I'm laying there on the ground dead. I've been dead for over a year now, and I haven't been able to use my resurrection scroll to get myself up. Is there a a priest out there willing to come rez me? 

What feels terrible is I read those emails Steve sends out, I get excited about starting over, and then I get a Starbucks coffee, or go get tacos for lunch, and stop by Chick-fil-a for dinner on the way home. I get on the scale and see that I've gained 10 pounds since last year, I put on my favorite pair of pants and realize I cannot even zip it up, and then I get depressed and do nothing about it! I used to be so active around here, so determined to get fit and healthy, and then it just stopped. It makes me feel dumb since I know what I can do to make it better, but for some reason I just don't do it! But I really want to do it! I really want to hike a mountain without feeling like I am going to pass out, I want to run a 5k with friends or bike across town without gasping for air and cramping for days, I want to live!

I think I am ready to start over. I want to celebrate my 30th birthday in three years with a new me. I want to go to sleep happy and wake up energetic. I want to be the person who I feel that I am. 

I had a soda last night (those tiny coke cans, which are new to me). The last time I had a soda was about two weeks ago, and before that probably another couple of weeks. I've been able to replace that with mostly water or tea, with the occasional coffee here and there (loaded with sugar, of course). I need to eat more veggies and meat - I need to cook at home!! I need to get off my bum and to the grocery store. I miss you guys.

• Like 1

Niwa no niwa ni wa, niwa no niwatori wa niwaka ni wani wo tabeta.

Darn you for stealing my topic title idea!   :playful:

I'm in the same boat here.  I love to cook, but that includes sweets, fried things, etc.  Anytime I see a TV chef cook something that looks great I get it in my head to make it too!  I also love making desserts for the holidays (stupid sweet potato pie)!  I've been trying to rez myself for the last year or more.  I was down about 15 pounds and those bad foods were a thing of the past.  My immediate goal is to get the food situation under control and quit eating so much crap.

We make the time to cook healthy at home!!

What helps me cooking at home, is that you have a great control over everything. I personally find cooking relaxing and enjoyable. If you don't, perhaps look into foods that are quick and healthy. Crockpots are great for that sort of thing. It appears we're the same age, and that big 3-0 is looming more than I thought it would. I, too, need to get into shape before I hit that point.

Kareesh

Halfling | Rebel

[Level: 1]

Current Challenge