rust from the gears

so here we go.  i'm a bit behind, but this begins to transition into beast mode for the holidays.  crack the rust off the gears and crash the fortress!

i began my 1st challenge last week - and is as follows.  my battle log follows what follows.

overall goal: still run an adventure race in 15, be registered by end of challenge.

1. vanquish t-rexing at night: drink 64oz water during the day, eat better meals... combat the devouring monster that emerges at night.  - plan and attack. stop eating garbage after 8pm.

A: 42 days - B: 30 days - C: 21 days - D: 11 days (divided into weeks)

2. rehab my wounds - focus, remember, meditate - yoga or some sort of stretching 15min, 5 days a week.

A - 100% B - 75% C - 50% D - 25% 

3. develop a plan and stick to it.  get sweaty 5 days a week, with a plan.

life quest

start saving money and make some friends

aiming for $500, and... yep.

i began november 10.  if you're feeling extra stalky, you may notice that i did not exist on the forum at that time.  you are correct, citizen! however it happens to be quite serendipitous that i decided it was time for me to get my shit together at that time.  hooray!

due to the time lapse, and the fact i've slept since then, i shant be detailing the exactness of the first week of my challenge.  i can say that i nailed 5 days of workouts, and raged over some t-rexing despite my brain's best efforts.  week 2 would need to see more diligence on the water drinking, as chugging the remainder of the gallon jug as i left the office led to undesirable sloshiness.  i can confidently say week 1 - winner.

week 2 - monday began as a monday, so it sucked.  but despite the slouchies, the freezing weather steered me toward the gym after work.  upper body blasted.  tuesday, mild sloshiness upon departure, squats, deadlift and eliptical.  wed - joined meetup (babysteps) and body weight workout despite a stupid amount of soreness.  thurs - back to the upper, free weights only if you please.  friday, impressed i can move, clean the house you slob.  saturday - 3 mi hike, surprise! it's a 45degree angle! i almost died. worth it.  sunday - body weight work out and rehab stretching!
   as far as the others go - stretching after the gym, yoga once at 4am because i'm insane, and one other day of rehab stretching. no food after 8pm.

so there you have it, the simplest rundown of the 1st 2 weeks.  week 3, thanksgiving with the fam is on the horizon.  bring it!
  • Like 1

Level 9 Snarky Rogue

STR:20 | DEX:13 | STA:13.5 | CON:13 | WIS:17 | CHA:16

battle log

there are far better things ahead than what we leave behind - CS Lewis

find out what you're afraid of, and go live there - Chuck Palahniuk 

so here we go.  i'm a bit behind, but this begins to transition into beast mode for the holidays.  crack the rust off the gears and crash the fortress!

i began my 1st challenge last week - and is as follows.  my battle log follows what follows.

overall goal: still run an adventure race in 15, be registered by end of challenge.

1. vanquish t-rexing at night: drink 64oz water during the day, eat better meals... combat the devouring monster that emerges at night.  - plan and attack. stop eating garbage after 8pm.

A: 42 days - B: 30 days - C: 21 days - D: 11 days (divided into weeks)

2. rehab my wounds - focus, remember, meditate - yoga or some sort of stretching 15min, 5 days a week.

3. develop a plan and stick to it.  get sweaty 5 days a week, with a plan.

life quest

start saving money and make some friends

aiming for $500, and... yep.

i began november 10.  if you're feeling extra stalky, you may notice that i did not exist on the forum at that time.  you are correct, citizen! however it happens to be quite serendipitous that i decided it was time for me to get my shit together at that time.  hooray!

due to the time lapse, and the fact i've slept since then, i shant be detailing the exactness of the first week of my challenge.  i can say that i nailed 5 days of workouts, and raged over some t-rexing despite my brain's best efforts.  week 2 would need to see more diligence on the water drinking, as chugging the remainder of the gallon jug as i left the office led to undesirable sloshiness.  i can confidently say week 1 - winner.

week 2 - monday began as a monday, so it sucked.  but despite the slouchies, the freezing weather steered me toward the gym after work.  upper body blasted.  tuesday, mild sloshiness upon departure, squats, deadlift and eliptical.  wed - joined meetup (babysteps) and body weight workout despite a stupid amount of soreness.  thurs - back to the upper, free weights only if you please.  friday, impressed i can move, clean the house you slob.  saturday - 3 mi hike, surprise! it's a 45degree angle! i almost died. worth it.  sunday - body weight work out and rehab stretching!
   as far as the others go - stretching after the gym, yoga once at 4am because i'm insane, and one other day of rehab stretching. no food after 8pm.

so there you have it, the simplest rundown of the 1st 2 weeks.  week 3, thanksgiving with the fam is on the horizon.  bring it!

i like your goals and planning. thanksgiving is going to be rough for me as i know i'll over eat and likely miss some training. good luck to you!

sub'd and here to support. 

• Like 1

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

thanksgiving: survived and conquered!

i managed to stick to my guns and keep it together.  had to shift my off days due to travel, but hey.  and you know what that means... halfway done! level up suckaz.

did the family thing, and still managed to get in a run or weight room 5 days.  the weather was great too, so that helps.  just finished working on paper work to restructure some stupid i mean student loans, so that will save me some cash too.   by the way, my knee hobbled me after my run, but i was able to crank out some good sweat time before it got to me.

progress!

• Like 1

Level 9 Snarky Rogue

battle log

and updated my sig and points.  yeah! level up

overall goal: run adventure race in 2015... started working my sister over to get her to join me.  it's working... she will join in time.  got one picked out for charlotte in june.

#1 - combat t-rexing:  oddly thanksgiving wasn't as much of a challenge as i thought.  so far, killing it.  

%100:  +1 CON, +1 WIS

#2 - rehab 15 min, 5 days a week: how this is difficult i don't know, but dammit it is.  regardless.

%100:  +1 DEX, +1 STR

#3 - get sweaty: got creative over the break, hiked, and hit the gym.  made it happen, even met gym buddies!        i'm addicted. :)

%100:  +2 STR,  +1 CHA. +1 STA

life quest - joined a hiking group, planning xmas parties  +1 CHA

got $200 down  +1 WIS

Level 9 Snarky Rogue

battle log

also, back updates!

Week 3: The Library

So your challenge for this week has 3 parts:

1. Pinpoint the quest in your journey that is giving you the most uphill (or one that you're struggling to achieve)

T-rexing is a monster... heh, get it?  Especially once i get home and have to fight the mindless eating.  boo.

2. Search through NF (forums or articles) to find one that is able to offer some assistance

I wasted spent many a work day reading through nerd articles and random articles on other sites for motivation.  some of them intentionally saved to read at night - mental combat ahoy!

3. Apply it to your challenge (no collecting underpants here).

mental combat - have at you, t-rex!  am i hungry?  really?  no! shut your face, you're bored!  am i eating properly during the day?  am i occupying myself with something productive or that at least isn't conducive to mindless eating?  have some tea, sucker.  drink more water!  also, have a beer.  i said one!  

• Like 1

Level 9 Snarky Rogue

battle log

so i set a new PR on bench today.  just on a whim i went for it and hit 155 8x.  it's not much, but considering i tore my pec (yes, it was the 2nd worst pain i've ever felt) 2 years ago and could do literally nothing ima celebrate.  still working up to bodyweight, but i'll get there.  squats and deadlift have a ways to go (again, injuries.  i earn my nickname people.  many due to youthful dumbassery, but some just stupid flukes that happen... but i digress), but i'll get there in time.  once i stop hurting all the damn time i'll set them as a challenge (next time?).  

i totally t-rexed this weekend, i blame football.  but i figure once is a minor setback, use it.  i mean despite what everyone thinks i'm not perfect (ha!)

training and bracing myself for the onslaught of xmas parties.  first one was last night and i had... fruit and veggies!  boom!

onward!

• Like 2

Level 9 Snarky Rogue

battle log

first one was last night and i had... fruit and veggies!  boom!

That is HUGE!  Impressive!  and RAD!  :) You got this holiday season!!

• Like 2

Goldfish Green

level: 1   Challenge 1, 2

STR:1 | DEX:2 | STA:2 | CON:3 | WIS:4 | CHA:4

Quest Tracking for this Challenge:

Lifting 3 times a week:           OOO|---|---|---|---|---

Currently Squatting: 5 lbs  (goal is 25 lbs this challenge)

Tracking Protein: ooooo--|-------|-------|-------|-------|-------

"o" means successful and "x" means unsuccessful that day)

Keep going strong crash, and I hear you when it comes to those parties.

it's like everyone is joyously working against you! haha  although they are impressed when you say, "no thanks, i'm good with my plate of radishes" (or you know, tea and fruit or whatever)

That is HUGE!  Impressive!  and RAD!   :) You got this holiday season!!

i was rocking on my savings until student loan crap kinda blew up on me... long pointless story about how middle class idiots like me get stuck in debt until the sun explodes.  HOWEVER, i have scrounged despite and at the end of this challenge if i do well, i shall reward myself with a new tattoo.  :onthego:

Level 9 Snarky Rogue

battle log

so once my loan restructuring goes through, right now if this works i'll save about $50K - which is effing huge.

i didn't mention last post, but i've added up-downs (+10lb weight) and burpees to my bodyweight workouts http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/17/advanced-body-weight-workout-warning-this-will-kick-your-ass/ <-this one.  i almost died, it was fantastic.

Xmas party number 3 coming up Sunday, i'll do some pregaming Saturday.  and by pregaming i mean sweating.  had party number 2 tuesday night, and i splurged on some dressing (worth it), but since it was my dinner and i was waiting tables i refuse to starve myself - i need food dammit!

approaching the end of week 5 strong.  targeting areas to declutter in the mini-dungeon:  area 1 - kitchen.  area 2 - den. area 3 - bedroom which will, as of tonight, be buried in clean laundry, thus forcing me (theoretically) to clean it!  scourged my bathrooms last weekend, so those are good.

• Like 1

Level 9 Snarky Rogue

battle log

week 5 mini dungeon cleared.  cleaned my den and kitchen.  did laundry.  i'll sleep under a pile of clean clothes tonight, but every other room in my house is clean so i'll take it.  

also, i built an 18"x24"x30" (i have high expectations) plyo box this weekend.  it's heavy as shit, but solid as a rock.  i'll post pics in my gallery when i get it painted, because... well i want it to look cool  :pirate:

party #3 tonight, i survived on veggies and booze... but ended up with a decent meal out of it.  boom.  one more to go!

Level 9 Snarky Rogue

battle log

You are still rockin the holiday season!  Nice work--an inspiration to us all!  Can't wait to see the plyo box!

• Like 2

Goldfish Green

i've contracted the plague.  i've had a fever for the last two days... but i cannot be sick.  my body has not gotten that message thus far, so medicine has been consumed.  i do strange things when i'm ill, mostly involving completely throwing good advice i've given others out the window.  i'm also allergic to the primary decongestant in most cold and allergy (go figure) medicinces, so i get crazy wired and loopy.  there are other odd things that happen, but i'll spare you the details.  

my energy levels have tanked, but the allergic reaction is compensating a bit for that.  i'm still on track and hitting my goals but not with enthusiasm.  aiming for more sleep to help out, but the broken water line and backhoe in my front yard don't lend themselves well to that.  neither does the stupid amount of planning writing that need done this week.  

i did find somewhere to swim, though

VFyoU81.gif

the end is in sight!  oh, and pics of the plyo box probably this weekend, because i know everyone is waiting anxiously.

• Like 1

Level 9 Snarky Rogue

battle log

oh, and pics of the plyo box probably this weekend, because i know everyone is waiting anxiously.

I totally am, but take care of yourself.  I know how it goes!!

Goldfish Green

so despite feeling like poo, i cranked out a bodyweight workout rather than drowning yesterday.  

pushups            3x30

bw squats         3x20

1 leg squats      3x10ea

get-ups(10lb)    3x10 (not up-downs as i previously stated)

burpees            3x10

dips                   3x15

chin ups            3x10

pull ups             3x10

18"box jumps   3x10

plank                 3x30sec (need to up this)

i'm sure this will shock you, but i did not feel amazing afterward. the water drinking is now habitual, bonus when your body is trying to make you sick.  

survived the last Christmas Party tonight.  cookies, cookies everywhere.  i had one, you know, to make sure they were safe.

Level 9 Snarky Rogue

battle log

Wow!  A great day for your goals especially given the fact that you are still battling something.  I hear you!!  It makes resisting the goodies that much harder when morale is low from the crummy state.  I think you should reward yourself with a nap ;)

• Like 1

Goldfish Green

survived the last Christmas Party tonight.  cookies, cookies everywhere.  i had one, you know, to make sure they were safe.

Is it normal that I started drooling thinking about cookies every where?!

P.s. I finally found your battlelog. So, prepare for the stalking, 'cause it's happening.

• Like 1

Gunslinger in Training

Battle Log

"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed"

Is it normal that I started drooling thinking about cookies every where?!

P.s. I finally found your battlelog. So, prepare for the stalking, 'cause it's happening.

normal? psh.  who cares about normal!?

and i'm a little surprised it took you this long.  welcome  :nevreness:

Level 9 Snarky Rogue

battle log

I SWUM! and somehow held a plank for 2min 3x. what?

finally joined the wellness center, and have access to a pool.  totally almost drowned, but swam i mile today.  it was glorious.  i'm not missycochran status by any means, but i'll take it!

still a bit puny, but definitely on the mend.

also i'm making some mulled wine. not relevant, but too bad you're reading my battle log! muahaha!

• Like 3

Level 9 Snarky Rogue

battle log

plyo box painted.  it ain't pretty, but it cost me about $15. so there.

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/gallery/album/1539-plyo-box/

Level 9 Snarky Rogue

battle log

holiday travel over.  workouts suffered, but not before i crushed the challenge.  

got some ideas for the next one.  headed to the assassins.

some reflections: i've noticed that i crave water now, or beverages, which i steer toward agua rather than booze.  i've pretty much eliminated t-rexing, still have some cravings at night but i kick my ass and drink water or tea.  

i've already moved up to the 24" side of my plyo box, finished a bodyweight work out tonight and hit 3x10 on the 24" side without breaking anything.  oh, and somehow i gained 10lbs but i can't figure out where. 

Level 9 Snarky Rogue

battle log

been working on my goals for the upcoming challenge, i don't want to spoil anything for you. i know you're all waiting anxiously, but soon.

more immediately exciting, i have a riddle for you.  what has two thumbs and hit a new benchpress PR?

:encouragement:  :encouragement:  this guy!  heaviest weight since i tore my pec a few years ago, i hit bodyweight today.  i realized i was working with 165 and thought, hey... why not?  BAM. 180. 

• Like 1

Level 9 Snarky Rogue

battle log