So then.

It has been a while. The last time I was on the Forum was over a year ago. A lot has happened since. Anyway, now that I have returned form my year living in Switzerland, I still feel the need to travel, and see new land. That and my bucket list are the reasons why I now have chosen to go on a journey and not just any old one, but a trip around the globe.

This trip will start in three years, probably at the end of July 2017, and it will take me to countries such as Ireland, France, China, Australia, Chile, Ecuador, Brasil and the USA. It is in nature similar to the one Steve did.

Not only will this thread show my progress in preparing for it, but it is also asks the readers of it to give advise and help.

Help I need mostly in understanding and finding a flying miles (living in Estonia I have not heard there is one, so if you live nearby and know about any, please say).

Also, I'd like to know the cheapest ways of transport and living in those countries or in general, because I probably won't have a large budget.

Thirdly, can anyone recommend places to visit in the mentioned countries. I'm more interested in nature and landscapes than in cities.

This is a really big project and it will take me a lot of time to prepare so any advise given will be appreciated.

Ooo that sounds epic!!!

I haven't played with flying miles myself yet, but I know there are books out there.   A friend does quite a bit of mile/point juggling though and I know she spends a lot of time on flyertalk.com.  

I have some experience living in the UK and in France, and there are some options depending on what you are comfortable with and have much you want to spend.

UK TRANSPORT

Megabus

Nationalrail/Trainline (if booked in advance or with a student card)

Eurolines (for international travel)

Ryanair (cheapest planes)

Hitchhiking (I haven't and won't, but friends have)

FRENCH TRANSPORT

sncf (this is the national train service and they do buses too)

eurolines

Colocation (this is the name for car sharing and it is quite big in France)

Hitchhiking (I haven't and won't, but friends have)

Ryanair (<3)

ACCOMMODATION

Hostels (lots of websites to check out)

Bnb air (you can rent someone's apartment out for a weekend or longer whilst they aren't there - can be very cheap but don't expect much from the apartments)

Camping (if you have your own tent)

Couchsurfing (you sleep on someone's couch, again I haven't done it but friends have)

Level 11 Morgana Scout

STR 14|DEX 11|STA 31|CON 11|WIS 23|CHA 19

Current challenge:  Talvi makes tactical decisions | Epic quests: 2015, 2016 | Running instalog: new_tracks_to_follow | Previous challenges: -2 -1 etc...

Any irish people out there,

Could any of you tell me the name or location of some flea markets or second hand shops (where they don't only sell clothes) in Dublin. I will be coming to Ireland next year and staying for a while.

Also, do you know someone in Dublin, who owns a bike and doesn't use it or wants to sell it, because when I come I will be looking for one.

Any information is welcome

Oh yeah, one more thing. How is it in Ireland, is camping in the woods/national parks and making a bonfire in designated places (if there are any) allowed. I will probably be hiking in the wilderness quite a bit and would like to know.