• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DrMobius

2 Paleo questions

Question the first: I found an almond crusted tilapia recipie that I'm dying to try but it calls for the fish to be dipped in flour in order to make the crusting stick. Is there a paleo alternative to this?

Question the second: Is increased energy a side effect of going paleo? It might be the walking as well but I'm on day 9 of the paleo diet and I'm noticing a lot less trouble waking up mornings and I seem to have more energy throughout the day even though I've drastically curtailed my caffiene intake.

Some ideas:

Egg wash. Dry fish beforehand. Can be middle coat after a dry coat, before breading.

Potato starch. Gets sticky after heat applied, might work.

Unflavored whey isolate protein. Hard to coat, clumps. Super sticky but will be dry once cooked.

Ground dried Onion gets sticky, burns easy.

Ground dried mushrooms. I've used this ground with salt held to the fish with oil as the crust itself.

Coconut flour. Doesn't get sticky, but soaks up and unbelievable amount of liquid.

Thank you. I'll definitely try these out and if they don't work I might just try the egg wash sans the flour that the recipe calls for and takes my chances. I'll let you all know how it turns out.

When I stay with strict paleo, I also wake up so much easier and sleep better and just generally feel way better. Increased energy is definitely a good side effect in my experience.

I totally agree, only four days in but it is kickin in.  I am doing Paelo with increased water intake and proper excercise (I do bodyweight training and will add some cardio later on) and I feel much healthier !!

I do a crust like this with coconut flour all the time and it works pretty well. (Actually, I usually do Paleo pork tonkatsu with coconut flakes on the outside, but the principle is the same.) First, coat meat/fish in coconut flour, then dip in beaten egg, then pat on your crust to get it to stick.