Add one more to the respawning group!

I've come to realize that there is something about this time of year that I need a reboot.  The last year I went through something very similar and I think part of it is that Seasonal Disorder.  I used to think the idea of that was a joke but apparently the joke is on me because the similarities are well just too similar.

Last year I had my last race of the season September 20th and then just quit exercising altogether until the following year.  This year I had my last race of the season in September as well and I'm determined to not let the same thing happen.

I know for a fact that when I get the blahs and just don't feel like exercising (and my consistency has been for crap since that last race) I need to get out and fight it at the source and it will get better.  I know I need to remember that exercising does help when I get like this and I've also been told that the Vitamin D or whatever from sunlight helps.  Crazy how the one thing that helps is the one thing you just feel so UGH about doing.  Then the fact that part of the reason I have the blahs is because I have dropped off with consistent exercise.  Its like a cycle of UGH LOL.

I have things in place to motivate me already.  I have 2 mud runs lined up one in May and one in July.  I have photographs I want to have done sometime in April.  So I need to get back to it.

My garage is a mess right now.  Its usually where I work out.  My husband has jeep parts all over my workout area right now with the promise that he is going to clean it up this weekend.

Things cannot change without me making actual changes though.  I have a meal plan and I am going to do some pre-cooking to get that in place.  I am also going to check out Planet Fitness tomorrow.  I may or may not decide to join.  I have literally heard a mixed bag of things about that place.  I like the $10 cost and if it can get me working out when the garage area is a mess then would be good.  I may just have to wait to do deadlifts until I'm home and that is ok.  We also have a Gold's Gym nearby but the cost is much, much more than I'm looking to deal with.  So that is the news in my neck of the woods.  I am also going to work on staying more connected through the forums...if not on here then on the Academy pages. 

A few  things that help me with S.A,D is a light box, vitamin D, and making myself spend at least 10 minutes outside. I have my breakfast and read in the morning with my light box pointed at me. I try and go for a walk in the morning, or at least in the afternoon. Even if it is just a short walk, just to spend a few minutes outside. 

Good luck in dealing with winter.

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

A few things that help me with S.A,D is a light box, vitamin D, and making myself spend at least 10 minutes outside. I have my breakfast and read in the morning with my light box pointed at me. I try and go for a walk in the morning, or at least in the afternoon. Even if it is just a short walk, just to spend a few minutes outside.

Good luck in dealing with winter.

I second this. Not loving the Scottish winter, but going for a walk every day during the daylight really helps. And it's the last thing I feel like doing. But I made it part of my first challenge because it works. Going to look into the lightboxes as well, I've heard numerous good reports about them.

Happy Respawning! :)

Half-Orc / Level 4 / Assassin

STR - 3 DEX - 1 STA - 4 CON - 13.5 WIS - 3 CHA - 6

Twitter: @hybrid756

CURRENT CHALLENGE

Challenge wrap up! April 12 - May 24 2015!
Challenge 1

Bf% - from 50% to 20%

21%
21%