I highly recommend that if travel and schedule allows you come visit the East Coast for either Palmerton, Wintergreen or Vermont. (or all 3?! :D )

I'm planning out my itinerary for next year and these three are on my list, as long as the dates work - wish they would just post them already. Slates, you'll get sick of passing me on the course by the time Vermont rolls through.

You need to come visit us on the prairie in June, though, too. (Registration is now open for the MN Sprint).

• Like 1

Rebel Scum Current Challenge

Ok...a question for the masses...

Scotland seems to be doing the sprint and a beast in the one weekend....I have passes for two races...do I do this and try and buy a super to get the trifecta in one year...my first year...or is that too much for an overweight beanbag of a human...it is nearly a year of training away?

Definitely go for it! Like Eric and Rurik said, it's meant for all people, not just shirtless podium seeking BRO's (me). I'll be going for my trifecta in my first year as well as I take on the Beast with Eric on Halloween to start to party off right!

Plus, training for an event or something in general is always more fun then just training [emoji106]ðŸ»[emoji123]ðŸ»

Wolf

"Let the Boomstick do the talking."

• Like 1

Wild Wolf

Class: Vigilante/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 178#

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Gotham Project Pt. 2

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Gotham Project: 1

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

I'm planning out my itinerary for next year and these three are on my list, as long as the dates work - wish they would just post them already. Slates, you'll get sick of passing me on the course by the time Vermont rolls through.

You need to come visit us on the prairie in June, though, too. (Registration is now open for the MN Sprint).

Just finished Killington beast yesterday. Today, EVERYTHING HURTS. It was a founders race, which means what? Maybe someone could fill me in as it was my first beast. They seemed to have 2 of everything as well, but this did mean I got to conquer the role climb twice!

Hope to see you there next year. Think you'll hit any sprints or supers on the east coast?

• Like 2

Level 3 wood elf  Class Scout

Challenges: 1, 2, Current

STR 5 | DEX 3 | STA 8 | CON 3 | WIS 2 | CHA 3

Just finished Killington beast yesterday. Today, EVERYTHING HURTS. It was a founders race, which means what? Maybe someone could fill me in as it was my first beast. They seemed to have 2 of everything as well, but this did mean I got to conquer the role climb twice!

Hope to see you there next year. Think you'll hit any sprints or supers on the east coast?

I'd love to hear you share your experiences on the Spartan Beast and read any review of the course you have to offer.  Having my sights set on one for next year, it'd be great to have as much information and as many perspectives on it as possible.

[Level ??] Half-orc Witcher (Blood Hunter/Ranger)

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Equipment: Vanquisher's Leathers, Gridle & War Shroud, Howling War Axe (rare), Adventurer's pack & alchemy kit.

Total experience earned to date:  0 / 5000 XP

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Where were you?!?!?! I had an absolute blast. I got to wait on my group here and there so I bounced around handing mustard packets out. If you saw a bouncy blonde in black and lime green socks cursing every few minutes then you passed me :D 

Founders race means they went back to their roots. Notice almost no man-made obstacles (the big metal rope climb, rig, lots of log carries, using terrain against you). More original obstacles than newer ones. 

• Like 3

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both

I want to run a Founder's so badly.  Hopefully Montana 2016 ends up being one, or I might have to *gasp* travel further.

• Like 1

Equipment: Vanquisher's Leathers, Gridle & War Shroud, Howling War Axe (rare), Adventurer's pack & alchemy kit.

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

So far I am planning on Vegas, Montana, Minnesota, Chicago and then the Big Three: Palmerton, Wintergreen, Killington. That likely leaves me a Beast short of a 3xTrifecta. Someone find me another.

Where were you?!?!?! I had an absolute blast. I got to wait on my group here and there so I bounced around handing mustard packets out. If you saw a bouncy blonde in black and lime green socks cursing every few minutes then you passed me :D

Founders race means they went back to their roots. Notice almost no man-made obstacles (the big metal rope climb, rig, lots of log carries, using terrain against you). More original obstacles than newer ones. 

Cursing every few minutes. You will fit in ~so~ well with our group.

I want to run a Founder's so badly.  Hopefully Montana 2016 ends up being one, or I might have to *gasp* travel further.

Montana has been a Founder's course since they started. I'd be surprised if it wasn't. But you should still travel. Palmerton, Wintergreen, Killington... 

• Like 2

Everyone is actually in an uproar about this calling founders races 'cheapo' races. 1 rig, LOTS of carries, everyone said it was cheap because all the good stuff went to Worlds already. Who knows. People love to complain and it's always 'last year was SO much harder'. I'm actually a little fearful for VT next year because knowing Norm he's going to laugh as he makes some kind of hell 1/2 the racers can't finish. 

Also, I went to sign up for Palmerton, VA and VT with my codes for next year- VT and VA are in the coming soon stages.....I don't see PA anywhere :( :( :( I hope they didn't lose the venue!

• Like 1

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

Our group is STRONGLY considering running the UltraBeast on Sunday next year. That being said if I can up my training, I may enlist in the crazy club of kids I met this year at VT who ran the Beast on Sat and UltraBeast on Sunday. 

The pacer of the group also described running with me as 'It was like running with a person with Tourettes because you'd run along and hear this string of cursing, I'd ask if she was ok and she'd respond 'yep!!' all sweet and bubbly'

• Like 1

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

So far I am planning on Vegas, Montana, Minnesota, Chicago and then the Big Three: Palmerton, Wintergreen, Killington. That likely leaves me a Beast short of a 3xTrifecta. Someone find me another.

Montana has been a Founder's course since they started. I'd be surprised if it wasn't. But you should still travel. Palmerton, Wintergreen, Killington...

I think there is a beast in new jersey. They list one in western mass for pre reg every year but they have yet to actually do it.

Our group is STRONGLY considering running the UltraBeast on Sunday next year. That being said if I can up my training, I may enlist in the crazy club of kids I met this year at VT who ran the Beast on Sat and UltraBeast on Sunday.

The pacer of the group also described running with me as 'It was like running with a person with Tourettes because you'd run along and hear this string of cursing, I'd ask if she was ok and she'd respond 'yep!!' all sweet and bubbly'

A few on my team are thinking hurricane heat, beast and ultra beast. Not sure if I'm up for that yet
  • Like 1

Our group has started an Ultra Beast "Blood Pact" for 2017. If I can finish Killington in around seven hours next year, I'm in.

• Like 1

I'm seriously considering the UltraBeast next year, I'm just not 100% sure I'll be able to get enough training in time. Maybe I'll do the local UB next summer, see how that goes and then make a decision. Based on last year, I ran Vermont in 75% longer than the local Beast, so if I can finish the local UB in 9 hours or less, I should give it a shot. Hmmm, and when I put it that way, it seems totally doable ....

I see the slowest finishers in Vermont were a little over 15 hours. That's a long day, but on the other had, you can cover a lot of ground in 15 hours.

• Like 2

Quirky DM

My Battle Log: QuirkyDM going Quazy

"Success is simply a matter of luck. Ask any failure."

Alright thoughts on Killington (sorry for being late).

For me Killington was hard but a blessing. The hill climbs were unreal, which included 2 full climbs up the mountain plus multiple smaller steep woods climbs. There was 2 of a lot of obstacles, including the spear throw (0 for 4 now) atlas carry, and so many walls to climb over I lost count. There was even 3 barbed wire crawls, all pretty long. The tire drag was uphill and the tires so big it took me a while to get it moving. I nearly puked and fainted doing burpees while starring at the finish line. I found the race challenging, even with only 1 water element.

The one negative to the course was the lack of preparation by the crew. I waited 40 minutes at a water station for water because they were not well stocked up. At the same time I think that's more on the resort crew, as the cause was a lack of water pressure. I think this was unfairly laid on the crew, who have to work with what is given to them. It was nice to see Joe trying to find some way he could alleviate this problem personally, something many at the corporate level of big businesses would never do.

I may be tempted to join you for that. I'm training to bust the fastest known time on the presidential traverse anyways, why not keep the crazy going!
  • Like 1

Well, I was planning on Winnipeg, Saskatoon (provided both reappear next year), and Montana for sure.  But if there's going to be a few nerds running Spartans in Minnesota, I might add that to the list because it's an equivalent drive as that of Montana, and I now have a sporty little commuter car that can handle the drive.

Adding those few more events will likely bring me closer to Trifecta territory too!

• Like 2

2016 is all about the GoRucks and Mud Runs for me! But coming up 10/31/15-The Spartan Beast out here in Texas! WOOT WOOT! I'm so friggin pumped! It'll be my 1st ever race and I think EricMN is still planning his trip down here depending on his ankle, but I couldn't be more excited. 

If Minnesota becomes a big thing, I would find a way to get up there and race with everyone. Killington sounds fun too. Hmm...I need to get out my Spartan Crystal ball and see what I can make happen for next year.

Wolf

• Like 2

Wild Wolf

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Spoiler

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

2016 is all about the GoRucks and Mud Runs for me! But coming up 10/31/15-The Spartan Beast out here in Texas! WOOT WOOT! I'm so friggin pumped! It'll be my 1st ever race and I think EricMN is still planning his trip down here depending on his ankle, but I couldn't be more excited.

If Minnesota becomes a big thing, I would find a way to get up there and race with everyone. Killington sounds fun too. Hmm...I need to get out my Spartan Crystal ball and see what I can make happen for next year.

Wolf

I am booked for Dallas and will have to be unable to walk to not compete.

And Minnesota is always a big thing.

• Like 3

Fine, fine.  See you fellas there!

• Like 2

I am booked for Dallas and will have to be unable to walk to not compete.

You're the man, dude. I'm stoked! I'm planning on being there around 7-7:15 so I have time to warmup and prep. I'll shoot you my cell so you can give me a call when you're there and we can meet up [emoji106]ðŸ»[emoji106]ðŸ».

Wolf

"Let the Boomstick do the talking."

• Like 2

Wild Wolf

Spoiler

Hey guys, so here are the domestic Spartans I'm doing next year...maybe we can meet up: 

NJ Beast, PA Super, VA Super, VT Beast (and UltraBeast), Tahoe Beast

If my bonuses/tax returns line up nicely I"m planning to be in Vegas for World's Toughest Mudder as well. 

OH and guess who has two thumbs and just got across the kiddie monkey bars today....this chick right here. I'll keep on working on transitions and then start practicing skipping rungs since that's about the real distance of the spartan monkey bars. 

Next up on the list, rings! 

• Like 5

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG