Afraid to fail, yet I practice all the time

Derailed. Went off my schedule and then it all went down hill. I'm not going to lie, there was ice cream. And negative self talk. Week 2=fail Week 3=fail. No more! I keep doing the same things and expecting change! I keep have the same thought pattern and expecting different outcomes! I look at pictures of fit people and how I want to look and instead of feeling inspired and motivated, I feel depressed, resentful and jealous! No more! I have seen my body change and I know what I am capable of! Why, when we're afraid of failing, do we give up, which in turn, is failing!? I love a clean house. Seeing clutter and dirt bothers me, but then I get overwhelmed and ignore it instead of attacking it. I need to change. I need to grab the life I want to live. I keep expecting change to come to me instead of reigning it in myself. Today I vow to stick with the eating guidlines I set up for myself. I almost gave in before the day even started. I almost said, "eh, what's one more day of poor eating? I'll start tomorrow, today I'll treat myself." I have to stop thinking of poor eating as a 'treat' It's a trap!! It's not just one more day of treat eating, it's 27 years of bad eating, which is why I am where I am!! Everyday I need to renew my ambition and say, "I am worth it!" I'm sick of not feeling good enough. My goal is not to lose weight or even a pants size. Don't get me wrong, I won't be upset if I do lose weight. My goal is to be as fit and healthy as I can be. That's mental as well as physical. I want to be proud when I look in the mirror. I want to see me and not a jiggle or a roll, though they may be present. I want to look at my house and be proud, not disgusted. No more will there be a promise of tomorrow for productivity. It's today or nothing. It's today or nothing and nothing is not accetable!

I didn't really mean to rant, but I've been far too lenient on myself and let myself get lazy, when that's not how I want to be. I haven't posted for a few days because I was ashamed. I love seeing other people's gains and accomplishments, but I couldn't stand to look at them for a while because I was ashamed and embarrassed and I let it slide. Today I am going to clean. Today I am going to exercise for at least 20 minutes. Today I will be nice to myself. Today I will be proud. No more setting goals just to ignore them. 2015 will be my year and it starts now.

I actually posted this in my challenge thread on Sunday. Then I read the email this morning and said "Aha! I respawned and I didn't even know it!" Respawning is such an awesome way to think of it and I find it very empowering! It's three days into my 'next life' and the baddie hasn't killed me yet!

• Like 1

Valkyrie Grace

Gatherer of Souls

Battlelog

Current Challenge

Thanks Moxie! It's a terrible feeling, isn't it? *hugs*

I've started cleaning in 20 minute increments, just attacking one portion of any room. Most times I get into it and spend way more than just 20mins! I find it help to just look at, say, one section of my counter, and not the whole kitchen. Tunnel vision, for the win!

• Like 1

Valkyrie Grace

Gatherer of Souls

Battlelog

Current Challenge

Aw, I'm glad you're here ChristArtist! It's awesome knowing there are people who know exactly how you're feeling and what you're going through. I haven't read any of your posts (yet!) but I'm sure you've made some good choices along the way! I think a good idea is a brag book. All our accomplishments and good choices go in the brag book, no negativity! I a nice something to read through when we're feeling down.

Valkyrie Grace

Gatherer of Souls

Battlelog

Current Challenge