• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Batwoman

Mini-Challenge #4: The Liberty Split

giphy.gif

Oh why... hello there... didn't see you saunter in... that was you sauntering right?

Yeeeeah...

Welcome back sleuths!

We've just gotten word that over the weekend that the Liberty Bell was stolen from it's rightful place in Philadelphia.

Who took it?

Contessa!

CS.jpg?t=1303273390

Seems she is putting together her own carol of the bells this holiday with the main attraction being the big bell with the crack. But we cannot let this crime maven take this giant sleigh bell away. It's up to us to stop her!

Good luck Gumshoes.

THE RULES:

Since we are tracking down a bell with split down the middle I thought it would be apropos to practice some splits ourselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6cc16cVOWU

Our overall team goal is going to be to do 5000 leg raises. Participate in leg raises and get +1 DEX point.

It would also behoove you to also practice some stretchy bits to help with split progression. Now doing a split will not happen in a week, but you can use this week as a jumping off point to continue with more training. Either way being stretchy is important, so do the stretchy bits!

Straddle Pose:

15511006272011092738.jpg

Pigeon Pose:

sport-yoga-pigeon-pose1.jpg

Lizard Pose:

Utthan-Pristhasana-Lizard-Pose-Right.jpg

Side Splits:

flex-hold.jpg

There’s a spreadsheet to tally your leg raises:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_jqHS6vSAX5ZlCx4OfYpPh4x515mE4HN0dPZxsEopk8/edit?usp=sharing

Other rules:

- Mini-challenges are not mandatory, feel free to ignore this one if you don't want to participate. Don't let mini-challenge hinder your own goals.

- If you're not sure how to register something, post it here.

- If you already have some kind of splits or leg raises or any of the stretches shown in your challenge, then yes! It counts for both

- Keep it simple!

- Don't hurt yourself!

Every sleuth who competes in this mini-challenge gets +1 DEX for helping to capture Contessa and retrieving the Liberty Bell!

Assassins, remember to be safe and have fun!

• Like 3

What is considered a leg raise for this challenge?  I can think of at least 3 different exercises that are called leg raises (or, at least, that's what I know them as)...

So. Many. Crack. Jokes... o0

Seriously though, let's talk about leg raises. Do you have a demo for exactly what you mean? All I can think of are hanging leg raises, and I'm not sure how those would help the splits, so I'm definitely missing something somewhere.

• Like 1

Fixed the spreadsheet link.

I had a video all set to put in for a demo then neglected to put it in, but now it is in there.

My apologies. Still waking up from my holiday hangover.

giphy.gif

• Like 5

Bwaaahahahaha YES! Let's conquer the world with leg raises and splits! :D

Or at least get back the Liberty bell. I seem to recall from National Treasure that it was kind of a big deal for you Americans. 

tumblr_mvteiv7SOk1r01ax2o1_500.gif

• Like 1

Is there a way to track splits work, or are we just focusing on the leg raises?

I was thinking leg raises is an easily countable guild goal. If anyone chooses to track their own split progress this week inside this thread I will not stop you. If you want to make split progress competitions I will not stop you.

It's just hard to track an overall guild split progress in just a week.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Well lookit that ... I'm working on leg/hip flexibility everyday in my stretching so I do split related stuff . I'll make sure to add in leg raises as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I thought we were doing hanging leg raises. I might do those still as I really love that move - I guess I'll have some pretty low numbers to report but oh well! I just did a max test - 7. OK. That can go up! (I'm still quite sick, so it really should!)

Fixed the spreadsheet link.

I had a video all set to put in for a demo then neglected to put it in, but now it is in there.

My apologies. Still waking up from my holiday hangover.

giphy.gif

No worries, Bats! Thanks for the speedy update. ^^

I'm going to go do some raises now!

80 added to the cause today!

Love me some grands battements... whatever we call them!

Did some straddles and pigeons too, though that's part of my everyday routine.....

I WILL CHALLENGE SOMEONE TO A SECONDS-OF-PANCAKES COMPETITION, HOWEVER.  IS ANYONE GAME?

• Like 2

If getting my elbows on the ground is good enough, I'm game! Thats as far as I can go down right now... haha! Better than 10 weeks ago, that's for sure.

- Sent from my magic Navi-powered device!

• Like 1

If getting my elbows on the ground is good enough, I'm game! Thats as far as I can go down right now... haha! Better than 10 weeks ago, that's for sure.

Of course it counts!!!  Every day a little lower!  Best advice: when you get into what you think is your deepest stretch, force your muscles to relax, take a deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep breath, then as you release the breath, let yourself sink just a bit deeper.  Repeat 2-3 times, you'll be on the floor in no time!!!

But I'll start counting seconds today if you feel like having that side competition~! ^_^

• Like 2

Voops...meant to do this last night and got too caught up in Christmas gift making to remember.  Not something I can do at work unless I want to split my dress in two :o

Quick question though (And forgive me if this has been addressed, I looked through the posts and didn't see): are we counting each leg as one lift or one on each leg = one rep? Thanks

• Like 1

Let's do it! 20 seconds at elbow height today during yoga. 10 more leg raises too. Raaaaaawwwwrrrrrr!!

120 seconds chest-to-floor in 4 sessions.  Felt good!

Also spent awhile in front splits today.  No leg raises, but going strong!