Draco - rez please! - some lessons learned, many to go....

Here we go again.

Former 6-week challenger, fallen off the bandwagon.

On-and-off runner, sometimes closing in on 10K... but never exercising with consistancy.

"Skinny-fat" accountant who has made some changes but has a LONG way to go.

I've made SOME progress in the time since I first joined NF... about two years ago?  Three?  Yikes!

But consistancy has ALWAYS been a problem for me.  I go for things hard and strong, burn out, and am left back where I started.  Repeatedly.  Year after year after....

Running?  Worked up to a 5K many times over the years, pushed too hard and injured myself or caught a cold and dropped running altogether, and... stopped.

Strength training?  I had been doing sets of 10 pull ups at one point.  Today I can't do one.  Pushups?  I've worked my way back UP to a set of four!

Food?  Over the years the ltitle changes have stuck, the big ones have not.  I eat like a pig, constantly.  And drink enough coffee to kill a horse.  But I'm down from 5-ish sodas a day to zero (maybe once a month or so as a treat).  No sugar in my coffee (except for rare occasions), and chomping trail mix or pretzels instead of candy.  It's a start.... but I've also gained 17 lbs in the past two years, so....

I have lots of areas to work on but am seeing some progress in my life:

- soda, candy and sugar-in-coffee practically eliminated from my diet

- converted my desk to a standing workstation at work

- running 2-3 times a week, but not particularly consistantly

- signed up for Endomondo so I can track my runs and post to Facebook for some encouragement

And I've started various other things and just not stuck with them.

Then I saw today's NF blog post in my email.  And I realized:  I need a rez... and some encouragement... and I know where I can find them.  You guys have never let me down, and I've only failed when I walk away from my NF teammates.  So here we go again!  REZ PLEASE!

How will I move forward?

- I will seek community and encouragement where ever I can: facebook, endomondo, NF...

- I will commit to regular workouts (setting phone reminders to run 4x/week and do BASIC minimal bodyweight exercises 6 days a week)

- and I will make one small diet change, since it's the small changes that serm to stick!  I commit to making one veggie snack every day to bring to work

Current challenge: Draco Used to Be an Adventurer Like You....

Previous challenge: Draco Returns for a New Adventure

Level 3 Half-Elf Adventurer

6.25 STR | 4 DEX | 6 STA | 4.5 CON | 5.5 WIS | 4.5 CHA

“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.â€

― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Ran 2.63 miles today, forgot to pack veggies but at least I have some fruit. No bodyweight training yet.

Does anyone on here use Endomondo?

Current challenge: Draco Used to Be an Adventurer Like You....

Previous challenge: Draco Returns for a New Adventure

Level 3 Half-Elf Adventurer

6.25 STR | 4 DEX | 6 STA | 4.5 CON | 5.5 WIS | 4.5 CHA

“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.â€

― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland