Level 1 N00b Looking For A Good Place To Start

Hi all!

My name is Jay. I'm 5'8", 145lbs and steadily climbing thanks to the holidays and a weakness for pizza. I have been cultivating the 'always wearing an inner-tube' look for a little while now and I'm ready to reduce this belly.

I saw the article about 'National Respawn Day' and it stuck with me. I've been perusing Nerd Fitness since then. I even made the paleo spaghetti and LOVED it! Great recipe! I plan on making the paleo tacos, too!

I've been noticing a lot of advice involving lifting and I would love to, but I have an issue...I have an unfortunate condition known as Kienbock's Disease. Basically, my right hand (dominant hand) is 'handicapped' to where I cannot lift too much (less than 20lbs or so) or do push-ups without pain. I've always considered myself active (even partaking in Commando Krav Maga in past years), but since I found out I had this condition a couple years ago, my activities have waned.

Is there a way I could still follow all the advice I've found on this great site and still participate somehow? Or am I rather stuck?

No matter what, it's great to have found this site and all the sage advice!

There are ways round that I'm certain! Planking only requires elbows and is a great all over conditioning exercise. One legged squats work as well as a bodyweight back squat and you don't have to hold anything in your hands. Or you could squat with a backpack with weights in it? There are people who can do one armed pull ups. I don't know how, but they do. Sprinting uphill can work you all over, I think. Build a program with any of these possible moves, plus all the billions I haven't named yet, make yourself accountable by posting a thread here and get going!!!!

• Like 1

| STR 15 | DEX 14 | STA 14 | CON 10.5 | WIS 11 | CHA 7 | Level 5

Ocelot's Dossier - Battle Log | Springing into my Sixth Challenge!