I get knocked down, and I get up again

Probably someone has used this song already lol

Was so happy to see the respawn board in this AM's facebook post, cause if anyone's in need of an Angel's Wing, its me. Last December 9, I had a massive breakdown. Six months past that has been me on disability. Six months up to now is me on severance. 

This is what happens when you very much ignore what the 'verse, common sense, and everything else tells you, and regardless of it all stay in a career which had already triggered a breakdown so bad the work counselor walked me to the hospital.

So, to make a long story short (too late), I've not been getting out of bed lots, and I've been ordering food in. Now - strength and stamina are at complete LOW, I've got back and hip pain due to injured hip flexors that I can't fix without the exercise, and its not that I have not tried to improve diet and exercise this past year, its that I don't think I had any faith that I could or should fix this.

Of course, one doesn't survive this sort of breakdown twice without tenacity. I didn't heal this far to give up. I refuse to go back to hell. SO I've signed up for a Jurassic Park run May 23 - which is pretty much enhanced tag with dinos and nerf guns. The win/lose thing isn't paramount cause if you're a survivor one round you'll be a dino the next. (This is good for me cause I prefer play to competition)

I have the Zombies Run 5K app, which is 8 weeks. After that comes normal Zombies Run which I've had for a while. I have a Planet Fitness three doors down from me and an active membership. I have Nerd Fitness. Cause really - without yall, I wouldn't even believe it was possible to get to a point where I would be running, cause I have never been able to run. Now, I've got the strategic planning down in my head to the point where I can go -- OK, the first two weeks I can make these small changes, and then see where I am and what new changes I can make, and where to push harder and where to change tactics.

I don't really have to believe that this is possible. NF has already proven it possible. I have to believe that I can do it. Which is a litle trickier.

But if you grew up on action movies like I did - you watch and go -- if it were me, could I make it? If it came down to survival, if it was life or death - could I make it?

I've always wanted to know the answer to that.

• Like 1

Level 2 Assassin: STR: 5 | DEX: 4 | STA: 4 | CON: 1 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 4.5

Challenge: The Raptors are Coming

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.

Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.