quit camping my spawn point, life!

This is the exact article I needed!  For months I've been trying to respawn but so many things just keep getting in the way.  I had a gym schedule crammed in between work and picking up the baby from daycare, but nope!  Now I need to work later and get the baby right after work.  I keep planning on getting bad eating under control but with stress at home trying to sell the house and possibly move, plus the holidays it's easier to get food to go or it feels good to have that comfort food (darn you pie and ice cream)!  

Life just keeps camping my spawn point.

I recently took a survey of myself and one of my biggest strengths is sustained focus on a task.  Once I get going on a task for work or on the computer or at home I find it easy to keep working at it until I'm finished.  Of course the same survey told me that my biggest weakness was task initiation.  That explains a lot.  

So I guess I need help with initiating my respawn and maybe some tips on keeping the campers at bay.

• Like 1

/casts Rebirth

UGH, stupid campers!  I feel your pain.  Doesn't it feel like they never go away??

Holidays + stress = really hard time to stay on track.  I feel you on the busy schedule and stress thing, it's hard to find time for yourself when it feels like you're trying to juggle everything else.  Baby steps - start with something small like packing your own lunches for work, or a challenge to drink more water every day, or something similar.  I tried to do too much too fast with my first challenge on NF and quickly learned that slow and steady is the way to win the race... :)

Good luck!!

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Baby steps - start with something small like packing your own lunches for work, or a challenge to drink more water every day, or something similar. I tried to do too much too fast with my first challenge on NF and quickly learned that slow and steady is the way to win the race...

Ditto that! If you look to make small changes it will be easier to initiate, easier to build a habit, and less likely to fall later - because of the habit you've built and because it doesn't seem like a big deal. But the little things add up! I had crash diet and lost 20 pounds... weight that just crept back on. But cutting out sodas stuck, as did drinking my coffee without sugar. Little things, but big wins!

Current challenge: Draco Used to Be an Adventurer Like You....

Previous challenge: Draco Returns for a New Adventure

Level 3 Half-Elf Adventurer

6.25 STR | 4 DEX | 6 STA | 4.5 CON | 5.5 WIS | 4.5 CHA

“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.â€

― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Mind you, those are habits that have stick for YEARS now, and I don't really think about them any more.

Current challenge: Draco Used to Be an Adventurer Like You....

Previous challenge: Draco Returns for a New Adventure

Level 3 Half-Elf Adventurer

6.25 STR | 4 DEX | 6 STA | 4.5 CON | 5.5 WIS | 4.5 CHA

“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.â€

― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

I actually started a small step this week that I hope sticks.  I bought a bunch of frozen fruits and I've been doing smoothies all week for breakfast.  It's really easy to set up the blender and stick it in the fridge the night before so I don't have to worry about what's for breakfast.  I've also been setting the coffee maker at night so if I'm in a rush at least I have a smoothie and coffee, so no chance of a fast food breakfast!  

I've been able to keep several of my good habits for years as well, Draco - I only drink water and coffee (unsweetened).  I'll see how my smoothie thing works out this week and I'll add something else small next week.

Thanks for the support!

• Like 1

SpartanDad,

I really appreciated and commiserated with your spawn point being camped.  Life gets in the way of awesome sometimes.  It's great to read that you've already started those few small changes, congratulations! Now kick that "stickwithitness" into high gear and git 'er done!

Cheers to you on your goal setting and future successes, I can't wait to hear more!

~Kunoichi22

To Battle!*                                                                

~Kunoichi22

* Battle: slaying our RL demons one 6-wk challenge at a time.

My 6-wk challenges:  1   2

"Sleep is the best meditation." ~Dalai Lama