Hello Nerd Fitness community! I feel quite excited joining this community after having followed it for the past year and a half. There is nothing like this specialized community, and I am so proud and so honored to be a part of it. It is something that inspires me both as a fellow rebel and as an aspiring wellness enthusiast.

A little about me/ my 'stats':

- 20 Years Young

- Four foot nine inches tall, small boned, 'delicate' appearance (too tall to be a Hobbit… but too short to be an elf; I am a hybrid of the two at this time)

- Was bullied for small stature all my life

- Brown belt in Hap Ki Do; had to stop trainings at age 13 to focus on studies 

- Artist (once considered a career in concept design)

- Writer (have tons of novels in the works; I also run a blog)

- Yoga Teacher in Training (going to be certified hopefully by the end of the year; early 2015 at the latest)

- Semi-Self-Taught Contortionist (double jointed in legs; Ministry of Silly Walks for the win!)

- Aspiring Creature Actor (in short, a Creature Actor is your typical actor playing atypical roles either in makeup- ie, Abe Sapien, Hellboy- a suit- werewolves in Underworld, the demon in Knights of Badassdom, gorilla suits- or a motion capture suit- Gollum, Caesar from Planet of the Apes, Davy Jones. I've played a child zombie in a student film and regularly attend a local horror convention known as Monsterpalooza dressed up as Samara from the Ring. My ultimate dream is to collaborate with director Guillermo Del Toro, someone I consider to be a father figure and spiritual mentor. See why next.

- Survivor of emotional/psychological abuse (from age 8 all the way to 19) from a parent, whom I am now estranged from. Let's just say during that time I was at an all time low physically and mentally. This parent manipulated me and convinced several doctors I was the one with a problem. I've been accused of an ED, depression, dementia, and anxiety because this person could not admit that what they were doiing to me was wrong. 

Thankfully, a combination of things helped to save me: Faith/Hope, another parent, and director GDT. His films reminded me of the power of my imagination and inner strength. I wanted to stop being a victim, and stood up for myself. A child attorney helped me to break free of custody from the abusive parent and turned it over to the other one whom I live with at this time. 

- Currently healing from nearly a decade of poor health. My metabolism is very fast. When I was abused, I felt little need to do anything. I did not starve myself intentionally. I did nothing all do. No eating, drinking, or even reading. I literally spent my days sitting in a corner crying my eyes out thinking I did not deserve any happiness. This period of time has caught up with me. See below:

- Digestive is pretty off. Not going into TMI territory, but consistency varies, even with probiotics and enzymes.

- 'Diet' (I hestitate to say this, as I am not in to lose weight) is mostly plant based. I initially went all out vegan because of my yoga training and the fact that I was always sensitive to animal treatment. 

However, I am considering turning a new leaf (no pun intended) and dabbling with something along the lines of paleo. I still LOVE my veggies; when I was a kid, they called me popeye, because I ate tons of spinach (and strawberries… my two favorite foods; I was a weird kid). But maybe the excessive fiber is too much for me. I also have noticed that certain minerals that would otherwise require a heavy load of certain vegetables can found in a few ounces of salmon or chicken. 

- There are a few books I have read and taken some merit from along my health journey- The Body Ecology Diet and The Beauty Detox Solution. Both focus on digestion, and have helped mine considerably, but still I struggle. Am curious about reading Your Personal Paleo Code and Primal Blueprint

- What stops me from eating more animal foods is mainly guilt, and a small fear that it will stick in my digestive tract and make my digestion worse. Several health experts claim meat can rot in your intestines for days, and I sense there is something wrong about this notion. Is there evidence to prove this correct?

- Goals: Health, Strength/Tone, and Confidence.

Health: Fix that gut. No more IBS, or sitting on the toilet for hours. Quick, clean, and efficient. Improve skin health; lacks a certain glow at times. I want to be healthy to fulfill my creative, health, and life's goals. It is about quality. I refuse to ever step foot in a hospital, unless I am giving birth.

- Strength/Tone: Because of my small size and 'weak' appearance, growing up I was often the target for bullies. Even my fourth grade teacher made fun of me. If the wind blew, he would pick me up off the ground and shout, "Hang on, kid, the wind is going to blow you away!" In fact, it was a customary for most kids to pick me up out of no where and literally toss me up and down. What's worse is that this carried on all the way to high school. 

My goals right now are to radically transform my body. Something strong, flexible, and lithe. My stature and size is very small. Too much muscle makes me look bulky, but I am looking for long, lean, and functional. Like a dancer's, or a female Bruce Lee (another small guy! taller than me, but still an awesome example of immense strength without bulk; I LOVE martial arts, and he is also one of my inspirations… one day I hope to study Jeet Kune Do, Shaolin martial arts, Gung Fu, Capoeira and Ninjitsu). 

Abs would be nice, but my upper body is especially susceptible to being stick-thin and weak. My legs are the easiest to tone up, but overall I want a total body change. And, I do not want to devote a ton of hours each day to maintain the physique. I am looking for a good base ground that I can maintain year round. Zuzka Light, a female fitness personality, is a good example; she looks relatively the same 365 days a year. 

Confice: I do love how unique my body is. Before any change, I believe you must first love yourself, and where you are. I am grateful to have a body, and a damn good one at that. But, it needs a little bit of help. We have work to do, and I embrace the journey, as I change not only physically but mentally as well.

Given that I aspire to work as a creature actor and yoga instructor, my body is going to be judged, and will dictate what jobs and opportunities are available to me. I am very self-conscious with my arms exposed, be it a tank or swim suit; afraid of being called anorexic (thin shaming is just as bad; body shaming in general is horrible, no matter what the size) and weak. My family does not support me in my endeavors. I grew up without a mother figure in my life… in fact, my 'mom' was the parent who abused me. And I was always a tomboy and continue to be one to this day. But there is a part of me that wonders what it means to have someone say you are beautiful. No one has ever told me that because of the fact that with my current physique and height, I could pass for a twelve year old. I am twenty years old and people think they need to help me lift things or refrain from profanity because I appear so infantile. 

I know I am greater than all of these things. That is why I am reaching out to this community. I need an army to help me out.

There is a Dragon inside of me- a Dragon ready to be reborn and take back a life that was once denied. A life of limitless possibility and magic. I believe in the power of evolution, and the time has come for that to take place.

Who is ready to join me and help me along?

• Like 5

- What stops me from eating more animal foods is mainly guilt, and a small fear that it will stick in my digestive tract and make my digestion worse. Several health experts claim meat can rot in your intestines for days, and I sense there is something wrong about this notion. Is there evidence to prove this correct?

Your senses serve you well, young Padawan. There is something wrong about that 'notion': It is completely untrue. I would take whatever these 'Health experts' say with a rather large helping of salt, were I you. While it is indeed true that we have bacteria in our digestive system, which help us break down certain types of food, which you could call 'rotting', I suppose, if you wanted to paint it in a bad light (it's completely normal, all humans have these bacteria). Meat is in fact one of the few things our bodies can digest, since we produce the necessary proteases on our own.

So, I wouldn't worry too much about that, if I were you. Whether you find the guilt a big enough deterrant not to eat meat is of course, entirely up to you, but it should be a choice you make based on fact, not ridiculous myths such as the above.

• Like 1

Dwarf Warrior

Level 2| Str 4| Dex 1| Con 3| Sta 3| Wis 1| Cha 1|

Spoiler

Deadlift 2x BW

80%
80%

Squat 1x BW

74%
88%

Floor press 1x BW

86%
86%

Press .75x BW

79%
79%

"A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry"

Daily battle log

Current challenge

Welcome!  I was going to make a "slay the wabbit!" joke, until I got to the "brown belt in hap kido" part. :D

Just a note - Bruce Lee was actually a huge believer in weight training.  Food for thought. ;)

• Like 2

Yes, I am well aware of that- in fact, I own a copy of his book, the Art of Expressing the Human Body. I mainly enjoy it for its philosophies and mental aspects. His fitness routine took up most of his day, so I struggle to adapt that and his nutritional plan to my lifestyle. 

Also, I do lift, and have tried using heavier weights, but I do not see any improvements or change in physique.

• Like 2

Your story really hit an cord with me.  We'll support your dreams and endeavors; it's awesome that you want to be a creature actor (like Doug Jones and Andy Serkis?).  That is awesome and I can't help but be intrigued at what kind of creatures you'd like to act as.  Have you seen Face Off (the SyFy reality-tv competition, not the movie).  The make ups there are amazing and while I've always been jealous at the art skillz of the competitors, being the model, acting out the creations seems awesome too!

We'll pull that dragon out of you!  I'm sure that you'll be able to roar like a dragon, and kick ass like Bruce Lee!   And if you want strong beautiful, I recommend looking at the physiques of female MMA fighters.  I get jealous of them too :playful: .

Welcome to NerdFitness!

• Like 1

Race: Were-Jaguar | Class: CodeMONKey

Level: 18 | STR: 46  | DEX: 41  | STA: 35  | CON: 51  | WIS: 57 | CHA: 47

Spoiler

---

Challenges: CURRENT

18TH | 17TH | 16TH 15TH 14TH | 13TH | 12.5TH | 12TH | 11TH |

10TH | 9TH | 8TH 7TH | 6TH | 5TH | 4TH | 3RD | 2ND | 1ST

Accountbilbuddies: Artists unite for March/April 2017!

---

"Everyone's the same height when you punch them hard enough"

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

Oh bugger.  Double post!  I just get soooo excited!

• Like 1

Spoiler

---

---

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

Your senses serve you well, young Padawan. There is something wrong about that 'notion': It is completely untrue. I would take whatever these 'Health experts' say with a rather large helping of salt, were I you. While it is indeed true that we have bacteria in our digestive system, which help us break down certain types of food, which you could call 'rotting', I suppose, if you wanted to paint it in a bad light (it's completely normal, all humans have these bacteria). Meat is in fact one of the few things our bodies can digest, since we produce the necessary proteases on our own.

So, I wouldn't worry too much about that, if I were you. Whether you find the guilt a big enough deterrant not to eat meat is of course, entirely up to you, but it should be a choice you make based on fact, not ridiculous myths such as the above.

Agreed. 

Where I am training at this moment to become a certified yoga instructor, there is a sort of 'don't ask don't tell' policy that I am going to have to adopt if the subject turns up again. Although, the diet of my classmates is questionable- fried sandwiches, sugar-laden flavored yogurts are a mainstay in their meals, IF they even eat (seriously, training is four hours a few days a week, and hardly anyone eats an actual meal; they just skip lunch or dinner, while my stomach growls and I hasten to devour the food I cook for myself at home). 

• Like 1

Your story really hit an cord with me.  We'll support your dreams and endeavors; it's awesome that you want to be a creature actor (like Doug Jones and Andy Serkis?).  That is awesome and I can't help but be intrigued at what kind of creatures you'd like to act as.  Have you seen Face Off (the SyFy reality-tv competition, not the movie).  The make ups there are amazing and while I've always been jealous at the art skillz of the competitors, being the model, acting out the creations seems awesome too!

We'll pull that dragon out of you!  I'm sure that you'll be able to roar like a dragon, and kick ass like Bruce Lee!   And if you want strong beautiful, I recommend looking at the physiques of female MMA fighters.  I get jealous of them too :playful: .

Welcome to NerdFitness!

WOW! That made my day! Hardly anyone I know recognizes Doug Jones or Andy Serkis; I actually have met Doug on several occasions, and he is literally an angel. Seriously. He'll give you hugs and make you feel like the most blessed human being on the planet. Great guy!

My dream roles are fish-people (I also am obsessed with the 1954 film Creature from the Black Lagoon, and am writing a novel based off of it), vampires, martial artists, human-dragon hybrids (if that is even possible…), Na'avi (Avatar), elves, the de-formed girl from the 1960 film Eyes Without A Face (check it out sometime- black and white, French, and a pretty gruesome surgery scene even by today's standards; involves removing the flesh off a victim's face), sinister mermaid (I like the mermaids from the live action film that came out not too long ago in the early 2000s), and demons/aliens. Outside of that, I do want to play Christine (from Phantom of the Opera), a kick-ass Bond Girl, a Marvel or DC character, and action hero like Sara Conner or Ripley, or the Bride from Kill Bill. 

I'll have to look up some fighters for inspiration! I watch an anime called Legend of Korra, and the titular character was modeled after various female MMA fighters. Oh, and on a side note, there's a trainer named Zuzka Light on the internet who somehow manages to maintain a killer physique all year round. That's something I aspire to achieve; a body not as extreme as fitness competitors, but still lithe, strong, and toned. It's a great base that you can start off with whether you want to bulk or cut.

• Like 1

WOW! That made my day! Hardly anyone I know recognizes Doug Jones or Andy Serkis; I actually have met Doug on several occasions, and he is literally an angel. Seriously. He'll give you hugs and make you feel like the most blessed human being on the planet. Great guy!

You've met Doug Jones.  Holy sheeeeeit.  Lucky bastard!  I love it when you meet your idol and they do turn out to be the nicest people, that's fantastic! I would love to meet Guillermo Del Toro (I'm one of the few people who loves, loves, LOVES the epic silliness known as 'Pacific Rim' and am hoping for him to do a Lovecraft film, like the 'Mountains of Madness/ film he has been working on) and Andy Serkis seems to be a good bloke to have a drink with :very_drunk:.

I know a bit about that kind of stuff, cause I love movies, cinema, etc.  I'm usually into the epic, escapism of genre films, the tension of horror films, and the creativity of sci-fi films, so practical effects, special effects, creature/environment creation is of high interest.  Thus I 'GEEK' out intensely with this kind of stuff :tiger: .

My dream roles are fish-people (I also am obsessed with the 1954 film Creature from the Black Lagoon, and am writing a novel based off of it), vampires, martial artists, human-dragon hybrids (if that is even possible…), Na'avi (Avatar), elves, the de-formed girl from the 1960 film Eyes Without A Face (check it out sometime- black and white, French, and a pretty gruesome surgery scene even by today's standards; involves removing the flesh off a victim's face), sinister mermaid (I like the mermaids from the live action film that came out not too long ago in the early 2000s), and demons/aliens. Outside of that, I do want to play Christine (from Phantom of the Opera), a kick-ass Bond Girl, a Marvel or DC character, and action hero like Sara Conner or Ripley, or the Bride from Kill Bill. 

Fish-people, awesome!  I am familiar with the Black Lagoon Creature, but I tend to not watch older films (*shame, shame*).  I need to watch that, especially since it's a classic and I do watch the old Godzilla films (did you see the new one?  OMG loved it).  Check out the show Grimm for a half-dragon human hybrid.  They introduced a creature called 'daemonfeuer', and while it's not the best make-up (Face Off had a few seasons where the challenge was a dragon hybrid that came off as more impressive to me), it's pretty spot on.  Oh god...removing of the FACE?  Yikes, creepy...and yet I am fascinated.  There was one short that I saw called the 'Littler Mermaid' (NOT THE DISNEY ONE).  It was creepy, dark and I recommend it for another portrayal of an evil mermaid :nevreness: .

I have no acting background, but man I would love to be Ripley or Sarah Connor.  They were my role models.  And though I understand that the song is annoying, Queen Bey and Lady Gaga from the music video of 'Telephone' not only displayed strength and evil, but made me laugh too.  Awesome fun!

I'll have to look up some fighters for inspiration! I watch an anime called Legend of Korra, and the titular character was modeled after various female MMA fighters. Oh, and on a side note, there's a trainer named Zuzka Light on the internet who somehow manages to maintain a killer physique all year round. That's something I aspire to achieve; a body not as extreme as fitness competitors, but still lithe, strong, and toned. It's a great base that you can start off with whether you want to bulk or cut.

Zuzka Light looks TOUGH!  Yes Amazon!  Awesome.  The MMA fighter, Gina Carano, starred in a movie called Haywire and I so wanted her to be Wonder Woman, but also not to be (thankfully, Gal Gadot appears to be training up, so hopefully, she'll fill the 'Amazon' physique I expect).  I have a curvy shape myself, so something between Nick Minaj's build (Anaconda...ohh boy) and Lucia Rijker's build (another kickboxer, dutch, crazy curls) is what I'm aiming for.

Spoiler

---

---

---

You've met Doug Jones.  Holy sheeeeeit.  Lucky bastard!  I love it when you meet your idol and they do turn out to be the nicest people, that's fantastic! I would love to meet Guillermo Del Toro (I'm one of the few people who loves, loves, LOVES the epic silliness known as 'Pacific Rim' and am hoping for him to do a Lovecraft film, like the 'Mountains of Madness/ film he has been working on) and Andy Serkis seems to be a good bloke to have a drink with :very_drunk:.

I know a bit about that kind of stuff, cause I love movies, cinema, etc.  I'm usually into the epic, escapism of genre films, the tension of horror films, and the creativity of sci-fi films, so practical effects, special effects, creature/environment creation is of high interest.  Thus I 'GEEK' out intensely with this kind of stuff :tiger: .

Fish-people, awesome!  I am familiar with the Black Lagoon Creature, but I tend to not watch older films (*shame, shame*).  I need to watch that, especially since it's a classic and I do watch the old Godzilla films (did you see the new one?  OMG loved it).  Check out the show Grimm for a half-dragon human hybrid.  They introduced a creature called 'daemonfeuer', and while it's not the best make-up (Face Off had a few seasons where the challenge was a dragon hybrid that came off as more impressive to me), it's pretty spot on.  Oh god...removing of the FACE?  Yikes, creepy...and yet I am fascinated.  There was one short that I saw called the 'Littler Mermaid' (NOT THE DISNEY ONE).  It was creepy, dark and I recommend it for another portrayal of an evil mermaid :nevreness: .

I have no acting background, but man I would love to be Ripley or Sarah Connor.  They were my role models.  And though I understand that the song is annoying, Queen Bey and Lady Gaga from the music video of 'Telephone' not only displayed strength and evil, but made me laugh too.  Awesome fun!

Zuzka Light looks TOUGH!  Yes Amazon!  Awesome.  The MMA fighter, Gina Carano, starred in a movie called Haywire and I so wanted her to be Wonder Woman, but also not to be (thankfully, Gal Gadot appears to be training up, so hopefully, she'll fill the 'Amazon' physique I expect).  I have a curvy shape myself, so something between Nick Minaj's build (Anaconda...ohh boy) and Lucia Rijker's build (another kickboxer, dutch, crazy curls) is what I'm aiming for.

Just got back from a loooonnnngggg day of work, so forgive me for my tardiness in getting back to you.

Yup, I've met Mr. Jones a few times. I hope you get to as well!

And if I am going to be technical, I have met GDT before- but at the time, I was still bouncing back from my dark times, and was just a frothing, geeky fan. The next time, my hope is that we are meeting as partners in cinematic crime, and that I can repay him for what he has done to help me become a better, stronger person.

Pacific Rim was just a big adventure. Some people are a little too critical about it because I believe they expected something alligned with one of Christopher Nolan's films- serious, psychologically intense, profound. With this film, I just had a blast (pun intended this time!). I did not want to question or criticize every detail. I came for action, explosions, giant robots, and monsters. Is that too much to ask?

Same goes for Godzilla (the remake), although to be fair, I would have liked to have seen MORE of our favorite reptillian king of beasts. Of course, the scenes when you DO see him involve some of the best CGI I've seen in a long time, next to Pacific Rim and Smaug from the Hobbit. I especially lost it and just screamed with joy at the final blow he gives to the insectoid monster at the end- that was quite a death scene! AWESOMENESS. I think everyone went crazy after that.

Yes, see some classics! They're really good, and suddenly your brain is going to register where some of the new films draw their inspiration from. 

OKAY, I just looked up 'daemonfeuer', and I am intrigued. I do agree that the overall design leaves a little something to be desired, but I like it. One design I have in mind personally draws inspiration from Angelina Jolie's Malificent costume- attaching some big horns to the head. Following that are some scales around the cheek bones and lower jaw and neck, claws for the hands, bat wings, a tail (optional), and, an awesome kimono. One of the many makeup FX I want to put myself under for a convetion.

I am going to search for this Little Mermaid video later- anything twisted and dark is my cup of blood- I mean, tea. Yes, tea. 

As for Wonder Woman, I also thought Jamie Alexander would have been an interesting candidate, especially due to the fact that she is an actress. That being said, the acting itself needs to be good. Gal Gadot can train as long as she wants, but if there is no character in the role, then it is yet another puppet dancing before our eyes on the screen. Body transformations can be tough, which is why a lot of method actors like Christian Bale and Daniel Day Lewis are able to properly immerse themselves into the role and literally become something/someone else combining the physical with the mental and emotional.

If you have the curves, rock them! I am coming to learn that taping up your inspirations helps you to better visualize and train for your goals. Some people say it is not healthy to put up images of Victoria's Secret models or actresses, but I think the matter lies within reponsibility and self-love. You have to accept and love where you are at the present, and continue to do so throughout the journey. Then, you use the aesthetics as tools to help you get into better health, so long as it does not block out other aspects of your life, like spending time with friends and family, going out to eat/parties, etcetera. 

Me, I just have a tiny, tiny physique. Again, I am four foot nine. There is no way I am ever going to have the exact physique as Ronda Rousey because of the fact that she is 5 foot seven. Muscle appears longer on a taller person, usually. My bone structure is small, too. Metabolism, pretty fast. I fall under the category of ectomorph. There was a time when I was close to getting overweight in my life, during my dark period, when I was depressed and not eating, and doctors/dieticians had me on a major weight gaining diet (WORST experience ever- I also question the tactics that were used to make me gain all the weight back and then some). I counted every single calorie (4,000 a day), measured every portion, and was going bonkers from all of the calculations and freaking out if I so missed just 200 calories for the day. A reverse affect of the current notion of 'dieting'. Sure, I gained the weight back, but a few things happened. One, my energy levels were rock bottom. I had zero strength and clarity in my mind to get through the day. Two, lack of flexibility. Stiff all over. Three, immunity dropped. I suddenly got sick every darn month. Why? Because the foods I was instructed to eat were all processed and calorically dense. Fruits and vegetables became condiments. I drank Boost 'health' shakes twice a day, sometimes even three, and snacked on bowls (literally) of oily roasted nuts and tall glasses of orange juice. High carb, high fat diet, filled with processed fake foods. I ended up rebelling and started off slowly-

more water. Then, salads for lunch. Leaner cuts of meat. More fruit and vegetables. Finally, exercise. Started off with yoga, and realized I was double jointed and extremely flexible once I managed to release tons of tension in the joints. Soon found HIIT, pilates, and strength training. I then realized that a healthy body was incredible in its capacity to overcome a myriad of obstacles, both physical and mental. A lot of the unncessary weight I had gained dropped. Really, I just cut the crap out of my diet, moved my body for once, and listened to my body. It just naturally wants to be at a weight that otherwise makes people think I am skinny. I eat, oh yes I do, but boy, people cannot believe it at times. My weight was within 'normal' for my height, but boy, did I get hell for my 'rebellion', especially from my abusive mother; at that time, I was still communicating with her. 

I found Zuzka Light and tons of other awesome people in the health and wellness world, and my education and reclaiming my health has been a rough and bumpy yet humbling journey, starting off from 2008 all the way up to 2014 at this time. 

Joining Nerd Fitness has been one of the best decisions I have come to have made. And this is coming from someone who has yet to enroll in the academy!

• Like 1

Just got back from a loooonnnngggg day of work, so forgive me for my tardiness in getting back to you.

Yup, I've met Mr. Jones a few times. I hope you get to as well!

And if I am going to be technical, I have met GDT before- but at the time, I was still bouncing back from my dark times, and was just a frothing, geeky fan. The next time, my hope is that we are meeting as partners in cinematic crime, and that I can repay him for what he has done to help me become a better, stronger person.

Pacific Rim was just a big adventure. Some people are a little too critical about it because I believe they expected something alligned with one of Christopher Nolan's films- serious, psychologically intense, profound. With this film, I just had a blast (pun intended this time!). I did not want to question or criticize every detail. I came for action, explosions, giant robots, and monsters. Is that too much to ask?

Same goes for Godzilla (the remake), although to be fair, I would have liked to have seen MORE of our favorite reptillian king of beasts. Of course, the scenes when you DO see him involve some of the best CGI I've seen in a long time, next to Pacific Rim and Smaug from the Hobbit. I especially lost it and just screamed with joy at the final blow he gives to the insectoid monster at the end- that was quite a death scene! AWESOMENESS. I think everyone went crazy after that.

Yes, see some classics! They're really good, and suddenly your brain is going to register where some of the new films draw their inspiration from. 

OKAY, I just looked up 'daemonfeuer', and I am intrigued. I do agree that the overall design leaves a little something to be desired, but I like it. One design I have in mind personally draws inspiration from Angelina Jolie's Malificent costume- attaching some big horns to the head. Following that are some scales around the cheek bones and lower jaw and neck, claws for the hands, bat wings, a tail (optional), and, an awesome kimono. One of the many makeup FX I want to put myself under for a convetion.

I am going to search for this Little Mermaid video later- anything twisted and dark is my cup of blood- I mean, tea. Yes, tea. 

As for Wonder Woman, I also thought Jamie Alexander would have been an interesting candidate, especially due to the fact that she is an actress. That being said, the acting itself needs to be good. Gal Gadot can train as long as she wants, but if there is no character in the role, then it is yet another puppet dancing before our eyes on the screen. Body transformations can be tough, which is why a lot of method actors like Christian Bale and Daniel Day Lewis are able to properly immerse themselves into the role and literally become something/someone else combining the physical with the mental and emotional.

If you have the curves, rock them! I am coming to learn that taping up your inspirations helps you to better visualize and train for your goals. Some people say it is not healthy to put up images of Victoria's Secret models or actresses, but I think the matter lies within reponsibility and self-love. You have to accept and love where you are at the present, and continue to do so throughout the journey. Then, you use the aesthetics as tools to help you get into better health, so long as it does not block out other aspects of your life, like spending time with friends and family, going out to eat/parties, etcetera. 

Me, I just have a tiny, tiny physique. Again, I am four foot nine. There is no way I am ever going to have the exact physique as Ronda Rousey because of the fact that she is 5 foot seven. Muscle appears longer on a taller person, usually. My bone structure is small, too. Metabolism, pretty fast. I fall under the category of ectomorph. There was a time when I was close to getting overweight in my life, during my dark period, when I was depressed and not eating, and doctors/dieticians had me on a major weight gaining diet (WORST experience ever- I also question the tactics that were used to make me gain all the weight back and then some). I counted every single calorie (4,000 a day), measured every portion, and was going bonkers from all of the calculations and freaking out if I so missed just 200 calories for the day. A reverse affect of the current notion of 'dieting'. Sure, I gained the weight back, but a few things happened. One, my energy levels were rock bottom. I had zero strength and clarity in my mind to get through the day. Two, lack of flexibility. Stiff all over. Three, immunity dropped. I suddenly got sick every darn month. Why? Because the foods I was instructed to eat were all processed and calorically dense. Fruits and vegetables became condiments. I drank Boost 'health' shakes twice a day, sometimes even three, and snacked on bowls (literally) of oily roasted nuts and tall glasses of orange juice. High carb, high fat diet, filled with processed fake foods. I ended up rebelling and started off slowly-

more water. Then, salads for lunch. Leaner cuts of meat. More fruit and vegetables. Finally, exercise. Started off with yoga, and realized I was double jointed and extremely flexible once I managed to release tons of tension in the joints. Soon found HIIT, pilates, and strength training. I then realized that a healthy body was incredible in its capacity to overcome a myriad of obstacles, both physical and mental. A lot of the unncessary weight I had gained dropped. Really, I just cut the crap out of my diet, moved my body for once, and listened to my body. It just naturally wants to be at a weight that otherwise makes people think I am skinny. I eat, oh yes I do, but boy, people cannot believe it at times. My weight was within 'normal' for my height, but boy, did I get hell for my 'rebellion', especially from my abusive mother; at that time, I was still communicating with her. 

I found Zuzka Light and tons of other awesome people in the health and wellness world, and my education and reclaiming my health has been a rough and bumpy yet humbling journey, starting off from 2008 all the way up to 2014 at this time. 

Joining Nerd Fitness has been one of the best decisions I have come to have made. And this is coming from someone who has yet to enroll in the academy!

Oh work.  Yup, I know the feeling.

Oh man you've meat GDT too..awesome.  And while it's awesome that you plan on repaying him the favor for your inspiration, I think it's perfectly acceptance to geek and fawn over someone so damn creative and talented.  I just wanna peek into the minds of some people and he's one of them.

Pacific Rim was just fun.  It's stupid as hell, it really is, everything about was nosensical.  But you know what?  So are many of the animes I watch.  So was the power rangers growing up!  It was about capturing the stupid splendor and joy that comes from those classic sentai and mecha films.  Stuff people used to love.  I wish people would turn off their adult and just be five again, just for a little bit.  I completely agree with Godzilla too.  I would've love to have seen more of him, and less of that wooden audience-surrogate-soldier-bro.  The final death scene of the female Muto was INSANE!  So happy to see Godzilla bigger and better than ever.

Ooooohhh a mix of Maleficent Western flair with some classic Eastern dragon elements?  Intriguing!  Especially if you go for the vibrant colors of Eastern dragons than the more neatral greens that Western dragons seem to get.  That would be a badass makeup.

I had to look up Jamie Alezander and I agree!  She would've also been a good choice.  I hope Gal Gadot can pull it off.  I heard she was decent actress, so maybe some life will be given to Wonder Woman, but I am still wary for  Zack Snyder's directing.  And yes...Christian Bale is a badass actor who goes through some AWFUL body transformation (going from the Machinist to Batman to Dicky from the Fighter to Batman again...that is NOT healthy, I don't care what anyone says).  Though I am very impressed with Chris Pratt, acting and transformation (no tonly that, but he is adorable, chubby or fit).

That's a really good thought about taping up inspiration.  I don't think it's completely unhealthy as long as you see it as tool, just like you said.  Some extra motivation to get your ass gear and move.  Also; I try to get inspiration from figures I know I can look like- I can never be an 'Angel', but Nicki Minaj?  A more muscular J-Lo?  Hell yeah.  As long as I keep realistic goals in mind, as well as understand that my health is more important that what's in the mirror or on the scale, things get easier and less overwhelming.  Not only that, but I don't want fitness to get in the way of my family.  Just like you said, that is not a healthy mindset.  Life needs to be enjoyed too!

My god, your story is just...wow 4000 calories a day?!  I knew someone way back in high school; thin, small build.  Ate like a champ.  I'm so happy that she didn't have to go through that kind of diet change and stop sports due to fear that she was not going to gain weight.  People's health varies and I'm really happy that you got control back into your hands when it comes to your health, your fitness, your body.  Sounds you made fantastic small changes to get to a place you want to be.  Also...I'm sorry about your experiences with your mother.  Family can be a toxic bitch at times and it's good that you got yourself out.  More power to you.  I did not hav ethe same experiences (duh, we're all unique); my issues have been general laziness (desk job, cold winters, love of sugar and carbs).  Finally getting that under control.

I have yet to join the academy, but I'm going to be doing next year's challenge!  Can't wait to rack up some points!

Spoiler

---

---

---

Oh work.  Yup, I know the feeling.

Oh man you've meat GDT too..awesome.  And while it's awesome that you plan on repaying him the favor for your inspiration, I think it's perfectly acceptance to geek and fawn over someone so damn creative and talented.  I just wanna peek into the minds of some people and he's one of them.

Pacific Rim was just fun.  It's stupid as hell, it really is, everything about was nosensical.  But you know what?  So are many of the animes I watch.  So was the power rangers growing up!  It was about capturing the stupid splendor and joy that comes from those classic sentai and mecha films.  Stuff people used to love.  I wish people would turn off their adult and just be five again, just for a little bit.  I completely agree with Godzilla too.  I would've love to have seen more of him, and less of that wooden audience-surrogate-soldier-bro.  The final death scene of the female Muto was INSANE!  So happy to see Godzilla bigger and better than ever.

Ooooohhh a mix of Maleficent Western flair with some classic Eastern dragon elements?  Intriguing!  Especially if you go for the vibrant colors of Eastern dragons than the more neatral greens that Western dragons seem to get.  That would be a badass makeup.

I had to look up Jamie Alezander and I agree!  She would've also been a good choice.  I hope Gal Gadot can pull it off.  I heard she was decent actress, so maybe some life will be given to Wonder Woman, but I am still wary for  Zack Snyder's directing.  And yes...Christian Bale is a badass actor who goes through some AWFUL body transformation (going from the Machinist to Batman to Dicky from the Fighter to Batman again...that is NOT healthy, I don't care what anyone says).  Though I am very impressed with Chris Pratt, acting and transformation (no tonly that, but he is adorable, chubby or fit).

That's a really good thought about taping up inspiration.  I don't think it's completely unhealthy as long as you see it as tool, just like you said.  Some extra motivation to get your ass gear and move.  Also; I try to get inspiration from figures I know I can look like- I can never be an 'Angel', but Nicki Minaj?  A more muscular J-Lo?  Hell yeah.  As long as I keep realistic goals in mind, as well as understand that my health is more important that what's in the mirror or on the scale, things get easier and less overwhelming.  Not only that, but I don't want fitness to get in the way of my family.  Just like you said, that is not a healthy mindset.  Life needs to be enjoyed too!

My god, your story is just...wow 4000 calories a day?!  I knew someone way back in high school; thin, small build.  Ate like a champ.  I'm so happy that she didn't have to go through that kind of diet change and stop sports due to fear that she was not going to gain weight.  People's health varies and I'm really happy that you got control back into your hands when it comes to your health, your fitness, your body.  Sounds you made fantastic small changes to get to a place you want to be.  Also...I'm sorry about your experiences with your mother.  Family can be a toxic bitch at times and it's good that you got yourself out.  More power to you.  I did not hav ethe same experiences (duh, we're all unique); my issues have been general laziness (desk job, cold winters, love of sugar and carbs).  Finally getting that under control.

I have yet to join the academy, but I'm going to be doing next year's challenge!  Can't wait to rack up some points!

The closest you can get to deciphering GDT's clockwork mind of idiosyncratic ecstasy is the book Cabinet of Curiosities. It is a thick, coffee-table worthy book filled with scans of his creative journals, containing various notes for his projects (completed and never met; here you will find abandoned concepts for Pan's Labyrinth, storyboards, scenes, and some sobering designs for At the Mountains of Madness). I've met the co-author and numerous occasions, and even he sort of experienced the strangest revelation since working with GDT on this book.

Hopefully the makeup for the dragon works out! I am not a professional artist, nor do I aspire to be one, but it is fun to experiment around. Right now the best costume/character I can pull off is Samara from the Ring. I made the outfit from scratch and do a portion of the makeup in the shower. It helps that I have really long hair, too!

J-Lo has a nice physique! I also like how she carries herself, too- you can squat and crunch your way into a fantastic figure and still not be presentable if all you do is shrink from a lack of confidence. That is something I commend Victoria's Secret for. Some of the methods the models resort to are not realistic nor are they medically safe, but if you do your research (I had to for a blog post I was writing), you will be surprised to find that many of them do not go crazy. They are either genetically blessed or have a healthy mindset that excessive dieting and exercising is not sustainable in the long run. Plus, those crazy outfits demand some strength- the wings are anywhere between 30-50 pounds, and a great deal of core strength is required to stay balanced in high heel shoes (not to mention your calves get a crazy workout just from standing in them). 

I am almost cried when I saw Jake Gyllenhal in an advertisement for Nightcrawler (damn I first thought it was an X Men related film). After marveling over his fitness level in Prince of Persia (he actually performed many of his parkour stunts; plus, I played the game when I was younger, and loved it), I almost teared up when I saw how emaciated he had become. The guy looked amazing in POP, and to see him lose that strength was just a tragedy, in my mind. I know it is for the sake of acting, as he goes all method, but with today's makeup and special fx, he could totally land the role without endangering his body. 

That's how I feel too, with fitness- it is a lifestyle, for sure, but it is one aspect of my own lifestyle. As an artist, I want time to write, read, and draw. I need the time to work and earn a living (that protein powder doesn't pay for itself you know!). Also, I want to be able to spend time with friends and family, even if my introverted nature oftentimes prefers private time, I still enjoy going out on occasion or just hanging out and watching a movie back home. 

Oh, and there's my ambition of becoming a creature actor. There's just a lot I want to accomplish, and I do not want to spend hours in the gym. I love my gym, I call it my dojo, but I don't want it to become my second house. I know an awesome physique can be achieved with good quality training that does not demand hours of exercise. I'm just trying to find a good plan that works for me. 

Not sure how to navigate throughout here, yet. I just looked over the different character archetypes, and I feel like a combination of Assassin and Monk. I initially chose warrior because of my will power. But at the same time, Assassin sounds pretty cool- I love Assassin's Creed. And as for Monk, I have my background in yoga and martial arts to thank for.

Yeah, 4,000 calories was just too hard. It did help me to better understand and sympathize with people with heavier builds, however. I know what it's like. And I know what suits me best. Listening to your body is key with anything. Eating multiple meals is just something that does not work for my body. So I look for quality- nutrient dense food, and good portions. It helps too that since I am so petite, I do not have to worry too much about protein requirements, as my calculations indicate I do not need a ton for my body. Still, I actually consume anywhere between 80-102 grams of protein; I was curious and logged in my counts for a couple of days, and was surprised to find how easy it is. Again, I tend not to count calories, but every now and then I do to see if there is anything I need to do to tweak my nutrition to best support my health and training. 

• Like 1

The closest you can get to deciphering GDT's clockwork mind of idiosyncratic ecstasy is the book Cabinet of Curiosities. It is a thick, coffee-table worthy book filled with scans of his creative journals, containing various notes for his projects (completed and never met; here you will find abandoned concepts for Pan's Labyrinth, storyboards, scenes, and some sobering designs for At the Mountains of Madness). I've met the co-author and numerous occasions, and even he sort of experienced the strangest revelation since working with GDT on this book.

That sounds like a very interesting book and I love how it has images and concepts.  And I would be stoked to see the art for At the Mountains of Madness (and you know...an actual goddamn movie too).  And I wonder what kind revelations have been discovered...I guess it would be like meeting and working with your role model or idol and then finding out how mundane they can be (maybe they too like sweets and man do they love puppies) as well as just what makes them...larger than life (Really?  That one flower gave you the inspiration for this?!  You're crazy!).  Awesome stuff.

Hopefully the makeup for the dragon works out! I am not a professional artist, nor do I aspire to be one, but it is fun to experiment around. Right now the best costume/character I can pull off is Samara from the Ring. I made the outfit from scratch and do a portion of the makeup in the shower. It helps that I have really long hair, too!

I hope it works out too!  I'm not good with 3d or make up, but I love looking at it and I like thinking of concepts.  Experimenting is fun and it's a great way to gain experience with forms and colors while being creativity.  Ooooohhh Samara would be unsettling, especially if you did the water-logged/drowned look too.  That's fantastic!  I have my Joker picture, which I did not do the make up off- I bought the materials (the wax and latex for the scars and the colors), did spray my hair and had a friend do the make up.  It was great and I ended up scaring the shit out of some of my art-club friends (this was back in college...like...oh shit...6 years ago). 

J-Lo has a nice physique! I also like how she carries herself, too- you can squat and crunch your way into a fantastic figure and still not be presentable if all you do is shrink from a lack of confidence. That is something I commend Victoria's Secret for. Some of the methods the models resort to are not realistic nor are they medically safe, but if you do your research (I had to for a blog post I was writing), you will be surprised to find that many of them do not go crazy. They are either genetically blessed or have a healthy mindset that excessive dieting and exercising is not sustainable in the long run. Plus, those crazy outfits demand some strength- the wings are anywhere between 30-50 pounds, and a great deal of core strength is required to stay balanced in high heel shoes (not to mention your calves get a crazy workout just from standing in them). 

I did not know all that about the angels, though I can definitely how they need to be stronger than they look (the wings are like 30 to 50 pounds?!  Sheeeeeit).  When it comes to models and health, I do think that the angels don't seem to be doing anything dangerous to their health (just based on Victoria Secret ads) so that's good.  I do think carrying yourself with confidence is very important into changing how you perceive yourself and how other perceive you.  There is an interesting article and video that shows how to 'fake' before and after photos and what struck me is how one person actually stated that they feel better after doing the power pose (and how it affected how they viewed themselves).  All they changed was how they posed for a photo and a bit of the lighting to highlight their body in a flattering way.  Interesting stuff.

I am almost cried when I saw Jake Gyllenhal in an advertisement for Nightcrawler (damn I first thought it was an X Men related film). After marveling over his fitness level in Prince of Persia (he actually performed many of his parkour stunts; plus, I played the game when I was younger, and loved it), I almost teared up when I saw how emaciated he had become. The guy looked amazing in POP, and to see him lose that strength was just a tragedy, in my mind. I know it is for the sake of acting, as he goes all method, but with today's makeup and special fx, he could totally land the role without endangering his body. 

You're the only one who was disappointed that 'Nightcrawler' was not about...well Kurt aka Nightcrawler.  I wished it was.  And yeah Jake...oh my beautiful baby Jake...so bad, terrible complexion, awful posture, greasy and yeah, definitely not healthy looking.  I do applaud actors who wanna keep it 'real' and 'method' and I do think there is something to be said about actually changing your looks 'naturally' (maybe eating a little more, lessening on the expensive skin products, not shaving, etc).  However, it really gets under my skin to see such drastic changes.  It's unsettling and since these are actors and actresses we tend to look up to...it breaks our hearts. 

That's how I feel too, with fitness- it is a lifestyle, for sure, but it is one aspect of my own lifestyle. As an artist, I want time to write, read, and draw. I need the time to work and earn a living (that protein powder doesn't pay for itself you know!). Also, I want to be able to spend time with friends and family, even if my introverted nature oftentimes prefers private time, I still enjoy going out on occasion or just hanging out and watching a movie back home. 

Exactly!  And I'm happy to read a lot of articles here (and on Fitness Blender) that do mention taking time to relax and enjoy life.  Not to obsess, cause obsession is not healthy.  We all have jobs, hobbies, family, and friends.  No reason to go crazy and work out a bunch of hours everyday, especially when we're not getting paid for it (Steve's article on how to look like a celebrity is HILARIOUS...and honest).

Oh, and there's my ambition of becoming a creature actor. There's just a lot I want to accomplish, and I do not want to spend hours in the gym. I love my gym, I call it my dojo, but I don't want it to become my second house. I know an awesome physique can be achieved with good quality training that does not demand hours of exercise. I'm just trying to find a good plan that works for me. 

You'll find it.  You have the mindset and dedication.  You'll find an awesome plan :D.  I'm working on the same thing and looking forward to the next challenge to either help solidify what I've been doing, or help me realize what changes I should make to create a better plan.

Not sure how to navigate throughout here, yet. I just looked over the different character archetypes, and I feel like a combination of Assassin and Monk. I initially chose warrior because of my will power. But at the same time, Assassin sounds pretty cool- I love Assassin's Creed. And as for Monk, I have my background in yoga and martial arts to thank for.

I based off my class due to my interests.  Assassin sounds pretty cool due to the body-weight training (though little interest in gymnastics and parkour).  Warrior is also awesome because I wouldn't mind pulling off my hoodie and then intimidating the shit out of people with my body  :devilish: .  But I chose Monk cause I really like Martial Arts; I grew up watching Boxing (rooting on Tito Trinidad, a Puerto Rican boxer); as a kid I did Kenpo and as an adult I learned some Kickboxing. I enjoy learning about Krav Maga and Capoeira.  I want to look powerful as well as use that power in effective and brutal ways (if I have to of course. I am not...that... violent :tongue: ).  Shadow boxing and doing Kickboxing combos are my favorite forms of cardio exercise (especially if I plan on strengthening my upper body).  There is a Krav Maga school that I plan on looking into next year that might be fun and hopefully teach more in technique.

Yeah, 4,000 calories was just too hard. It did help me to better understand and sympathize with people with heavier builds, however. I know what it's like. And I know what suits me best. Listening to your body is key with anything. Eating multiple meals is just something that does not work for my body. So I look for quality- nutrient dense food, and good portions. It helps too that since I am so petite, I do not have to worry too much about protein requirements, as my calculations indicate I do not need a ton for my body. Still, I actually consume anywhere between 80-102 grams of protein; I was curious and logged in my counts for a couple of days, and was surprised to find how easy it is. Again, I tend not to count calories, but every now and then I do to see if there is anything I need to do to tweak my nutrition to best support my health and training. 

I use MyFitnessPal to chart my calorie intake and also helps get my carb and sugar eating under control.  I used it just to make sure I am not going over my calorie limit...now I use it to make sure I'm not eating more carbs and sugar than suggested. I have a terrible tendency to eat fast ( I need to slow that down.  I have a large mouth and when it comes to sweets or really tasty food, it's too easy for me to take quick large bites.  I finished burgers in two bites it's ridiculous).  I could probably eat more than I do, but due to cutting down on grains and sweets, upping the veggies, and gulping down more water I'm simply not as constantly hungry as before, so yay! 

Spoiler

---

---

---

This thread has made me smile!

I meet Doug Jones at DragonCon YEARS ago ... he was very cool! I'm very glad folks like Jones are getting more recognition in Hollywood as there is definitely skill in bringing a creature character to life.

• Like 1

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37 #38 #39 #40
Current Challenge Don't Call It A Comeback

This thread has made me smile!

I meet Doug Jones at DragonCon YEARS ago ... he was very cool! I'm very glad folks like Jones are getting more recognition in Hollywood as there is definitely skill in bringing a creature character to life.

Yeah! SO glad to see that you too have experienced a chance encounter with Doug Jones (or Dougie as many of his fans call him). 

You are spot on when it comes to the craft of creature acting. It requires a hyper sensitivity to the body. You have to consider the anatomy and movements of the character you are portraying. Where do they carry the load in their bodies? Upper, lower? Like animators/artists, you have to be able to express and convey so many emotions underneath layers of makeup, the shell of a suit, or even just the raw construction of your body and how you dictate its movements, per motion capture.

Rumor is they want to nominate Andy Serkis for best supporting actor for his portrayal of Caesar this year (epic fail, I know, given that Caesar is a protagonist). Hopefully this is a sign that Creature Acting is becoming more mainstrean and legitimate!

Check out the documentary Men In Suits if you have the time; Doug is featured in it, alongside many talented actors who work in the craft. 

Cheers!

• Like 1

Rumor is they want to nominate Andy Serkis for best supporting actor for his portrayal of Caesar this year (epic fail, I know, given that Caesar is a protagonist). Hopefully this is a sign that Creature Acting is becoming more mainstrean and legitimate!

Check out the documentary Men In Suits if you have the time; Doug is featured in it, alongside many talented actors who work in the craft. 

Cheers!

I'll need to take a look at that documentary and while it is epic fail that even though Caesar is the main character, Andy only gets nominating for supporting actor, I really do believe that this is a sign of Creature acting being more mainstream and respected as well!

Spoiler

---

---

---

Welcome aboard, missus!

Don't lose any sleep about putting on too much bulk from weight training. Ladies just don't produce enough testosterone to throw on mass the way men do. Hell, I'm a great big strapping lad with a mighty beard and even I didn't get much bigger after 6 years of serious powerlifting. Strong and dense, sure, but not really any bigger.

I have no doubt you will do great things here.

Welcome aboard, missus!

Don't lose any sleep about putting on too much bulk from weight training. Ladies just don't produce enough testosterone to throw on mass the way men do. Hell, I'm a great big strapping lad with a mighty beard and even I didn't get much bigger after 6 years of serious powerlifting. Strong and dense, sure, but not really any bigger.

I have no doubt you will do great things here.

Thanks! My female biology does dictate I cannot bulk up too much from weights. I do lift, but am venturing into heavier loads (still trying to formulate a plan). 

So glad to have joined this community!

I'll need to take a look at that documentary and while it is epic fail that even though Caesar is the main character, Andy only gets nominating for supporting actor, I really do believe that this is a sign of Creature acting being more mainstream and respected as well!

Yup, times, they are changing. ;)

Agreed. 

Where I am training at this moment to become a certified yoga instructor, there is a sort of 'don't ask don't tell' policy that I am going to have to adopt if the subject turns up again. Although, the diet of my classmates is questionable- fried sandwiches, sugar-laden flavored yogurts are a mainstay in their meals, IF they even eat (seriously, training is four hours a few days a week, and hardly anyone eats an actual meal; they just skip lunch or dinner, while my stomach growls and I hasten to devour the food I cook for myself at home). 

just like anywhere, there are zealots and people whose egos dictate their lives much more than their physical needs do...yogis are no exception, although many will tell you otherwise.

I think you have some great ideas and have some great advice so far :) I look foward to watching this happen and I am glad you are here :) 

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

oh and just a side note, WoT is by FAR my favorite book series, ever. 

EDIT: Remembered Bruce Lee reference, thinking maybe you have NO clue what the WoT is and would not understand that reference at all. LOL! If you do, thats even awesome-r :D 

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

just like anywhere, there are zealots and people whose egos dictate their lives much more than their physical needs do...yogis are no exception, although many will tell you otherwise.

I think you have some great ideas and have some great advice so far :) I look foward to watching this happen and I am glad you are here :)

Thanks! There is a quote I recall (cannot pin the source)- do not put your faith in mankind, because they are flawed. We all have our own set of weaknesses and faults, making every dominion and organization of mankind corruptible. There is something 'wrong' with every community, because we are so flawed. This is not a bad thing, per se, but it is something to consider. I find the weeds in the performing arts (film-television-stage), writing sphere, art world, and of course the health/fitness industry. Like you said, yoga is no exception. 

I'm just going to practice and preach my truth. 

Also, I LOVE your 'character'- Druid-Assassin Hybrid. I grew up with a fiery fascination for martial arts, studied hap ki do for quite some time, and now practice yoga. I hope to combine the two soon; the next goal is to find an MMA gym or dojo near me that I can teach some yoga classes at, and hopefully get a discount for martial arts lessons. 

oh and just a side note, WoT is by FAR my favorite book series, ever. 

EDIT: Remembered Bruce Lee reference, thinking maybe you have NO clue what the WoT is and would not understand that reference at all. LOL! If you do, thats even awesome-r :D

Are you referring to the Wheel of Time series? ;)

• Like 1