Glass: That challenge where he just starts

Glass

Are you forgetting to update, or not meeting your goals on those days?

Hehe thanks for the reminder :tongue: I wait to update until the end of the day usually so sometimes that comes after midnight. Here's todays!

Update 12/10: Week 5, Day 3.

- Long day at work, got home at 10:45, just did dishes and cleaned apartment a little. Pushups in the morning.

- Penzu post

- A little bit of reading before bed. More time tomorrow.

Level 68. Adventure Knight. 

str 131.3 dex 122.3 sta 132.7 con 133.2 wis 150.5 cha 139.1 

"You have in you the seeds of greatness and the seeds of destruction. The seeds you nurture will prevail. Choose wisely."

"Spring comes, the grass grows by itself" ~Zen proverb

tumblr_lx186u6mpW1qf2hzuo1_500.png

Update 12/12- Week 5, Day 5.

-Wrapped up all the lessons in Module 2. However, still can take a look at shopping list and modify for your own use. Also, take a look at the recipes in that section. Ready to start module 3 tomorrow!

-Penzu post

-First time eating avocado. Tastes nutty, a pinch of salt makes it taste better. Don't know if I can eat it everyday but its really good for you. Also made bacon (low heat) and baked asparagus with olive oil and salt/pepper. That vegetable is sort of delicious.

-Pullups

"You have in you the seeds of greatness and the seeds of destruction. The seeds you nurture will prevail. Choose wisely."

tumblr_mm251efcvq1snpd65o1_500.jpg

Update 12/13- Week 5, Day 6.

- A lot of work on diet. Meats (chicken, beef, pork, eggs, turkey), veggies(20+), fruits (15+), fats (almonds/nuts, olive oil), and liquids (water, unsweetened tea, black coffee). Most money I've ever spent at a grocery store in one trip lol.

-Cooked eggs

- Nerdfitness Academy Fitness module. Ready for warm up, work out, and cool down tomorrow.

- Detailed Penzu post

- Quick Guitar Sesh

- pushups. Decided to nix situps from my exercise once I read how bad they were for the back. I felt it too so no argument there.

Week 5: Preparations for Family day

You've slogged so hard and we're reaching the end of our campus tour, so it's drawing time for family day. We've been working so hard that some of us might even have neglected a family member or two, while orientating ourselves around Nerd Fitness Campus.  As the festive season is approaching, it's time to impress our friends and family with our new found skills and host them for an outing. 

Your task this week is to tidy up in anticipation of visiting family/friends or impending festivities. Pick one area (whether in your home, your office or your life) and get rid of the clutter.  Not only will you have more space to entertain, you'll have some more headspace to work with (you'll feel free).

Decluttering this week will earn you +1 WIS.

Cleaned the apartment with alcohol and paper towels, vacuumed, organized and then cleaned the sinks. Place looks good!

tumblr_n6560amtKM1r3ssjeo1_500.png

Update 12/14- Week 5, Day 7.

-Almost at the end of the challenge! Really only the end of the third week for me but its cool. I'll probably be doing stuff anyway during the two week break. 

-Made a mean meal of orange pepper omelette and bacon. Could have cooked the bacon a little longer but it was still good. I ate that so fast. Also learned the secret to eating a kiwi without getting the skin scraper; Cut off ends with paring knife, then use a spoon and separate flesh from skin, and it comes right out. So easy! Then can chop into slices. 

-Mindfulness: Walked along the beach at sunset, 0.70 miles. Great for the head and to be in the moment

-Did the first Nerdfitness Academy Recruit Workout, and came up with a warm up and cooldown. 

-Academy Fitness lessons and planning

-Guitar

-Penzu

Avocado is fantastic with chicken salad, although it would not be paleo.

Lol how did you know I was trying to be paleo? I'm getting doubts of my diet choice because its a lot of work cooking and I get hungry sometimes. Plus I may need to eat a lot more if I'm trying to gain weight, so...

Update: 12/15- Week 6, Day 1.

-Long day at work, read 1Q84 on my kindle for hours.. great book

-Short Penzu post

-Sleep!

Wow you are seriously on fire. Good job! Your dedication is inspiring to me. Only one more week!

Ooh, I think I need to read 1Q84 again. I was listening to the audiobook but the narrators voice was starting to creep me out so I stopped, haha. Same with Gone Girl, creepy narrator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Level 3 Hobbit Adventurer

Current Challenge

Walking to Rivendell

Miles Walked: 105.61 | Location: East on the Road, The Forsaken Inn

Wow you are seriously on fire. Good job! Your dedication is inspiring to me. Only one more week!

Ooh, I think I need to read 1Q84 again. I was listening to the audiobook but the narrators voice was starting to creep me out so I stopped, haha. Same with Gone Girl, creepy narrator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This makes me more motivated thanks for dropping by :) 

I'm addicted I stayed up til 5 am reading it on my kindle lol... If i listened to it on audiobook I'm sure I'd fall asleep haha

tumblr_ngkxiu4E7B1tuzuumo1_500.jpg

Update 12/16- Week 6, Day 2. 

- Penzu

- Cooked Eggs with broccoli, made avocado with tuna/salmon. Then cooked chicken and asparagus, leftovers for tomorrow. Try to cook only once every 2 days so you can save time.

- Moved to Lift app. Start getting into a routine for your daily habits and get those done, as well as your daily work here on NF to work towards your dreams everyday.

Went out last night. Too tired to update when I came back, so here's a quick 2 for 1 special:

Update 12/17- Week 6, Day 3.

-Penzu

-Diet, Nerdfitness academy.

-Cooked bacon, next time cook use low heat.

Update 12/18- Week 6, Day 4.

-Long Penzu entry

-Cooked chicken on broil setting in oven. That's when the heating element comes from the top of the oven, and is used to sear meats. It came out cooked but dry, next time broil at a higher temperature so the chicken gets browned. Also use broiling pan so the juices go down into the tray. Cooked sauteed spinach for first time. It's super easy, but I'll try it with garlic first next time I saute vegetables. Also made bacon and egg cups. Cook for longer so the egg isn't as runny next time.

-About halfway done with making a meal guide for my diet. Nerdfitness academy nutrition.

-Wrist and arm hurt so no guitar practice today.

tumblr_n9j2cx5AbM1qj9xtxo1_500.jpg

Update 12/19- Week 6, Day 5.

-Finished reading 1Q84! Such a great book. Reinforced my love of reading.

-Penzu post

-Guitar! Slides and switching frets practice

tumblr_nfpjad8M1m1txp8nwo1_500.gif

Update 12/20- Week 6. Day 6.

-12 hour shift, then went out to eat at Brazilian BBQ and chilled at a friends house. Too tired after I came back and just slept.

Update 12/21- Week 7. Day 7.

-12 hour shift again.

-Penzu

End of Challenge! 

LEVEL UP

tumblr_n04g8gZDWp1qbcr66o1_500.jpg

Since I started late I'll be doing this based off the last 2 weeks. 

Point allocation:

Quest 1: +1 str, +1 sta

Quest 2: +1 con

Quest 3: +1 wis

Sidequest:  +1 cha

Percent and stats awarded:

Quest 1: 100%= +1 str, +1 sta

Quest 2: 100%= +1 con

Quest 3: 100%= +1 wis

Sidequest: 67%= +0.7 cha

Bonus challenge stats:

+2 cha

+2 wis

Stats:

STR 2 | STA 2.8 | DEX 1 | CON 3.6 | WIS 4.8 | CHA 3.2

• Like 1

Just cause my challenge is over doesn't mean I'm done updating! Lv. 2 Night elf adventurer checking in! :)

Update 12/13- Off-challenge Day 1:

-Met with an old friend for a couple hours over the Broncos game.

-Did Bodyweight brigade circuit Lv. 1. Pretty easy so moving on to lv. 2 for next time after a rest day. Learned get-ups, squat thrusts (easier version of burpees)

-Cleaned around the house, unf*** your habitat!

-Penzu post

• Like 1

Update 12/13- Off-challenge Day 2:

-Board game night with high school friends.

-Penzu

tumblr_ml0ejdYFPn1r6w3qso1_500.png

Some goals/projects for this off-challenge 2 week period:

1) Come to a decision about swimming or martial arts, a venue, and signing up for next challenge

2) Decide what you want guitar lessons for, find a good place and sign up for 6 weeks

3) Buy rewards for completing challenge no. 1

4) Research a better skin regimen, look at examples

5) UNCLUTTER. ORGANIZE. Folders, papers, phone/computer websites and bookmarks

6) Read Esquire mags, explore mens websites to find a daily feed. Lifehacker

7) More work on diet, eating more

8) Bodyweight brigade challenges

9) Inbox Zero

10) Daily Habits

Update- OC Day 3:

-Long day at work

-Penzu challenge!

Update: OC Day 5:

- Work 12-10

-Penzu post

-Started new daily habit of 15 minutes of cleaning a day

-Set priorities for tomorrow

tumblr_mwmauwBkHK1r95frro1_500.gif

Mini Projects to finish up this week before the next challenge:

1) Come to a decision about swimming or martial arts, a venue, and signing up for next challenge

2) Decide what you want guitar lessons for, find a good place and sign up for 6 weeks

3) Research a better skin regimen, look at examples

4) Read Esquire mags, explore mens websites to find a daily feed. Lifehacker

5) More work on diet, eating more