• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

felixtkatt

Guilds for Dietary Paths?

The guilds as they exist are the classes, which in turn generally describe the types of fitness activities that the rebels are engaging in. However, with 80% of weight loss occurring from dietary changes, it seems to me that it would make sense to have dedicated groups focused around different dietary viewpoints. Paleo, Primal, Keto, Veggie, Vegan, Ovo/Lacto, Pisco, etc, etc, etc.

I know we as a group don't specifically subscribe to one ideology when it comes to diet, but neither to we specifically subscribe to one ideology when it comes to fitness either. Wouldn't it make sense to converse with like-minded individuals regarding dietary choices?

The name of the site is "Nerd Fitness" not "Nerd Dieting", I would assume that's why the guilds are about fitness rather than diet.

There are accountability groups and threads for different diet ideologies if that's what you want.

The name of the site is "Nerd Fitness" not "Nerd Dieting", I would assume that's why the guilds are about fitness rather than diet.

There are accountability groups and threads for different diet ideologies if that's what you want.

Mostly this.

We have Nutrition forums for that exact reason.  And honestly, whatever guild you end up picking is more than likely going to have people who eat similarly to you.  We have a tagging system so that you can even label your threads to try to get people to them easier.  And honestly, when you get down to it, healthy eating is damned similar.  It won't hurt people to simply (and politely) decline certain answers for food with a description of how they eat.

How someone trains has a lot more to do with their fitness goals than how they eat. Diet preferences are just that, preferences. There are elite powerlifters that eat paleo and marathon runners that follow IIFYM. You can get bigger or smaller using any diet strategy if done with just a bit of forethought but you can't get stronger or more conditioned without training specific to your needs.

Dietting is also the land of fanatacism and dogmatic bullshit that ends up not helping anyone. Very few people will have arguments over how best to train. Ask a dozen people if they think a pop-tart is "good" or "bad" for them and watch the fireworks.

There's no guilds for dietary, but atleast there is accountability groups for it. You tend to find quickly people you are friends with tend to have very similar diet to you (or atleast I did).

Pop tarts are bad dor you. Unless you're going through PMS. Then it's dinive!

They're also really good for you when you are training to get bigger and stronger; when carbs, particularly sugars, fuel high volume training.

Like I said, dietary talk is the land of fanatics. The last thing we need is more dietary circlejerking over "clean or die" and "pop-tarts 4 teh winz." I'll see myself out before I break my usual policy any more.

I think every guilds talk about diet. Diet is more than 50% of the work to get fit. You can't eat just brownie toward your ideal fitness.

The thing, too, is that different diet works differently for everyone. My diet has occassional meat, potatoes, veggies, nuts, sugary fruits, and desserts, but the high sugar worked well to give me muscle size and recovery-- some people would tell you to stay away from anything but nuts and veggies. 

I'd say use each six weeks to try out one diet, and if it works for you, stick to it. 

Welcome to Nerd fitness!

• Like 1