The winter blahs have set in here in Minnesota... So let's start a warm and fuzzy thread where we can show off out furry (or scale-y) companions! Feel free to post pics, share funny or heartwarming stories... anything pet related is a-ok.

...Cause who doesn't love a good pet thread?

• Like 2

Level 24 Frost Archer ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Current Challenge: thekatisalie is back :: no seriously this time

MyFitnessPal || Strava || SmashRun || Twitch

I Instagram. I tweet. I cosplay

This is Dagny. I adopted her from a friend’s farm when they had too many barn cats who were having kittens. Her mom was Gopher… Not the brightest kitten in the box, and that seems to have transferred to Dags. She is super skittish, she licks walls, she fights her own shadow, and there isn’t a graceful bone in her body. She was nearly all white as a kitten, and has darkened as she has aged. She’s 6 now, and while still our “derpy†kitty, she incredibly sweet when she isn’t terrified of you :D

g9Us0gbl.jpg

• Like 9

I own 3 dogs and a cat.

The cat, Mims (or we joke Last Mimzy), she came to us one cold winter day. Her and her siblings were dropped out of a car and left to fend for themselves (since most of our neighborhood is woods and most cats around here are outdoor cats). Our idiot neighbor watched the whole thing and did nothing about it. Most of her siblings ran deep into the woods, never be seen again (more likely because like the feral cats around here). She was the only one with the brains to go to our back door and look in. My dad opened the door and she basically walked in on her own. My dad being hater of cats (grew up with all the stray animals and people his family brought home) wanted the Mims gone. It didn't take long for my dad to fall for Mims. She now runs the house. I did finally get the cat I always wanted.

Yaba (papa in Lebanese), was a pug my mom adopted from a family (wife is Lebanese and husband Irish man). They meet each other after 9/11. Forget how long they were going out when they decided to buy a couch. They ended up with Yaba instead. Sadly they couldn't keep him anymore since their young son was allergic to him and they keep having to keep him downstairs (which they felt it was unfair for him).

We ended up with their other dog Neko (which means p**** in Lebanese...she lovely woman, but bit nuts), forget what kind of dog he is, later down the road.

Funny how the dogs see their family on holidays (don't ask how this happened). And we now friends with these people.

Alice, mastiff, only one we really chose, thinks she is tiny dog. It's always amusing with that one. She definably all looks and no brain that one.

• Like 3

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

She's gorgeous! And looks like my buddy Sunny. Who I love to humiliate, as shown below:

NEw5YSg.jpg

He's a big cat, so that's actually a medium-sized dog costume he's wearing. My parents' corgi outgrew it so they gave it to me. Yes, we dress up our pets to torture them for our own amusement. :lol: Basically, I have a ton more pictures like this with Sunny in various costumes! And in most of them, he looks very disgruntled. But he's a sweetheart when he's not constantly meowing or howling at me for attention -- he follows me around everywhere, he's super cuddly especially in the wintertime, and most of all, he puts up with me and my antics of dressing him up. XD (He does have separation anxiety, which makes it difficult with my lifestyle (work a full-time job and then part-time it as an actress), but I think he's finally gotten used to it. He's unhappy about it, but I think he's realizing that I'll always come home so he's settled down.)

My family adopted him my freshman year of college when my mother's coworker had to give him up because her son's asthma flared up around him. Even though my parents already had two other cats, they couldn't bear the thought of sending a cat to an animal shelter when there's something they could do about it, and so, they took him in. He was around 6-7 months old at the time, and already as big as the other cats. When I graduated college, though, he and my mother's cat suddenly stopped getting along and got into literal pissing contests, so when I finally got a job, they asked me to take him. We were always buddies since the first time he came to my parents' home but this of course only strengthened our relationship. ^_^ I keep threatening to get him a baby brother, though.......

• Like 5

Vicki | Sheikah Bard | Level 13

STR 32.5 | DEX 51.1 | STA 25.5 | CON 37.1 | WIS 26.0 | CHA 31.3

blkhoe24601 Gains the Power to Revolutionize the World

Past Challenges: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13

2016 Battle Log

This is Dagny.

By chance named for Dagny Taggart?  

===================================

I don't currently have a pet since I live in a 1 bedroom apartment and don't much like cats or small dogs.  Sorry cat people!  However, I spend a lot of time at my sister's house.  

This is Hank.  He's a purebred Black Lab (who looks very derpy in the picture, but I swear he's not!).  He's also really good with kids.  My 1.5 year old nephew uses him as a jungle-gym most of the time.  It's great.  

Hank-01_zpsb0c9346b.jpg

• Like 4

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

By chance named for Dagny Taggart?  

I was reading Atlas Shrugged at the time, yes :D Not a big Ayn Rand fan... but she and her brother were going to be Dagny and Rearden, but I could only afford the vet bills for one pet at a time. Rearden lives on the farm still and goes by the name Lomey. :3

• Like 1

We have three retired racing greyhounds. Over the years we've had up to four at a time.

Right now our group is Tammy (female), Lee (male), and Exeter (male.) Last year we lost our oldest grey, Smokey, and were down to just Lee and Tessie. Lee is a true pack dog, not liking to be alone, while Tessie was a bit of a loner (she liked to spend her days sleeping in our bedroom or in the closet rather than in the dog room with the other dogs.) Like any rational pet owner (heh), we decided to get another grey to keep Lee company.

When we went to the kennel, we had him spend some time with a few different dogs and nobody clicked until they brought out Exeter, who at that time was 2 years old and still very much like a puppy despite being 30 inches at the shoulder and a bit over 70 lbs. Then when we went inside I saw an older dog and went over to pet her. The adoption coordinator told me that Tammy was an 8 year old who had been used for breeding after she retired. We took her out for a walk and when I said that I was having a really hard time choosing between Tammy or Exeter, my husband and daughter gave me sad puppy dog eyes and pointed out that we'd had four dogs in the past and knew we could handle it so why not get them both. I asked the coordinator and she said sure, we could do that but warned us that we were essentially getting a Ferrari (Exeter) and an Audi (Tammy) in the same day. That ended up being a perfect description of them. Neither had been in a house before so we had to help them adjust there (the TV pretty much blew Exeter's mind the first time we turned it on) but the transition back to four was fairly easy. Tammy and Tessie hit it off really well since both loved to spend a lot of time outside (the boys don't like the outdoors as much.) Sadly, we lost Tessie to cancer last fall.

My favorite picture of Tessie. group6_zpse6edc27c.jpg

Lee, having trouble deciding whether it was worth it to get off the couch.

doglee_zps14027db2.png

Tammy, posing for a portrait.

dogtammy_zps2c7d270f.jpg

I'm including this one because Tammy's shoulder muscles are pretty awesome.

dogleetammy_zps34a960ed.png

And, just for sheer ridiculousness, here's Exeter again. He plays hard, he sleeps hard.

dogsleep_zps31691dc3.jpg

• Like 8

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

Ah so many pets! I love them all! 

We currently have four cats - Orlando, Mungo, Dylan and Seamus; a cockerpoo - Raffi; and three rats - Sherlock, Bodie and Doyle. I also ride / work with a bunch of horses but none of them are mine :(

We've had something like 15 cats since my parents met (my mum is the crazy cat lady who somehow found a husband and had kids), and the fewest we've ever had at one time is two. So I don't think I have any childhood memories without a cat somewhere in the background ;)

We've also had guinea pigs and a hamster. Our house is like a really bad zoo.

(I'll post some pictures when I work out how!)

level 1 half-elf (half-hobbit) adventurer.

(wannabe ranger).

full time awesome.

str 3 . dex 2 . sta 0 . con 2 . wis 0 . cha 1
challenges: 1 

So first, we have a pet monkey living in our house. 

ztvy1j.jpg

I kid... I kid... :tongue:

But seriously, meet Teagan Paka Peterson.  A year and half ago, on St. Patrick's day, we went out back to find this kitty eating out of our trash can.  She got a little frightened when she saw us, but as soon as we reached down to pet her she jumped into my wife's lap and started purring.  Yeah... she's a snuggler.  We looked for her owner for a good month as she had clearly been owned by someone (knew how to use a litter box, very gentle with people), but no one claimed her so she ended up staying at our place.  Anyway, since we found her on St. Patrick's Day, we gave her a Irish girl's name.  The Paka part is actually Swahili for "cat" since we had a friend going to Africa right around that time.  The vets estimated she was only a year and half old when we found her so yeah... she should be around for a long time. 

2hzkcoy.jpg

• Like 3

OizIdwDl.jpg

This is Gizmo! He's the baby. He's two and currently sporting a lion cut, cause he decided that letting us brush him was the worst thing in the world and he got COVERED in mats he wouldn't let us cut out. We adopted him from Animal Control. I actually bought him with four years worth of loose change :P I knew I'd been saving that up for a rainy day (or a snowy day, as it was). It's more of a dog than a cat. Don't open yogurt around him, because he will stuff his face in it if you give him the chance.

• Like 5

OizIdwDl.jpg

This is Gizmo! He's the baby. He's two and currently sporting a lion cut, cause he decided that letting us brush him was the worst thing in the world and he got COVERED in mats he wouldn't let us cut out. We adopted him from Animal Control. I actually bought him with four years worth of loose change :tongue: I knew I'd been saving that up for a rainy day (or a snowy day, as it was). It's more of a dog than a cat. Don't open yogurt around him, because he will stuff his face in it if you give him the chance.

Something says this cat can easily create world peace with those eyes

• Like 1

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

My Inspiration

My challenge

Instagram

All these pets are so adorable! It won't let me upload pictures of my two at the moment, but I'll try again when I get home.

"You won't find your answers by looking to the stars. It's a journey you'll have to take by looking inside yourself. You must write your destiny..." Christopher Reeve as Dr. Virgil Swann

Current challenge

Old Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th9th, 10th11th, 12th, 13th, 14th

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

All these pets are so adorable! It won't let me upload pictures of my two at the moment, but I'll try again when I get home.

My pets just can't stay still.

~Paulo Coelho

My Inspiration

My challenge

Instagram

Something says this cat can easily create world peace with those eyes

Hahaha! He sure knows how to get EXACTLY what he wants with them, at least! The most commonly uttered phrase in our house is "dammit, why is he so cute?!"

• Like 2

I might break the thread with pics of our menagerie. We've got 5 cats and 3 dogs, all indoor pets.

It all started when my partner and I blended our family. She had Hamish the Corgi and Sunshine the cat. Sunshine is a purebred Somali with a crooked tail. The breeders dumped her at the pound because of her imperfection and she nearly got euthanized before Amy adopted her.

I had two domestic shorthair cats. Captain and Tenille. Cappers is a grey tabby. Tennile is my house panther. Together we adopted Tater, chi-dachsund mix and Molly, a Pom who had been a breeder dog. We have Parker who is another little grey tabby girl. Finally there is Minnie. She's a white cat with grey eyebrows and a gimpy paw. She's another one that we rescued from being euthanized. No one would take her because of her paw. We're suckers like that.

• Like 4

joedog, level 15 Monk

Current Challenge

Animals from the pound usually have so much personality. I work at one for while. I always had the problem of getting attached to quit a few of them. It was always sad seeing some of them just disappear one day.

~Paulo Coelho

My Inspiration

My challenge

Instagram

My two little ones, Salem Saberhagen and Selina Kyle. Brother and sister from the same litter. They are 1 1/2 years old, but I adopted them back in February, so haven't had them for too long. Their favorite thing to do is chase eachother around the house. Salem is a lap cat. He loves to be in your lap and just curl himself around your arm. Such an attention whore. He'll sit there and stare at you and whine until you pet him. Selina on the other hand is more subtle. She'll just walk across your lap several times in a row as you just stroke her on each pass. Though in the past several weeks she is curling up beside us more and more often. They love people, just not new people.

Salem

Salem being mad that I was playing with the ipad instead of him. He actually sat down on it as I was using it.

Selina

Selina watching the birds and guarding my pumpkin

Both

Curled up in my computer chair. Salem grooming Selina, which he usually does right before he pushes her off and takes the chair for himself.

• Like 1

"You won't find your answers by looking to the stars. It's a journey you'll have to take by looking inside yourself. You must write your destiny..." Christopher Reeve as Dr. Virgil Swann

Current challenge

Old Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th9th, 10th11th, 12th, 13th, 14th

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

I tried to post pictures, but it said I wasn't allowed that picture extension on this community.

This Jack.

One of my coworker friends passed away a year and a half ago. Since I was apparently the only person who knew he had a bearded dragon, I wound up adopting him.

This is Diane.

Diane was a classroom pet. She was acquired via a grant by someone who didn't know what they were getting into. So, she joined Jack this summer.

This is Boudreaux.

Boudreaux has been my partner for around 8.5 years. I'm not sure how old he was when I got him, but he was around a year old. On occasion, through the years he couldn't live with me, mostly when I lived i the dorm at college. But he's been with me the whole time I've been at this park, so 6 years. We like mountain life! :)

So that's the crew! It's just the 4 of us, chillin'.

• Like 6

This is my Bubba :) He is a rescue that we got the end of July, he is entirely blind and absolutely darling :wub: 

imagejpg1_zpsa0b69ce9.jpg

He loves to snuggle in his blanket

imagejpg7_zpsf1e9dfa8.jpg

He also thinks he is a lap dog

imagejpg3_zps16c7c8a6.jpg

and this is just the cutest picture ever. 

• Like 7

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

Isn't it amazing, they can be in so much pain and have the worst life, but they live to make US happy. I tried to commit suicide a few times in my teen years, but my dogs always prevented it. Sometimes I feel I can't do enough for my pets, but I know they love me, regardless of what I can do for them. Traipsing, she still loves you and she still wants you to be happy and not mourn her. She can stand up on her back legs, now and she's got the biggest puppy-like smile, tongue hanging out. I'm sure she'd love for you to smile as much as possible. You gave her a chance, when she had none.

• Like 4

I am the Brawlus, goo goo, g'joob.

Yeah my animals definably helped me through ruff times. Funny how animals know when something is wrong.

• Like 2

~Paulo Coelho

My Inspiration

My challenge

Instagram