Seeking buddy (or buddies) for the 90lbs weight loss journey!

Hi guys and gals,

I have decided that it is time for me to get serious about losing weight but I don't want this to be solo journey! I want to loss this weight with other people whether in person, over the phone, through email, or possibly even skype. I don't care how much you have to lose but if you want a buddy, I'm looking for one too! I go to school in Fairfax, VA so if you live near here, I would love to meet up with you and if you don't, I still want to hear from you! Hope to hear from someone!

I need about 40lbs to be in a healthier range. Snacking is my downfall, especially if ice cream is involved.

• Like 1

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

I have about 80lbs left to go on my battle against the dark lord Broki.

Down 6lbs this week by the grace of the All Father Brodin.

My original plan was a mix between the high cardio/ body weight workout out from the boxing gym and lifting weights at Anytime Fitness. However my Coach has been pushing me really hard to just go five days a week over there. Honestly I'm kinda considering it. The guy knows what he's doing, he's already told me he wants me to be a dedicated sparring fighter for his gym. He wants me to get down to a cruiser weight, a nice healthy weightclass that won't involve a lot of starving. That of course means he has another motive for me being there. As much as getting punched in the face a bunch sounds appealing, it is something I am really going to have to think about.

• Like 1

Goal 1: To lose 90lbs!

15%
15%

Goal 2: Cut 5 minutes out of my 5k time
0%
0%

Goal 3: Complete the Spartan 300 Plank Challenge
16%
16%

Level: 0

Race: Half Orc

Battle Log Current Challenge

Strength (STR) - 0 Dexterity (DEX) - 0 Stamina (STA) - 0 Constitution (CON) - 0 Wisdom (WIS) - 0 Charisma (CHA) - 0

I wonder if there is a way to make healthier verison of ice cream.

I also have the problem of overeating because I grew up in household where parents kill me if I didn't eat everything on my plate.

SuperSweed, you should do it. You could turn into a huge bad ass from it. I have bit of a bias since I grew up watching boxing and MMA.

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

My Inspiration

My challenge

Instagram

But my face is so pretty...

There are several healthier alternatives to ice cream.

Sorbet is what I enjoy eating the most. Low calories made with real fruit and no dairy. You can also look to frozen yogurt if you really want the density of ice cream. Sorbet is also really cheap to make if you ever manage to get your hands on an ice cream maker.

Small edit: Sherbet should not be confused with Sorbet. Sherbert is horrible for you. Also Gelato is super fatty if you're eating the good stuff.

15%
15%

0%
0%

16%
16%

Strength (STR) - 0 Dexterity (DEX) - 0 Stamina (STA) - 0 Constitution (CON) - 0 Wisdom (WIS) - 0 Charisma (CHA) - 0

What's been working for me is planning my meals for the whole week. Normally, when I try to eat healthy, I buy a bunch of stuff, and then never use half of it. When I plan the meals, I shop just for what I need, and I take the guess work out of it. Super helpful (plus I'm saving money on groceries. :P)

Since food has always been my problem, and I don't actually hate exercise, I just do whatever I feel like doing that day. I'll do anything from playing DDR at home, to going hiking nearby, to body weight exercises. So far, it's been working for me. 

• Like 1

Right on. I'm the same way, exercise isn't that bad but something about cooking my own food gets me every time.

15%
15%

0%
0%

16%
16%

I have been the problem of people in my house throwing out my food on me (since I recently became a vegetarian).

~Paulo Coelho

My Inspiration

My challenge

Instagram