Respawn after Fibromyalgia Diagnosis & New Job

In March I received my Fibromyalgia diagnosis, after two years of widespread muscle pain and spasms I finally got an answer to the cause. There are three medications that can be prescribed, but they only treat one of the symptoms, and the side effects are brutal. At this point, I'm declining the medication. The only "treatment" is to clean up my diet and exercise - I just have to do it. The irony is that my muscle pain increased significantly when I lost 50 pounds, oh the irony.

In May I started my new job. I went from a relatively stress-free job into chaos, this hasn't helped my diet or exercise.

So now in December, on National Respawn Day, I am making a commitment to my health. I am 25 years old, I need my health as Fibromyalgia tends to get worse over time. Plus I also have a few pounds that need to vanish.

Tonight, I am going to yoga. Tomorrow, maybe Zumba. Thursday, maybe Fit Camp Circuit Training. My new strategy is to take one day at a time - to push myself, but not destroy myself.

Best of luck to all the respawns.

Aalis

• Like 1

Aalis - Human Adventurer

Level: 0 Strength: 0 Dexterity: 0 Stamina: 0 Constitution: 0 Wisdom: 0 Charisma: 0

Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible," St. Francis of Assisi.

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about a year before finding out that I also have lupus. I hear you on the medications - I'm still trying to find a combination that helps one thing without wrecking another. It's sort of cruel that we need to exercise to make the fibromyalgia ease up, but the fibromyalgia makes it so hard to exercise. So, yeah, just wanted to say that I completely understand how frustrating it is. Best of luck.

• Like 1

Level 2 Dwarf Scout

STR 0 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 3 | WIS 4 | CHA 0

Twitter | Instagram

Past Challenges: 1

Which meds were they suggesting?  My wife was diagnosed with fibro a few years ago and she's had very good results with minimal negative side effects from lyrica for the excessive pain nerve firing. She's also on plaquinel (?) for the joint pain and stiffness (more from the associated arthritis). 

My mom has Fibro and the medications are definitely brutal. When she was going through a rough period she started seeing a chiropractor and that seemed to help a lot. Just be kind to yourself, and give yourself a break on bad days. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Level 8 Princess Ranger

Current Challenge: Firedance Befriends a Dragon | Epic Quest