• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

davidahaines

Quick, What's your favorite workout and why?

Pull-ups! I've been at the PLP program for a while now, and just the feeling of lifting myself off the ground is amazing :D

And I feel One Handed Push-ups come in a close second for me :)

• Like 2

Pull-ups! I've been at the PLP program for a while now, and just the feeling of lifting myself off the ground is amazing :D

And I feel One Handed Push-ups come in a close second for me :)

That's awesome Will! What a great description!

• Like 1

Saturdays in the big lifters gym. Don't hugely care what I'm doing (even if it is volume deadlifts) but the atmosphere is awesome.

Plus it often leads to a pig-out in the pub.

I hear you on the atmosphere SpecialSundae. Nothing like it! Did you end up pigging out in the pub afterward?

• Like 1

OHP's! To me, nothing says raw strength like lifting a weight over your head, just dominating it. I'd be remiss if I didn't mention my love for heavy bag work, though.

• Like 4

OHP's! To me, nothing says raw strength like lifting a weight over your head, just dominating it. I'd be remiss if I didn't mention my love for heavy bag work, though.

I just got into heavy bag work and I love it also. It's been kicking my butt though.

Physioball rollouts! It's a modified plank where you put your elbows on a yoga ball and roll in, out, clockwise, etc. So unassuming, but it'll have you whimpering in no time. Everyone looks at me like I'm a lumberjack drinking a fuzzy naval (not that there's anything wrong with that), but if I can pull off 30 seconds, I'm pumping my fists yelling, "I just owned you, yoga ball! YEAH!" In my head, at least : )

Physioball rollouts! It's a modified plank where you put your elbows on a yoga ball and roll in, out, clockwise, etc. So unassuming, but it'll have you whimpering in no time. Everyone looks at me like I'm a lumberjack drinking a fuzzy naval (not that there's anything wrong with that), but if I can pull off 30 seconds, I'm pumping my fists yelling, "I just owned you, yoga ball! YEAH!" In my head, at least : )

After your 30 seconds, rest by siting on the ball. Anyone asks, be like, "I'm tea-bagging this fucker to teach it a lesson"

On topic; pull ups. Even though I haven't done any in a while. Hopefully I'll be finished with my rack soon. Haven't benched, heavy squated, dips, or pull ups since I moved.

Might as well ask "who's your favourite child", impossible to answer!

That said, I am currently loving my Thursday morning workout of:

3 x 20 pullups

3 x 50 kettlebell swings

3 x 50 pushups

Although this may be less about the workout itself and more because it's my only session in the week where I don't have to load and unload a bar.

• Like 2