• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

TheMormonRebel

Barbell replacing lat pulldowns.

Inverted rows are a viable option too- you can decrease resistance by bending your knees and decreasing the distance between where you're feet touch the ground and the bar.

inverted-row.jpg

Glad I asked! Thanks fellas! This is really my first time really getting into working out! So I'm still a bit of a novice haha! :)

Just don't quit! Keep going with a positive attitude and you will change into a stronger, healthier person. Roadblocks for the defeated are just speedbumps for the determined.

One warning: the pull up bar may be strong enough, but watch out for your doorway. My household (both of us under 180 lbs) managed to start pulling the door moulding out of the wall in a couple months. I moved my bar to work where the doorway is steel.

One warning: the pull up bar may be strong enough, but watch out for your doorway. My household (both of us under 180 lbs) managed to start pulling the door moulding out of the wall in a couple months. I moved my bar to work where the doorway is steel.

So that's my thought as well! I was looking through the apartment I am currently in and there really isn't a suitable / strong place/doorway that I could hang the set from :/

What about at work?

Well as a missionary, the world is our office haha :) So don't really have a work office to do such a thing in.

You could always reinforce the moulding with bigger, better screws or nails.

They kind of frown on us doing those kind of things to the apartments we stay in... don't have much of an option to alter the apartment.

In other news;

I will be spending some christmas money to get a bench to work out on! Since the mission won't pay for one haha.

Here is a thought that I was wondering what you guys would think of. Hang upside down by your legs from a bar or something. Use either a barbell or a set of dumbbells  to do a lat pulldown.

What are your thoughts on that?