wait that's sloth in the video with you? So lucky to have a fellow NF member do close!

No, Tonu is in the video with me, actually he shot it and it's from his Youttube account that I shared it. I did take some video of Ted just so he and I could talk about technique differences but as I promised him, I deleted it. 

• Like 1

You can't spell Slaughter without laughter

Fantastic work on achieving the 100 reps. Congratulations.

400lbs squat would be wicked to get to. Any time component to that goal or will you gradually work up to it and reach it whenever?

I caught a cold too. Hope you feel better soon.

Our local boardgame cafe was robbed over Easter weekend, the people knew they'd have more cash from the long weekend, and unfortunately is now temporarily closed. We played the 2-player version of Settlers (with cards) at home instead to celebrate in our own way!

Challenge 1 Completed March 2015: 1 month of kettlebell swings for 10,000 total.

Challenge 2 Started April 2015: 12 months of Wendler 5/3/1, starting with 3 month 'bulk' phase + check-in

Battle Log: Cipher Unlocked

I'm glad you guys got to play something. Hopefully the cafe will be open again soon and you can patronize them.

I don't have a time component on any of my summer projects. I'm just going to grind away at them and see what I can do before I'm forced back down to the basement by cold weather. Those that I don't finish I will likely work on next year.

You got 36kg bells? Boom! :) Tried them out yet? 

I keep admiring your work ethic. Only got two people like you in my gym, and could definitely use another 10.

Glad to see you're getting to train with other people a bit more.

KB Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and an excellent coach

2023 goals tracker; cycling: 1047,7/5000km & reading to my kids: 58/365 days (updated may 1st)

my instagram - my gym's instagram

How did it go?

Erm.  Not well.  Spent most of my free time hiding away from human contact.  Whoops.  Though my neighbor did go play at one of the local game stores and because he ran a game of Dead of Winter was gifted the promo pack from the store.  I got a large kick out of the fact that the spare human was Felicia Day.  And she's wielding Sting from LOTR....

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

You got 36kg bells? Boom! :) Tried them out yet? 

I keep admiring your work ethic. Only got two people like you in my gym, and could definitely use another 10.

Glad to see you're getting to train with other people a bit more.

I don't yet have the 36s. They were back ordered until June. I have a new pull up bar that I need to install and I have some new bumper plates.

Consistency is all I have. I'm not young, talented or technically good. I just work. :)

Erm.  Not well.  Spent most of my free time hiding away from human contact.  Whoops.  Though my neighbor did go play at one of the local game stores and because he ran a game of Dead of Winter was gifted the promo pack from the store.  I got a large kick out of the fact that the spare human was Felicia Day.  And she's wielding Sting from LOTR....

d'oh, sorry to hear nothing happened. I've not yet played Dead of Winter but the TableTop episode is pretty solid. I heard that they are going to use the Crossroads System (the decision making system in that game) to create a Sci fi game. that will see a lot more play from me and mine so I'm holding out for that one.

Consistency is all I have. I'm not young, talented or technically good. I just work. :)

I think I may steal this line  for my motivation motto.  :)

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

d'oh, sorry to hear nothing happened. I've not yet played Dead of Winter but the TableTop episode is pretty solid. I heard that they are going to use the Crossroads System (the decision making system in that game) to create a Sci fi game. that will see a lot more play from me and mine so I'm holding out for that one.

I really like the Crossroads System.  It adds an interesting flair to the game, a bit of Role-playing behavior and some board game strategy to give an interesting change of pace.  It's fun.  Just... the game takes a while. (First time I played it was when my apartment was snowed in during the first big Boston blizzard this year.  Good way to burn some time, board games and food while the snow falls.)

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

Young, talented and hard working somehow doesn't seem to get together very often. 

But scratch the technically good thing, because you will get there.

2023 goals tracker; cycling: 1047,7/5000km & reading to my kids: 58/365 days (updated may 1st)

Still recovering from a head cold these last couple days

Monday was off

Tuesday I did a couple hundred swings with 32 kg in sets of 25, spent the time between sets hanging my new pull up bar and doing pull ups

Wednesday I did a few long cycles but decided I was good. I did some barbell power cleans and mobility work.

38kg? typo? :o

Hope you feel better soon!

it was, I went back and fixed it

Better today. Most of the way healthy. I'm able to sleep at night again but still can't fully breathe through my nose

04/19/2015

long cycle

24 kg 6:00

rest 6:00

24 kg 6:00

rest 6:00

24 kg 3:00

rest ?

20 kg 50 reps

short-ish one today. I ran out of time because that one always takes forever to work through. A little frustrated to still not hit the final 6:00. Just started dying for recovery.

• Like 1

04/20/2015

rest day - ate fried fish, drank beer, played games

04/21/2015

long cycle 28 kg

5:00 on

4:00 off

4:00 on

3:00 off

3:00 on (completed 2:15, just couldn't get myself to go the last 45 seconds)

2:00 off

2:00 on

1:00 off

1:00 on

back squat

worked up to three singles of 140 kg (315 lbs)

• Like 1

excited to see how your competitions go!

Thanks, me too. I'm striving for ten minutes for this first one but it will be tough.the outcome of that will direct me towards my end of June work. I'm primarily focused on earning my CMS for that meet which looks like it will be 64 reps since I haven't had any success losing weight.

Wednesday

Left work early, hoping to get a workout in before we headed out for a trip. Didn't happen but that's ok

Thursday

Travel day two

Friday

Long cycle 28 kg 90 on/ 60 off x 5

One arm complex

1/2 snatch

Clean and jerk

Clean

Front squat

Switch and repeat

I did this asset of 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

Since we're traveling I only brought the one pair of bells. I kept this short because we're saying with family and I try to no impose my training schedule too much on everyone. They are generally supportive but I try to be reasonable.

My father-in-law came out to watch my work set. At first I was a little self conscious but then I got into the work of it. Unfortunately that's when he started asking questions. These sets are largely about recovery and I jut on't recover well when trying to talk at the same time. So that's my excuse for the low output.

Talking + kbsport are not a good mix :D I've learned to be rude, but mostly because otherwise I'd never get any work done. 

So you've got regionals now? Are they a qualification point for nationals? 

And did you check out any of the videos/pics from the military comp in russia? Denis Vasilev was jaw droppingly inspiring :o

In the June regionals don't appear to be mandatory for nationals but I believe you get free entry to nationals if you win your event.

I thought Vasilevi's lift was amazing. Honestly everyone in that flight did a really good job. The thing I liked the most about his was that he never appeared to short change a rep. I've seen other stunt attempts where fixation goes out the window. His was just rock solid all the way through.

• Like 1