Getting rid of soda.... again

Hey everyone, i'm battling with my softdrink addiction for years now. Started another try to wean myself off yesterday.

The approach before that was trying to wean myself of the softdrinks slowly. Since that didnt worked i'm going cold turkey this time. Wish me luck :)

• Like 4
There is one rule, above all others, ... Whatever comes, face it on your feet.

Robert Jordan, The Great Hunt

Lvl 2 Half-Elf Ranger

STR:4 | DEX:2.5 | STA:5 | CON:3 | WIS:5 | CHA:3

Daily Grind

Story of a Ranger: 1st chapter, 2nd chapter, 3rd chapter, 4th chapter

dunno about wishing you luck .... I think I should wish everyone around you luck :D

seriously good luck though, I think I finally have mine under control and have only had1.5ltr of coke in the last 4 months ... although I still get cravings for it.

• Like 1

Human | Ranger

Level 3 | STR: 8 | DEX: 2 | STA: 8 | CON: 5 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 7

Current Challenge / Second Challenge, /  My First Challenge

2013_bsl_SciFiQuotes_01.jpg

You can do it.  Of that I'm sure.  I know for me it took a while too, but it CAN BE DONE!

One thing that helped me was switching over to XS Energy instead of soda.  No sugar or carbs really helped me kick the soda habit while still being able to drink something other than water.  I honestly think that made the biggest difference for me, since I'd tried many times in the past to stop drinking soda, but just never made it stick before.  

[full disclosure: I do distribution of XS]

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Someone else suggested carbonated water and those little packets of Crystal Lite as a means of easing the cravings - I've never tried it, so I can't speak to it personally.

As I'm not a Jedi, I'll stick with "good luck". :D

i stocked up on different flavors of tea (both regular and decaff). Now usually only have soda when i really need to concentrate on coding or as a mixer for an occasional jack and coke zero.

Level 4 Lycan Warrior

Challenges: 4-Warrior, 3-Assassin, 2-Adventurer, 1-Recruit

Battlelog

Go ahead and laugh all you want to, I got my philosophy and I trust it like the ground. That's why my philosophy keeps me walking when I'm falling down -Ben Fold's Five "Philosophy"

Thanks all and yes/ Please have pity on my coworkers if the headaches start to appear...

The headaches might be from caffeine withdrawals.  You can separate your sugar withdrawals from your caffeine withdrawals by drinking unsweetened coffee (buy better coffee), tea, or even low-dose caffeine pills.  It might be easier to tackle one of those issues at a time.

Searching the world for a cure for my wanderlust.

Yeah, I went the seltzer water way. Then I moved on to mineral water, but I still have a seltzer, now and then. I've been soda free for almost two years, now. The headaches and nausea didn't last long, for me. As long as you don't give yourself ANY soda, the bad parts will subside faster. the cravings last a bit longer, but they do go away.

I am the Brawlus, goo goo, g'joob.

Soft drinks are a weakness of mine too. I try to kid myself that at least it isn't so bad I have a preference for the diet/max/zero types but I still consume to much...I need to try and think water!!!

so form someone struggling and that keeps falling off the wagon...good luck!

Level 6 - Human - (North of the wall) Wyldling/Celt - Ranger/Assassin.

Epic quest I Battle Log I Accountabilibuddies 3 5 I Challenge: 1 2 3 4 5

(STR) - 4 (DEX) - 1 (STA) - 3 (CON) - 6 (WIS) - 4 (CHA) - 2

"Spartans! Prepare for glory!" - King Leonidas

Pinterest I instagram I Goodreads 

Every reduction in amount or frequency is a win!  Go get 'em, hero!

• Like 2

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

The headaches might be from caffeine withdrawals.  You can separate your sugar withdrawals from your caffeine withdrawals by drinking unsweetened coffee (buy better coffee), tea, or even low-dose caffeine pills.  It might be easier to tackle one of those issues at a time.

This definitely helps.  It's one reason I switched to XS.  Kicking the sugar part of the soda habit was much easier when I still got some caffeine from the energy drinks.  

The really interesting part that I've noticed now though?  I can go several days (even a week or two) without an XS and have no caffeine withdrawls at all.  I've pretty much concluded that the main "bad guy" when it comes to soda is the sugar/syrup they make it with.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

i stocked up on different flavors of tea (both regular and decaff). Now usually only have soda when i really need to concentrate on coding or as a mixer for an occasional jack and coke zero.

This definitely helps.  It's one reason I switched to XS.  Kicking the sugar part of the soda habit was much easier when I still got some caffeine from the energy drinks.  

The really interesting part that I've noticed now though?  I can go several days (even a week or two) without an XS and have no caffeine withdrawls at all.  I've pretty much concluded that the main "bad guy" when it comes to soda is the sugar/syrup they make it with.  

Stocking up on water flavoring, teas, and coffee definitely helps. I kicked my soda habit a long time ago. A cup of coffee in the morning and afternoon with a little sugar-free powder creamer is a great pick me up and a sure way to stave off the headaches. 

Best of luck!

I've been drinking Kevita (probiotic drink) to help with the evening sugar cravings. I'd developed a pretty enjoyable habit of having a cocktail or 3 every night for the past year or so. Mixed with natural soda or juice. I was watering it down with mineral water, but that habit HAD to go! Plain coconut Kevita is only 1 carb. It's organic, it's bubbly, and most important, it gives me something sweet!! (They make good drink mixers too, but we're not going there! Lol!) They have em at Whole Foods.