Urgan's Log

Dude 160 DL, that's fan freakin' tastic!!!!

Any OHP PR is a reason to celebrate IMO.

• Like 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Those PRs are badass, girl.  You are deadlifting 60lbs more than your bodyweight.  That is something to be super proud of, right there.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm................... burgers............................

Who's up for 165? Also bacon burgers are excellent fuel...also delicious. Don't tell anybody, okay? LOL.

Dude 160 DL, that's fan freakin' tastic!!!!

Any OHP PR is a reason to celebrate IMO.

I'll tell you, that 160 did not want to go anywhere, but it's all good so hopefully today doesn't derail my gain train. Another wonderful migraine kinda day that forced me to go home early. Bah. I feel okay enough now, but my appetite for lunch disappeared. Mike is bringing me filet and shrimp and such from my parents' house, so I can't think of a better way to rebound, if there is such a way.

• Like 2

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

Filet and shrimp are a pretty good way to end a migraine day. Ugh brains, why do you hurt so randomly?!

Filet and shrimp are a pretty good way to end a migraine day. Ugh brains, why do you hurt so randomly?!

I think it's the nervous system equivalent of a rage quit.

• Like 1

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Walk:      1.18 mi @ 23:48

OHP:       NA

BP:          1x5 @ 45

5x3 @ 67

Squat:     1x5 @ 45

1x5 @ 65

1x3 @ 100

5x3 @ 127--PR+1!!

Deadlift:  1x5 @ 100

1x3 @ 155

1x3 @ 160

Chins:     NA

The hit parade: Back

Squats were really hard, BP wasn't bad at all, and it was all I could do to pull 160, so...try try again.

It was http://sweetcsdesigns.com/low-carb-paleo-shrimp-scampi/#more-11223'>Shrimp Scampi with zoodles and all the butter. Will definitely cut back on it next time, as it was a bit rich. 

Walk:      1.34 mi @ 24:19, 1:04 mi @ 19:48

OHP:       NA

BP:          NA

Squat:     NA

Deadlift:  NA

Chins:     NA

The hit parade: Mah butt, right knee

Not the best walk times as I was wearing my Dansko's on both jaunts and I was testing out my right knee, it sometimes decides to throw fits when I'm about to take it out for a spin. It was just bluffing, no problems during the walk or the following morning. 

We made http://www.justonecookbook.com/hamburger-steak-hambagu/'>hambagu and it was pretty good. Super dense and a real challenge to take down one of the larger ones. Which makes it kind of fun? 

• Like 1

Googled 'hambagu', yup, just as ethnic as I thought!  Now I want to make some, they look delicious, but yes, dense... hmm.... maybe a weekly lunch idea.

I'm considering several things--at some point soon, I need to either deload and adopt Texas Method or drop my volume to continue to put heavier weights on the bar in a linear fashion. I have done some comparison of my progress on the big four lifts from May 2nd to today and extrapolated 5, 10, 15, and 20% gains to see what those look like:

5/2/15   Base   5%   10%   15%    20%       Base-May  5%-Base    10%-Base 15%-Base   20%-Base

Squat    120       127    133    140    146    152         7                 6                  13              19               25

BP          70         70      74      77       81      84         0                 4                    7              11               14

OHP       50         53      56      58       61      64         3                 3                    5                8               11

DL         135        160    168    176    184    192        25               8                   16              24              32

I feel pretty comfortable expecting to see 5% gains over the next challenge, and in some cases (deadlift), it's probably way too low a bar to clear. BP and DL might reasonably achieve 10% gains, given my base metric of a month's progress. That said, I'm slowing down, hence my curiosity about how long I should drag this out. Now that I think about it, now looks like the time to implement a light squat day, as that is really where I fear lack of progress most, deadlifts are the second most endangered lift. Below is the plan.

Saturday                                Tuesday                                           Thursday

Squat - 3x3 @ 3RM              Squat - 3x3 @ 80% 3RM                   Squat - 3x3 @ 3RM

BP     - 5x3 @ 3RM               OHP  - 5x3 @ 3RM                            BP     - 5x3 @ 3RM

DL     - 1x3 @ 3RM               DL      - 1x3 @ 3RM                           DL      - 1x3 @ 3RM

I will attempt new PRs for all lifts and all sessions except squats on Tuesday. If today's deadlift at 165lbs refuses to budge, I will have to deload and implement light deadlifts on Tuesday as well. I choose Tuesday for this because I tend to struggle more that day anyhow. This is like a twilight transition to TM, I realize, and that's the idea. I'm going from 3 days of PR attempts to 2, and then when this wears out, it will go to 1 PR attempt a week as I officially enter intermediate training for the first time. GAH, I'm almost not a novice anymore.

Let's go back to what to expect if I adopt the above schedule for the challenge (as opposed to TM). Assuming all goes to plan, I'll shoot for 10% increase on Squat, BP, and deadlifts, and 5% on OHP. If we're really shooting for the moon, maybe I'll hit 15% on BP, but that's potentially pie in the sky. If I go to TM, all bets are off, 5% flat.

So that'll be my plan, seems pretty airtight to me.

Googled 'hambagu', yup, just as ethnic as I thought!  Now I want to make some, they look delicious, but yes, dense... hmm.... maybe a weekly lunch idea.

I think making a bunch and freezing for easy meals would be the way to go. 

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I miss making those.  Must make again.

Sometimes I wonder if I should make a bento-making goal.  I used to be quite good at them.

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I miss making those.  Must make again.

Sometimes I wonder if I should make a bento-making goal.  I used to be quite good at them.

I volunteer as a guinea pig lol.

• Like 1

They keep asking me what kind of training I think I need, does Colorado have any petroleum engineering-related companies? Poverty is a terrible thing, lol. One of these days...

• Like 1

They keep asking me what kind of training I think I need, does Colorado have any petroleum engineering-related companies? Poverty is a terrible thing, lol. One of these days...

We have a lot of energy-related stuff here so..... maybe?  Start hunting.

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Guess I'm not cool. :tongue:

You got it going in stereo with two threads to keep up with...so you're in both camps.

You got it going in stereo with two threads to keep up with...so you're in both camps.

LOL! I am definitely not writing up my workouts and things in the challenge log yet, though.  I'm just chatting if/when people say something.  But that's okay.... I see how it is....... I'll be uncool over here in my corner................. ;)

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

Back...to the 'logs again.

New challenge threads are already up, mine is here. The pace is killer! This challenge is trying to pare things down to the essentials as we march through the rest of summer. 

Today was....well. Today goes under spoilers, that's how it was.

Okay, I took today off because this is the day I transfer my car into my name, finally. And get my tag renewed. At the same time because Dad decided that was the way to do things. *coughs* I took off because the best tag and title place is nowhere near work,  their hours are antithetical to my work hours, and I just did not need the additional stress of MUSTGETBACKTOWORKONTIME on top of the stress of coming in contact with Government. It never goes well.

So, I kind of expected trouble. I walked in with all my paperwork, there's only one person ahead of me, and I am rather quickly called to the counter. She looks over my stuff and says everything is great...except this one clause on the bill of sale, which was drafted by my dad's lawyer. There was a clause on in "In good and considered value" or some such at the beginning of a paragraph. This was not acceptable. She went to her supervisor with it, who confirmed it was not acceptable. I needed to create a new bill of sale, which she provided me a copy of what it should look like--some kind of vacation permission form like you'd get in grade school, basically. 

So I leave and proceed to wait an hour in Winn-Dixie nearby while my parents fight technology. It takes them twenty minutes to create, fill out, and print the document, and forty minutes to get it to me and the government employee. They went through two scanners. Not one, two, with no success. When I finally called them back about the progress and told them to just take a picture of it with their phones, success. 

I go back inside the license office, stand in line--an actual line, this time--and get a different employee this time. I explain I had been here earlier and was told my bill of sale wasn't good enough, gave her all the necessary documents, and she tells me it's fine. The original bill of sale was fine.

WHAT.

THE ACTUAL HELL.

I sat in a chair with a raging migraine for an hour in Winn-Dixie while my parents nearly fought WWIII (the technology and each other, as dad is as unstable as nitroglycerin in a nutribullet when dealing with Word, printer, scanner type processes...and I for one can't blame him, given my two years as a tech support rep. It'll burn you right the hell out on hardware). For absolutely nothing. 

No, not for nothing. For the whim of some petty tyrants behind a counter who didn't like a clause in an official bill of sale.

fkja;ffjsdlfjwsdklfjasdlfjsdl

...I took my tag and ran like hell as soon as I got it. I never NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER want to go back there for anything. Ever. The best two dollars ever spent is avoiding taking time off to being treated like that and just renewing the dang tag online or by mail. This is the moral of the story--if there is an option to do a thing online--there was not in this case--DO IT.

...so yeah. That was how my day was. As a partial result of this wonderfulness, I ended up with an irreparably messed-up food routine today. I didn't eat anything until I got back around noon, and a coffee at that. I got absorbed in NF forum stuff and had lunch at 2, lol. That was 100% my fault, which is kind of funny and sad at the same time. I'm going to end up somewhat low by day's end, but that's okay. I shouldn't be too horribly affected tomorrow, but if I am...lesson learned? 

The heaviest thing I lifted was a watering can, watering all the marigolds, roses, and whatnot we've finally gotten in the ground recently. It is hot as it gets here, just about, 93 degrees, the plants were quite grateful for the water, I imagine. Watering disturbed a tiny gunmetal grey lizard, which scurried up our sidewalk the way all tiny lizards do--frantically. That was an unexpected treat. Other than a few chores around the house, that was the extent of my productivity. I watched Let's Play videos of DKC2 and of course monitored the forums all afternoon, which was the best thing for me, mentally. Tomorrow literally cannot be more unnecessarily stressful.

Wow dude. I would have RAGED. UGH. FRUSTRATE. Thankfully that nightmare is over with, what a cluster.

Also - nitroglycerin in a nutribullet, excellent description. I may use that one day.

I love the little lizards. :)

Tomorrow has GOT to be better.

Wow dude. I would have RAGED. UGH. FRUSTRATE. Thankfully that nightmare is over with, what a cluster.

Also - nitroglycerin in a nutribullet, excellent description. I may use that one day.

I love the little lizards. :)

Tomorrow has GOT to be better.

Nobody died today. Dad took the news of their wasted time pretty well, and as a bonus I ended up with a 5 digit tag number, so that was something. 

It was the most volatile thing I could think of. This kind of thing nearly has mom and dad fighting when nobody has actually done or said anything wrong, because hardware = patience flying out the window.  

It was teeny and it headed for the hills...of our front door. LOL.

I also dead-headed the rose bushes, as they rather needed it. I feel so freaking productive.

• Like 1