Good day and welcome!

I'm Andrea, science nerd at heart (astrophysics, as you probably read) and I'm on a journey to getting into real good shape! 
The cliché says theoretical scientists are not at all sporty or active and I'm here to disprove that! Using the scientific method! And bringing out a paper on it!

Kidding. I'm just gonna work out and kick some ass.

My ultimate goal is to be in damn good shape by the time I graduate (June 2015). I'm currently 138 lbs, 5"2. It's on the edge of ''official overweight'', when relying on BMI, but we all know that's a bit biased, as I work out 4-5 times a week (sometimes more, depending on whether I feel like it) and I'm on a paleo-inspired diet. I still eat dairy for example, but only from goats and sheep as I can't tolerate cow milk D: (I love mozzarella though, damn shame). I have a few minor conditions that make my progress slower, but I'm not going to let those keep me from reaching my goal. To sum them up: hypoglycemia, hypotension, hypothyroidism. You see, everything is 'hypo', except  for my weight ;) I slowly try to lose weight, but even a 1200 kcal diet (+ low-carb, high protein) and 4 days of exercise doesn't make me lose any weight, so I might see a doctor for my thyroid again, as this deeply frustrates me. I just want to lose betwee, 7-12 lbs (of fat, I'd love some nice, big round glutes), is that really too much to ask? :nonchalance:

Anyway, here I'll post what I ate/did daily and how I felt! If you have tips and tricks or know how to handle hypothyroidism, don't hesitate to post it here!!

Astronomical kisses  :mushroom:

PS: Don't forget to kick ass today!

• Like 3

Losing 10 kilograms

8%
8%

100 consecutive push-ups goal

25%
25%

If you are not willing to look stupid, nothing great is ever going to happen to you!

Today was a good day!!

I rocked my Dutch exam (it can be a real bitch to study for) and I didn't have any grain cravings at all, even though I expected to be all like ''bread....paaaastries....goodness grace!'' but nope, I'm usually too full after a meal to even be able to THINK about more food, which is a great improvement after my starvation period.

Today was also rest day, but I'm doing the 30-day yoga challenge (cause I wanted to go yoga every day anyway but never had inspiration) and I just couldn't help doing squats (damn you Andrea for purchasing a barbell), I just looooooooooove them that much.

For lunch I was supposed to have tiger shrimp, but as I had them on my plate (as a whole), I just couldn't stop thinking about how I was not just going to eat meat, but also intestines and organs and.. yuck. I forced one in my mouth ''EAT YOUR PROTEIN ANDREA, YOU CAN DO IT'' but my stomach protested so much I just had to leave the rest on my plate, although I was a good girl and ate all of my veggies (a)

Tomorrow is cardio day, maybe I'll go to spinning class at the gym, if I manage to study everything for my geography exam. Otherwise, intervals! 

Goodnight everyone!

MACRO STATS FOR THE DAY:

cals: 1046  carbs: 116 protein: 64 fat: 38

Analysis: My calorie-intake is too low, but I am so so soooo full and I really don't think I can eat more than I did today, cause I literally stuffed myself. My protein is too low too, but I blame the shrimp :tongue: also, I'm not much of a hardcore carnivore, so I'll have to up my dairy consumption maybe, or substitute tuna for, like, everything! Carbs are okay-ish, although I'm gonna try to get under the 100 grams. Bye bye dried figs, I'll miss you loads :(

Nightynight!

Losing 10 kilograms

8%
8%

25%
25%

If you are not willing to look stupid, nothing great is ever going to happen to you!

Stats for the day:

130g Carb50.7g Fat68.3g Pro1,187 Cal

I swear to god man, I need to get more protein from somewhere. But how? I'm already stuffing myself with meat (for my standards) and other products. My carbs are a bit too high, maybe I should go for half a banana instead of an entire one, because I just love bananas so much! Most of my carbs come from vegetables though, and dried fruits. I finished my bag of dried figs though, so I'll jut make sure not to buy them anymore for some time, hehe.

I've been feeling rather tired today, I think those exams are starting to wear me off. Time for them to be ove if you ask me. Ahwell, tomorrow is Friday, which means I don't have to study as much --> long gym session! :D Can't wait :3

Day 3 of yoga challenge:check! 
Squats: check! (can't go a single day without them  :mushroom: )

Now for some more geography! Toodles  :onthego:

Losing 10 kilograms

8%
8%

25%
25%

Have you considered whey protein shakes?  I don't know how, or if, that might conflict with your intolerance of cow milk, although you can find soy-based protein powders, as well as "lactose intolerance friendly" variations.

I like this stuff:  the natural, unflavored version tastes like nothing.  A little texture, but almost no taste, which means it mixes well with almost everything (at least, everything I've tried - milk, water, flavored supplements, other whey protein powders).

Good luck!

Have you considered whey protein shakes?  I don't know how, or if, that might conflict with your intolerance of cow milk, although you can find soy-based protein powders, as well as "lactose intolerance friendly" variations.

I like this stuff:  the natural, unflavored version tastes like nothing.  A little texture, but almost no taste, which means it mixes well with almost everything (at least, everything I've tried - milk, water, flavored supplements, other whey protein powders).

Good luck!

Yes, I have considered it before! Just never tried it as almost all whey protein shakes contain sugar in some form, and my hypoglycemia really prohibits taking any kind of non-naturally occuring sugars, sadly. I've got hemp protein powder at home, but it's SO expensive and it tastes shitty imo :( I'll have a look at other whey protein shakes, maybe the unflavored one doesn't have sugar, cause I haven't checked that one out yet! Thanks :)

Losing 10 kilograms

8%
8%

25%
25%

Doh!  Sorry, I forgot to include the link - sorry about that:  http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/now/whey.html

Finally posting again (exams - woopsie)

As for today, my stats are: 

111.6g Carb
40.6g Fat
79.6g Pro
1,090 Cals

Again, my calorie amount is slightly too low, especially since I've had a LONG day and am SUPER tired and did a really nice core circuit today (+ squats and deadlifsts cause i simply love them so so sooo much)

I finaly got my protein up, it's still nowhere near enough for my goals though. I might try these protein shakes, although I hope they curb my hunger a bit :P I don't eat that much as I'm easily full with these paleo meals, but it feels more like I'm tire of them, rather than not hungry anymore. I mean, I'd eat TONS of potatoes or bread or pasta or whatever but it's a no-no and meh I grow tired of eggs or tuna or chicken after a while. Did make the most delicious paleo quiche today though :3 (you can find the recipe and the outcome here) My carbs could be less, but I'm a real carbivore so I guess it's not that bad given my addiction ;) Slowly making progress!!

See ya tomorrow, amigos.

• Like 1

Losing 10 kilograms

8%
8%

25%
25%

So..tired....must...make BATTLE LOG!!!

I finally got 90+ g of protein into my diet today, especially proud of that and oh-em-gee *teenage girl screaming* my carbs are sooo low yippie. I'm learning!

I made the most delish pumpkin pancakes in the morning (and paleo!), i might make a post about them later on or something.

ALSO IM REALLY STARTING TO SEE SOME BICEPS THERE AAH 

And tomorrow I'm going out with my classmates for italian dinner. I prefer not to eat pizza or pasta as my body just generally doesnt get along with wheat so well, but if I order a fish dish it's like twice as expensive?? Or soup.. but water with veggies is not dinner honestly. Ahwell I'll figure it out. Also planning on buying some sorta party dress for new year's eve (second hand stores, here i come) because I just can't stand mass-comsumption stores like Forever21. Enough of this rant, I shall now start my yoga practice and then fall asleep.

fyi, stats:

66.2g Carb
58.2g Fat
99.5g Pro
1,119 Cal

Losing 10 kilograms

8%
8%

25%
25%