Carsomyr's 28-day challenge

Carsomyr

All pumped up now so lets commit while I'm optimistic.

Goal 1 : Get into the top of the healthy weight range.

I'm currently at 95kg and I need to get down to 90 to stop counting as overweight. Managed to knock that much down in 4 weeks earlier this year, so its possible.

Goal 2 : Be able to do 100 push-ups in one go. (Abandoned)

Maybe its silly, but I'm currently trying to complete the program at http://hundredpushups.com/ and I'm started week 3 today. In theory that means I should manage this one at the end of the challenge, but we'll see.

New Goal 2: Complete three circuits of Steve's Beginner Bodyweight Circuit

Goal 3 : Plan my meals better.

Currently I feel like crashing about mid-morning and mid-afternoon, so I need to change eating habits to get a more constant energy level in the day. Managed to get this while hiking, but I need to figure out a plan that's a bit cheaper than what I ended up spending on food for that.

Took a pick tonight (Its currently 8pm on the 21st here), but I think I'll keep it for myself for now. Going to be nice to compare it to a photo at the end and see if there's an improvement.

Half-Ogre Monk Initiate

Level 0

My challenges : Level 1 Challenge

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination - Way of Kings

Progress report

Day 1 (Yesterday)

Push-ups: 12-17-13-13-17 (Hard, as I skipped strength training last week)

Squats: 8-8-5-5-13

~20 mins light interval training (6.5km/h base, 7.5 km/h for effort)

Didn't get enough water during the day and didn't have anything between meals, so felt pretty lethargic after work. Still managed to get the exercise done.

Day 2 (Today)

5 Mins warmup on treadmill

10 mins incline interval training (6km/h base, 7km/h intervals)

10 mins flat interval training (6.5km/h base, between 7.5 and 8.5 km/h for intervals)

Also did a 2km walk over lunch in just over 20 mins, to get some fresh air. Link

Really need to pack a decent snack for morning as a 6 hour gap is too long between breakfast and lunch and I start to fade around 10am. Managed to drink more water and keep my afternoon snack (Apple + Banana) for an actual snack, so that helped.

Going to check weight tomorrow, so we'll see how thing have gone so far :)

Half-Ogre Monk Initiate

Level 0

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination - Way of Kings

Day 3 and things are going ok.

Weighed this morning and at 94.5kg, so making progress there.

Didn't get to go for a walk over lunch, but got exercise done after work at least.

Jumped around for a few mins for warmup

Pushups : 14-19-14-14-23 (Feeling a lot better than monday)

Squats : 8-11-8-8-14

Crunches : 5-6-3-5-6 (Ouch)

10min walk at about 6.5 km/h to cool down.

Going really well so far, but I need to get to the shops to get some protein that I can use for snacks, as just fruit isn't quite enough.

Half-Ogre Monk Initiate

Level 0

Day 4

Couldn't find time to exercise due to other commitments. Will replace saturday as rest day with today.

Day 5

Got a 2k walk in over lunch

Warmed up with 1k walk for 9:30 min

Pushups : 16-21-15-15-21 (Barely made the last set as right arm was cramping due to shooting practice yesterday)

Squats : 11-13-10-10-15 (These were WAY harder than earlier this week)

Crunches : 6-7-6-6-8 (Ouch)

Cooldown up with 1k walk for 9:30 min

The exercise routine is still difficult, which at least means it is working. Going to go shopping tommorow to get supplies to supplement fruit as snacks during the day.

Still need to decide what routine to do tomorrow to make up for resting thursday

Half-Ogre Monk Initiate

Level 0

Weighed in today at 93kg. A big drop from starting weight, but not an abnormal change a week after a hike.

Breakfast: Fried egg, some bacon, slice of seed loaf toast, 1 orange

Morning snack: Guava, Coffee and a rusk

Lunch: Cottage cheese and avo sandwich

Afternoon snack: Banana and small cheese wedge

Dinner: Sweet and sour pork with rice. Sufficient self control to stop before everything was finished.

Snack: Cup of yogurt, naartjie

Exercise for today was varying speed on the treadmill for about 25 mins. Speed was 6.5 km/h for rest periods and 8-8.5km/h for effort. Discovered that trying to walk at 8.6 km/h is really, really hard. Future workouts on the treadmill will have to start running for the high speeds to keep it a challenge.

Weight loss for today means that I'm still on track for the first goal. Test for the second goal (pushups) is next week saturday, so will be able to measure progress then. Happy with overall progress so far.

Half-Ogre Monk Initiate

Level 0

Still trying to take part, but having some difficulties.

Weight today is at 94.7kg, so some steps backwards there.

Tried tracking food eaten for calories for last week, but that seems to have backfired due to unconsciously trying to meet the target numbers that dailyburn suggests.

So for this week, back to what was working previously : No tracking food in detail, just eat slowly and stop when full.

Also my second goal of 100 pushups is going on hold for a while. While the first two weeks of the program went well (before the start of this challenge), the next week and a bit went badly as I got bored with focusing on a single exercise for a day and started adding others. At this point thats a bit much for me (100 pushups program + other exercises), so I am going to try for a more modest goal:

New Goal 2: Get to the point where I can do 3 circuits of Steve's Beginner Bodyweight Circuit.

Here hoping for better luck next week.

Half-Ogre Monk Initiate

Level 0

Day 22 (Yes I missed posting a lot, but I'm not going to try and catch up with those posts)

Didn't have time to weight in today, but will try and remember tomorrow

Warmup 1.2km on treadmill in just under 10 mins

Beginner bodyweight Circuit

Sqauts 20-20-17

Pushups 10-10-10 (Woot!)

Lunges 20-20-20 (Double woot!, but they nearly killed me)

Dumbbell Rows 15-15-15

Plank 30-30-2x30 (Last set was two side planks for 30 secs each)

Jumping Jacks 30-30-30

Foodwise:

Eggs are still FTW for breakfast (+an orange + yoghurt), waayy better than a bowl of muesli :)

Half-Ogre Monk Initiate

Level 0

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines