[Ongoing] Spartan Plank Challenge

I know you will do this. Maybe now is not the time for you to expect much gains. If i were you i would do some maintenance work (if possible) so you can hit it again when you are all better and the home situation is all stable again. And the thing that made me do it was focus on a plank first thing after a rest day. And thanx for the congrats!

• Like 1

... a little odd in the head ...

Well, i had been doing planks pretty often for the last 10 months or so, but had never really pushed myself to get a longer plank. I was doing around 2 minutes and then started trying for this and found that the first minute or so was hard, and then really, it didn't seem to get much harder after that except my shoulders weren't a big fan. I was doing 2:30 planks, then decided to try a bigger jump to 3 minutes, and then felt like i had more so went up to 3:30. After that I felt like i could have done more so next time I hadn't done anything terribly ab intensive for a bit, decided to just go all the way. The last 60 seconds i just counted out every 10 seconds like it was the last 10, then did it again. Really though, the first 60 seconds and the last 60 are all that felt hard.

Level 4 Lycan Warrior

Challenges: 4-Warrior, 3-Assassin, 2-Adventurer, 1-Recruit

Battlelog

Go ahead and laugh all you want to, I got my philosophy and I trust it like the ground. That's why my philosophy keeps me walking when I'm falling down -Ben Fold's Five "Philosophy"

Sounds about the same.

My first try was somewhere around 1:30. After that steady incline to 03:00. On the day i needed to get my set goal i did the 03:30, after that 04:03 trying to get a reply from Erosan. And after that was doing another random one, but specifically after a resting day. Got to 04:00 and just grinded my teeth and kept to it, and be done with it, since i wasnt enjoying them, just to get it over!

... a little odd in the head ...

Congrats! I'm stuck on 1:30, which is huge for me anyway (30 seconds really was a success for me when I started).

I got an idea for next plank goal for you - beat the world record! It's merely 4 hours 26 minutes so far. :)

Oh sure, I'll do that next 6WC ;-)

• Like 1

Level 4 Lycan Warrior

Challenges: 4-Warrior, 3-Assassin, 2-Adventurer, 1-Recruit

Battlelog

Go ahead and laugh all you want to, I got my philosophy and I trust it like the ground. That's why my philosophy keeps me walking when I'm falling down -Ben Fold's Five "Philosophy"

Hi! that's actually decent starting point. Mine was 30 seconds max :D

I'm on and off on this challenge, so let's start together! Time to do it right this time!

That sounds like a plan, baking_jeans!  ;) I need the extra motivation  :dejection:  I'm going to try to beat my PB tonight...are you going to join me?

Eli and the Timeline of Growth

"Anxiety is love's greatest killer. It makes others feel as you might when a drowning man holds on to you.

You want to save him, but you know he will strangle you with his panic." ~ Anaïs Nin

Happy to report: 1:30. Yay!

Epsilon, what's your time?

Wow, congrats!  :loyal: It's a 1:46 for me  :) We're closer to a 300 second plank than we were a week ago, baking_jeans!  :eagerness:

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Eli and the Timeline of Growth

"Anxiety is love's greatest killer. It makes others feel as you might when a drowning man holds on to you.

You want to save him, but you know he will strangle you with his panic." ~ Anaïs Nin