Last year (July to Dec 2014) I took getting into shape pretty seriously.  I have a simple home-gym (bench, barbells and dumbbells), and did some walking and jogging.  Taking things slowly and cutting out starchy carbs and alcohol I lost over 20 pounds, and actually was below my "imaginary" Target Weight (154 lbs/70 kg/11 stone). Though I dropped two inches from my waistline, my gut resisted.

Then the crash:  Work became impossible; stress-levels rose to near heart-attack level, my lower back was aching, and I was always starving. Instead of morning walks, it was straight to the desk; and in the evenings, crash with a glass of wine.

It's now been 10 months of doing nothing, and I need the Re-Start!

So I'm going to try the "20-Minute Hotel Room Work-Out".

But at 55 I realise I've got to modify, so my schedule will be a 3-day cycle Early Morning: Work-Out, Walk, Off-Day (repeat).

Diet?  I'm not going to go overboard.  I already eat a fair share of vegetables and limited starchy carbs, but the evening glass of wine has got to go.

I'm still not over weight [male, 160 lbs/73kg; 6'1"/185cm], but I've got about 15 lbs of fat at my belt!

Ideal?  to lose the fat without losing weight.

I've never been strong, especially in the upper body, so reps & sets will be based straight out of the book, that is, the book of my own body, taking things slowly enough to see how I feel, and yet keeping the eyes on progression.

It's December 2nd -- 30 days brings me to the New Year.

"Ya gotta start somewhere", so it's time to give my glutes a re-kick  ;-)

• Like 1