Broken Chromaggia Tries Again

I failed the last 6 weeks challenge after pushing too hard. I ended up badly injuring my self and was out of action for close to a month. The problem is that I'm broken from a medical event (mentally and physically) but since it wasn't something "real" like a car accident I find it really hard to go easy on myself or accept how weak I really am. Mostly I get very angry and frustrated with myself that I can't walk more than 5 miles without being ill for weeks, heck I can't even walk 2 miles every day without it have a negative impact. I see all you awesome people doing all these amazing things and I can't even walk far enough to get to the gym, let alone use it.

I've had to skip the current 6 week challenge as I had surgery right at the start of it and my physiotherapist has banned me from anything more strenuous than flexing my legs until the new year. But I do so desperately want to do something that might improve my situation, so I'm respawning (wish I could reset my health bar) and I'm going to commit to 30 days of fruit for breakfast. It's not much, but it's all I can really control in my life at the moment. Hopefully someone will be getting me the Nerd Fitness Academy for Yule :)

• Like 3

Level 1 -::- Nome Face-Dancer -::- Wannabe Druid

STR 2 | STA 2.9 | DEX 0.3 | CON 0 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Challenge

80 miles in 6 weeks

0%
0%

Lose 20lb (200lb starting weight)

75%
75%
"Believe in yourself. You are an ancient, absent god, discussed only rarely by literary scholars. So if you don't believe, no-one will."

Sometimes we need baby steps. ... that's ok. ..

Take them now. ... and later (sooner than you realize) you'll be running

• Like 1

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Yes, but if you ask all the awesome people doing amazing things like running half marathons and marathons, destroying powerlifting competitions or climbing mountains where they started....I bet you'd be surprised! One step at a time, gradual changes will be the best at integrating who you are into the person you want to be, it's a process everyone has to go through. Some just have to be a little tougher than others to get through it and in turn become tougher themselves :D 

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both

Hey hey! Next 6 week challenge starts Jan 5. How have you been doing? Do you have a battle log where we can keep up with you in the interrim?

- Sent from my magic Navi-powered device!

• Like 1

Brain-Building Assassin, a.k.a Radical Domestic Jill-of-All-Trades

Battle Log | Challenges: Current |18 |17 |16 |15 |14 |13 |12 |11 |109 | 87 | 65432 | 1  

Isaiah 40:30-31

My surgical recovery is still kicking my butt at the moment but my physio thinks I might be able to go on the hospital gym equipment at my next appointment (current training is standing on one leg so I doubt it'll be anything very taxing). Exciting! My husband also got me a fitbit for Yule, it'll be nice to have a material way of measuring progress since I'm not really seeing it physically.

Will definitely be joining the next six week challenge. No battlelog yet, can I use myfitnesspal?

• Like 2

Challenge

80 miles in 6 weeks

0%
0%

75%
75%
"Believe in yourself. You are an ancient, absent god, discussed only rarely by literary scholars. So if you don't believe, no-one will."

Just make sure your surgery isn't covered under anything with the GeneCo name. If it's not GeneCo, you're good to go! :D

::sheepish look:: Heh, sorry. It's just...your name...

• Like 1

Calorie Counting/ Nutrition Tracking for a year on MyFitnessPal+Fitbit One (365 days = .27% per day, Day 74):

19.98%
19.98%

New Year's Resolution - Healthy Weight/BMI for Summer (June 1st, Get to about 130 lbs/22 BMI approx. in 152 days/21 weeks starting from 153 lbs = 4.35% per pound, currently 142):

47.85%
47.85%

Graduate Culinary School {20% per section: F.O.H. ( A ), Hot Foods ( C ), Garde Manger [Cold Foods], Bakeshop, Test}     Passed Certifications: ServSafe, Management

40%
40%

Fitbit, MyFitnessPal

Intro  Challenges: 1 2 Reset 3

Hahahahaha! If GeneCo were real I'd be 100% made of artificial parts by now :) I keep up with my zydrate payments though

Challenge

80 miles in 6 weeks

0%
0%

75%
75%