[Ongoing] Spartan Plank Challenge

This PvP was spurred by a bucket list goal of Paul's (to do a Spartan Plank...aka. plank for 300 seconds straight) and I want to be able to do Chatarunga Dandasana and have a lot of strength to gain to accomplish that, so we decided to do this PvP. We do want to open it up to anyone who is interested too.

Here is video on how to do a plank:

http://youtu.be/TWpbe9nRySc

Here is a 30 day schedule for those of you who are capable of that...I know that for me, it will be a much longer effort than 30 days, but I will use it as a progrssion guide.

imagejpg1_zps2d489cf9.jpg

Let the Planksanity* begin!!!!!

*term coined by SilverRapier, a fellow Rebel

• Like 2

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

This is awesome!

Thanks Bekah this is just the push I needed to get this done. In fact I just dropped and did a plank for 108 seconds.

What's your starting time?

Bucket List Geek

Level 0 Human Adventurer

STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0 

A New Adventure: Baby Steps

Spartan Plank PVP

"There is a lot more in him than you guess, and a deal more than he has any idea of himself." ~ Gandalf, The Hobbit

This is awesome!

Thanks Bekah this is just the push I needed to get this done. In fact I just dropped and did a plank for 108 seconds.

What's your starting time?

Well, I just stiffed my face so now may not be the best time to plank, I will do it in the next 4 hours, or you can flog me....k?

• Like 2

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

I'm totally down for this! I used to be able to do the Spartan plank for 300 seconds easily, but then I stopped planking. I want to be able to do it again!

You did??? :D :D

After we do this, we are going to go for a Spartan Chatarunga :D

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

I'm totally down for this! I used to be able to do the Spartan plank for 300 seconds easily, but then I stopped planking. I want to be able to do it again!

Welcome to the challenge Zendikara  :pride:

Well, I just stiffed my face so now may not be the best time to plank, I will do it in the next 4 hours, or you can flog me....k?

Bekah although the flogging may sound like fun, I'd rather see you start the challenge right  :pride:

• Like 1

Bucket List Geek

Level 0 Human Adventurer

Spartan Plank PVP

"There is a lot more in him than you guess, and a deal more than he has any idea of himself." ~ Gandalf, The Hobbit

I want in on this! Sounds like fuuuuunnnnnn~

This message was convincingly brought to you by,"my imaginative brain", co-produced by "my nimble but bulbous fingers".

• Like 1

Class and Profession: Rangers/Druid
Background: 27 year old Nerdling. Idk what to write anymore so imagine that this is a cool intro

Spoiler

Quote:

The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are--Lara Croft.

First day planking and my goodness, it felt planknanimous!

20 sec in~~~

This message was convincingly brought to you by,"my imaginative brain", co-produced by "my nimble but bulbous fingers".

• Like 1

Background: 27 year old Nerdling. Idk what to write anymore so imagine that this is a cool intro

Spoiler

Quote:

20 sec in~~~

Congrats Hansjay  :pride:

Keep on planking!

Bucket List Geek

Level 0 Human Adventurer

Spartan Plank PVP

20 sec in~~~

YAY!!! :D :D :D 

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

ok, so lets see...I have planked 3 of the last 5 days (and OMG what an improvement in consistency!!!) 

Day 1: 34 sec.

Day 3: 28 sec. (I was also partially intoxicated, not sure how that played a role...but eh...maybe? But...drunk planks are pretty fun, if nothing else :D )

Day 5: 18 sec. (I did it today just because I didnt want to say I didn't plank at all, but I have had a SEVERE allergic reaction to some candles I bought, and am struggling to breathe today...so I didnt push myself even a little with this) 

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Day 2 also down. What. The. What!!!

Planks are hard, my goodness.

• Like 2

Spoiler

Quote:

***DING***

That's right I levelled up to the 2 minute plank! That's 120 seconds, which is 12 seconds up on last week!

I've been planking daily (Bekah do you see a pattern here) and focussing on my breathing, adding one deep breath each day similar to Steve's 60 day PLP challenge.

ok, so lets see...I have planked 3 of the last 5 days (and OMG what an improvement in consistency!!!) 

Day 1: 34 sec.

Day 3: 28 sec. (I was also partially intoxicated, not sure how that played a role...but eh...maybe? But...drunk planks are pretty fun, if nothing else :D )

Day 5: 18 sec. (I did it today just because I didnt want to say I didn't plank at all, but I have had a SEVERE allergic reaction to some candles I bought, and am struggling to breathe today...so I didnt push myself even a little with this) 

Bekah well done for keeping up the good work  :pride:  I'm sure you'll start getting closer to the minute mark once you're feeling 100%

Day 2 also down. What. The. What!!!
Planks are hard, my goodness.

Yes planks are hard and Spartan planks are even harder, but that's why we love them  :pride:

Bucket List Geek

Level 0 Human Adventurer

Spartan Plank PVP

30 sec plank count done! :D

Doing it and I can feel my stamina increasing with each plank.

Spoiler

Quote:

30 min plank count done! :D

Doing it and I can feel my stamina increasing with each plank.

I'm assuming you meant 30 seconds here...great job! If you did plank for 30 min, call Guinness :D

• Like 2

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Oh I wonder if I could get there ... I did the plank challenge before and made it to 240 seconds... but that seemed like the absolute limit.

OK, I'll give this a go. I'm at 120 seconds today as a max.

Fantastic!!! Welcome :)

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

The longest time in an abdominal plank position is 4 hours 26 minutes and was achieved by Mao Weidong (China) in Beijing, China on 26 September 2014.

Guinness Page

I may be a bit on the adventurous side, but that's just too much!!! Damn! 

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

The longest time in an abdominal plank position is 4 hours 26 minutes and was achieved by Mao Weidong (China) in Beijing, China on 26 September 2014.

Guinness Page

I may be a bit on the adventurous side, but that's just too much!!! Damn! 

Yeah I just went to look it up, you beat me to it! haha.  In 2012 it was just over an hour... that would be more achievable, but 4 and a half hours?? MY GOODNESS!! I'd hope I have something really distracting below me on my tablet to watch or do.  I would lose it..

• Like 1

Zendikara

Level 1

Night Elf Adventurer

STR  2 ||  DEX  1 ||  STA 1 || CON 1 ||WIS 9 || CHA 3

Between Heaven and Hell

Nerfiwrich challenge

Previous Challenges =11/10/14

Goal: Pay off Visa

12%
12%