Renewed Commitment

I've done a few challenges in the past, and always came out better for it. But then I decided I didn't need them anymore...and you know what, my progress didn't budge. I've maintained the same exact weight, and same exact strength for longer than I care to remember. It's time to move forward again.

I just launched a new site dedicated to my new lifestyle commitment, and I'll be posting more in-depth (and hopefully entertaining) posts there. But I will definitely update my progress here as well.

I will also be tracking my progress on DailyBurn as well, so feel free to follow/ping me there!

So, onto my 6-week goals!

Fitness:

• Lose 10 lbs.
  • Increase my Bench Press from 100 lbs to 150 lbs.
  • Increase my Pull-Up from -70 lbs to -30 lbs (i.e. less assistance).

Life:

• Launch my super-simple motivation app in beta, while still finishing my current side-project.

Fail:

• Raise $5000 for my Charity Water campaign!
  • Write a guest blog post for someone cool.

Not much else to say, would rather start doing! Let's kick ass this time!

Goal Scoring

Welp...week 1 wasn't astounding, but it wasn't horrible.

I've pretty much eaten 2 primal meals a day (breakfast and lunch), and tried to do semi-primal for dinner. Some days I succeeded (Taco Bell Fresco Crunchy Tacos), some days I failed horribly (Whataburger Patty Melt with a Milkshake, Pizza with Cheesy Bread and Coke). Also...I didn't get to the gym once! I did help move a piano, and spent nearly 3 hours outside running a dart game. Both of which made me sore the next day. So, I'm gonna rate myself a B-.

Life has been pretty busy with work and my church's Trunk-or-Treat, so I really didn't get as much done as I had hoped on my side project, and I didn't do hardly anything on my motivation app (just got access to League of Legends again and wanted to finish Assassin's Creed Brotherhood). But I did do some, so I'd give myself a C.

Now...onto my fail list. It was pretty bad. I didn't do a single thing to advance either of my goals, so I give myself an F on that.

Fitness: B-

Life: C

Fail: F

So, in order to correct this, I'm planning things out a bit more this week.

Plan of Attack!

First off, my wife has informed me that my health should come first (which I agree, and I'm glad she does too). So, she specifically told me to go work out when I want to work out, even if it means getting home a bit later. So, that's what I'm going to do. I just got back from a pretty good workout, so I'm already ahead of last week :-)

Next, I'm going to plan out some of our dinners since that seems to be the meal I have the most trouble with. Sunday and Wednesday nights are pretty much impossible to plan as someone else usually cooks (church/friends), but all other nights I should be able to plan much better. I have some frozen pork and veggies that we can pull out if I just remember in the morning. Since I'm horrible with remembering things, I'm setting an alarm right now!

Lastly, my fail list needs some major attention. In regards to raising money, I need to actually get the word out that I'm raising money, and why I'd like people to help! It doesn't work very well when the site sits there by itself. So I'm going to work on a short blog post and start spreading the info. Speaking of blog posts, I'm going to sit down and find a few blogs that I'd like to write for. I have a few options already on the table, but I'm going to need some pretty awesome content to convince the owners to let me guest post. So, I need to work on more options, and some kick-ass content!

That's it for me this week. How did your week go?

Well, week 2 was also not as good as I had wanted. Funny thing about wants, they don't happen on their own.

I'm off to a slightly better start this week. As with the last challenge in which I actually lost weight, I've decided to use the Herbalife Shakes again. They are fantastic when your choices are 1) a semi-healthy shake, or 2) a burger from down the street. So, I'm going to keep them handy, and whenever I can't eat primal, I'll have a shake.

Didn't get to the gym today. Left work late and wanted to get home to help my wife watch our niece. Then there was the release of Call of Duty, Modern Warfare 3; which provided some exercise since I stood in line for a while.

All in all though, last week was not very good either.

Giving myself a C- on fitness, a B on life (got some stuff done that I wanted to), and unfortunately still and F on fail. I haven't pushed at it at all. I'd be okay failing if I was trying, but it seems that other things have been more important. I'll do better this week! Keep me accountable :-)

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines