my own, but will probably cook some chicken and have it with veg for ease :)

Still need to do my KB swings and put in my hour of writing, but that is all for at home.

If I achieve all of that, it will be a day 1 of win! :)

Day 2 and 3 (and a bit of 4) of Challenge 2

current

missed opportunities

1 stronglift

2 cardio

4 paleo meals

Whats went wrong between day 1 and now...well...

Later after Mondays Stronglifts I started to feel pain in my right buttock...I mean proper pain, sitting is sore, walking is sore...its just sore...I have been taking painkiller to get through work sore :(

Meals missed, partly due to work and bad prep...so mostly bad prep...they have mostly been very good, but as soon as I was out and about in other places and options were short there was generally an increase in elements that maintained a good level of paleo...its all about learning, I knew jumping to this wasn't going to be easy that why its called a challenge :) 

Day erm....something of challenge 2

going to link you to my update in my 2nd challenge thread it says it all.

So the first week of Challenge 3 came...I tried to get started but I had the original dates down (starting a week later) and had planned a lot of stuff that week, how shocked I was when I logged in to see it had moved...no worries i'll get going form here :)

went back to Stronglifts yesterday...after discussing with my lifting gurus (SpecialSundae) advice, post back issue, I started afresh...good thing is it felt really easy in comparison to my first time round, so it must have worked in the past :)

big month ahead and hoping for good things...just hope that my 1lb loss recorded for last week was accurate just form changing my eating, hopefully more (and more) of the same this week.

In the background I have started the Spartan Race 30days of burpees ( 30 for 30) what the hell was I thinking!!! it is a big learning curve...have lost so much flexibility and ability in breathing...it takes so long as keep having to do mini sets (10x3) hope fully this will get easier or I may just cry.

• Like 1

It's all about the diet thing man, these Paleo kids are on to something..I'm probably 99% Paleo at this point..and I feel amazing.  Cut my multivitamin out of my diet completely and focus on real food instead.

If you don't already, you should get into tracking on MFP..it's been a total game changer for me..if you do add me there, same name.  I think SS is on there too, altho I have yet to friend request her or any others..only got one nerd keeping me accountable there.

Other than that, awesome progress so far..I really want to start doing a Spartan challenge..just got too much on my plate right now with personal challenges (going for my first run today..distance is roughly 2.9 km).

• Like 1

I may still move to Paleo at some point, but I think I need to make a simpler healthier menu and then keep cutting back on things until I can reach the paleo stage.

IM doing the 5/2 and really enjoying that, I have a number of the books for recipes and some of the stuff I have made have been amazing and Paleo, so there is a bit of a crossover,

Been out of my house and on leave for a bit, away form internet and my own store cupboard, boy did things suffer...once again I need to start at the beginning...at least I keep coming back to try and learn something new each time :D

So today it all starts again, link to challenge 4 can be found here (will add in when get home as it doesn't seem to work, but you can find it in my signature till later today :) )

Also rediscovered this and felt I need to keep it closer:

I am a Nerd Fitness Rebel, and today is the first day of the rest of my life, I shall make no excuses and hold no grudges.

I care not where I came from, only where I am going.

I don't compare myself to others, only to myself from yesterday.

I shall not brag about successes nor complain about my struggles, but share my experiences and help my fellow Rebels. I know I impact those around me with my actions, and so I must move forward, every day.

I acknowledge fear, doubt and despair, but I do not let them defeat me, I pledge my life and honour for the rebellion, for this day and all the days to come.

So here we go! from today, I will be more involved physically, mentally and socially...so if you get a random follower it will probably be me and I make no apologies, you are clearly of interest to my journey...I will also be re-engaging with folks already chatted to and catching up...I have fallen behind but I see you all just up ahead, so ill see you soon! :)

• Like 1

Challenge 4 round up here (to be added when at home)!

moves ahead time to change training style as iron is hurting me, will just need to keep moving my own body in an attempt to decrease its size and increase its capabilities.

Volunteered at the Edinburgh Spartan Sprint and Super last weekend, my word, I learned just how unfit I was...it was even more than I expected and made me think that perhaps my current training method wasn't the right one for what I wished to achieve, hills kill me and weirdly it goes for my back first...need to be more mobile!!!

so for anybody following me i am taking a bow on this challange and will be joining in on the next, will be starting to record things here again until it starts!

so taken a few months out...needing a reset and will be starting back on the first challenge in 2016 (Jan 4th I believe!)