Respawn - Kitchen KO

OK three months in and progress is slow slow slow, barely any fat loss over my tiny growing muscles, which are probably protein starved.

My eating habits have been hardest hit, especially over the holidays. Last year I put ten pounds on between Halloween and New Year's (eek),  must avoid that again.

So - new challenge!  Inspired by my Cook Serve Delicious game addiction I am going to turn my focus on FOOD (cause lets face it - food's awesome it shouldn't be a source of fail!)

Step 1:  Develop diabolical plan for total kitchen domination using cheap, mostly pre-prepped (but healthy!) foods and Zen approach to utensil use to reduce cleanup time

Step 2: Create 30 day challenge focused on food WITHOUT worrying about exercise goals at the same time (after achieving Bruce Lee hood)

Step 3: Include DESSERTS in all above plans - because if I don't choose my bosses I will fail any random ones that come my way

Step 4: Start online log of all progress/failures to ensure accountability and keep better track of my eating and cooking habits

Step 5:  Upon failure or obstacle stop, review, and go through steps again using different plan (Pinky and the Brain style yo)

Further to above I will use my social/+3 charisma to work harder on enlisting the support of friends and to laugh in the face of ridicule at my early attempts at cooking veggies.

Tally Ho! 

"For all your days be prepared, and meet them ever alike.  When you are the anvil, bear - when you are the hammer, strike.". - Edward Markham

i think that's a great strategy. especially the preprep part.

you can actually get plenty of veg for a stir fry in a grocery store salad bar if time/convenience are key.

or instead of chick/turkey slices at deli you can get a half inch thick piece and dice for salads. 

so one dish - plus salad is key to you yes for easy clean up?  how do you feel about soup? cook once, eat all week etc. 

I cheat a lot on prep / Trader Joe's has a ton of pre cut veggies, fresh or frozen, and even has frozen garlic cubes and pre diced onion in a re-sealable bag (that's my favorite - I hate dicing onions!)

The deli meat is s good idea, I've chopped sausages and salami up but they get really salty.  I know big soups/crock-pot recipes yield a lot but I'm bad about cooking on the weekends, which is why I need to plan better. 

Soup is definitely looking better with winter!  My friend posts photos of frozen crock mixes where she chops, seasons, and freezes a whole bunch of stew ingredients in gallon freezer bags and then just dumps them in her crock pot each week to heat for dinner.  She says it reduces her veggie rot and she's got pre made meals ready to go, which looks really easy I've wanted to try it out.

"For all your days be prepared, and meet them ever alike.  When you are the anvil, bear - when you are the hammer, strike.". - Edward Markham