• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DreadMaster

Boulder Badge Challenge

Fitness/Diet Goals:

1. Eat Paleo Style all day everyday.

2. Get to my level 3 which is: 20 Pullups, 60 Pushups, 60 Crunches, 60 squats, 7:30 min mile. I got to 10 pullups last time, maybe I can double it again!

3. Create a great workout regimen that combines what I've learned from the Rebel Fitness guide and the Running guide.

4. get to 15% body fat (Thats right, I have a scale now(probably not that accurate but it works))

Life Goals

1. Learn how to drive well.... Yeah this is pathetic...

2. Buy Christmas presents for my family (This is actually really hard for me, I have no idea why...)

3. Finish stupid homeschool!!

4. Stop being Lazy.

And again.... To Pierce the Heavens!!!

Starting now in this challenge I'll call all my challenges the badges from the Pokemon franchise. Just cause its funny and I have no idea what to call them. This challenge is going to be so freakin awesome!! I'm gonna try a ton harder in my workouts, rests, and diet. I think if I just tell myself to make it till the end of the week without eating off my diet then I'll be able to get more done. :D

Today was an awesome start to a new challenge! I woke up, said good bye to my grandparents and went in to my own homemade workout plan. It contains supersets of pushups and squats, crunches and step ups, and chin ups and planks. OH! Before I confuse myself, I just wanted to say that pull ups and chin ups in my dictionary pretty much means the same thing.... so for my goals when I say 20 pullups, I really mean 20 chin ups.... (Don't ask...Please) Today was body weight training so thats all I did for muscle growth. After that I ran for a mile in exactly 10:00:9... I'm not even joking but I wish I was, I have so much to do over this challenge. (I'm just gonna walk around in the grass and fight random pokemon until I get stronger, Haha :D) Then I speed walked through the park for about 5 minutes, then I did intervals all the way back home. And thats how my morning pretty much went, really fun but really hard at the same time. Heehee :D Tomorrow is Tuesday which is a rest day for me so instead of working out hard, I'll be stretching and getting some much needed work done. Then Wednesday is time for my weight lifting workout, and I'm lookin forward to that. :D

Oh how i know lazyness, got an exam tomorrow and look at me... Good luck with all the goals, they look good. Have you figured out your workouts or are you going to experiment some first. Also what are you doing in school, im a curious person.

Oh my goodness. Today was awesome! Woke up early, started my workout which was weight lifting. Got really tired after that and went running with my Mom. I can't believe it but I sprinted the last leg of the mile which I time. And I beat my 10:00:6 min mile by 24 seconds!!! HAha I actually started jumping up and down with my arms raised like Rocky!! :D Now I have 9:36:6 min mile. I have a long way to go to get to 8:30 though.. One day at a time. Heehee :D

For workout I put all the weight lifting routines from the rebel guide that were on my level and clopped them altogether. They were really hard but I finished them. Pull ups and side planks are a killer together. And thats it. Thursday is a rest day so I'll be trying to work closer to my diet and sleeping a little bit longer. Friday is body weight day!!! I'm gonna compare Monday's workout with Friday's and give myself a grade to see if I completed anything on my week 1 goals. I can't wait!

Ok today was a rest day and I blew it... You might ask yourself how, but I did. I now know that I'm falling right back into my old habits of eating crap. My mom couldn't find any chocolate covered almonds so she bought me chocolate covered pretzels, chocolate covered chocolate, and malt balls which were also covered in chocolate. But thats not even the bad part, the bad part is: I actually thought they were all good for me... So now I'm going to get down and dirty in the diet and just eat regular almonds! I don't care anymore if they don't taste good, I'm just gonna stick'em in my mouth, chew, drink tons of water with them to get the bits and pieces out of my mouth, and enjoy losing fat. Wish me luck. :D

Good luck with the almonds. I will say that this summer i stopped eating candy, it was not a goal, i just stopped buying it and now i dont even miss it and it dose not even taste great, too sweet, so keep at it and soon you wont even miss the chocolate.

Ok today was a rest day and I blew it... You might ask yourself how, but I did. I now know that I'm falling right back into my old habits of eating crap. My mom couldn't find any chocolate covered almonds so she bought me chocolate covered pretzels, chocolate covered chocolate, and malt balls which were also covered in chocolate. But thats not even the bad part, the bad part is: I actually thought they were all good for me... So now I'm going to get down and dirty in the diet and just eat regular almonds! I don't care anymore if they don't taste good, I'm just gonna stick'em in my mouth, chew, drink tons of water with them to get the bits and pieces out of my mouth, and enjoy losing fat. Wish me luck. :D

Learn to love almonds! And if that doesn't work, maybe try almond butter? A lot of people on the forum swear by it. Edited by Benching Zombies

Ok today was a semi good day. I woke up feeling like I was running on 70% motivation. Today was body weight exercises and I finally got better results!! Pushups: 40 in 1 min. Crunches: 40 in 1 min Squats: 40 in 1 min. Squats were actually pretty easy but the pushups and crunches I was really pushing the limit. Kinda got a headache for the warmup but it slowly went away.. All I have to do now is get to 8:30 min mile and level 1 will of been complete! I actually didn't get to go running today because it was raining and the sky was really dull and lifeless. (To me when the sky isn't blue and the sun isn't shining, I don't feel like doing anything and I don't feel motivated to give it my all)

Anyway... Me and my Mom are going over to my little sister's school to surprise her with lunch!! Its gonna be awesome! Saturday I'm gonna try to get my Mom to go running with me, and thats when I'm gonna beat the 9 min wall!! I'm 100% sure that if I just go running, a minute will be shaved right off. Normally I go running after I workout so that I can be sure that I reach the fat burning zone. But now that I'm only going to be running, my energy is going to be maxed out! We'll see what happens. On another note, I might be playing soccer this weekend(I couldn't play last week because I didn't bring an id). Last week our team of fit players got beat by a bunch of fat old people... Haha :D It was so funny, they beat us 7 to 1... It was also pretty pathetic... Lol. And on Monday starts weight lifting routines again, I'm exited about those because the last time they killed me! And I could really feel the burn. And thats all. Next time I should come up with some sort of saying at the end of my challenge updates... How bout: ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWA!!!

That's good that you ran on less-than-perfect motivation. It really is. Too many people make the mistake of waiting for things to be perfect - perfect weather when they're at the height of their personal motivation. These are rare times, and they hold people back. But you didn't let that stop you. You fought through it.

And an 8:30 mile? Dang! Lots of faster runners on this forum. :)

I did IT!!! Sorta... I didn't go running on Saturday Kishi but I did go running today!!! I pushed myself so hard and I shaved off a whole minute!!! (Or something close to it) Now my mile is: 8:45.7!!! I was amazed of the progress. I however didn't make it to my goal though... I was 15 sec too late. But thats not even the coolest part. The best part is that I ran after my workout which means I would have been a lot faster if my muscles weren't so tired! So thats a big plus!

Future:

Tomorrow is a rest day, going to be focusing on my diet more. I found that just eating almonds is actually pretty tasty after all, I guess its an acquired taste.

Wednesday is body weight routines, I'm not looking to increase in number of reps in a min but to increase the easiness of getting to 40 reps in a min. :P Thats pretty much it.

Nuts!! I didn't workout today!! This sucks! I was going to go running with my Mom to take my sis to school... But I couldn't even time myself running to the park, sorry if it doesn't make since, I'm still in shock from not working out. I'm thinking on Thursday I'll do the body weight exercises and on Friday I'll still get my weight lifting routines in. I know I'm not going to be getting much rest but thats what I get for not getting in the zone. Oh well tomorrow is going to be 100% better.. Right now I'm going to focus on my diet, theres no way I'm gonna mess that one up!

Hey, man, be chill. A single day doesn't break this challenge. A single day doesn't make this challenge, either. It's about consistently doing what it takes to reach your goals and letting that consistency carry you through.

Be like water, man. Just go with it. :)

I am water.

Today was AWESOME!!! I started my day with tons of enthusiasm!! I worked out completing all body weight exercises in a min!! Whoohoo!! However I went running in the cold and had to slow down because either my lungs were freezing or they were burning.... Weird sensation. Afterward I was sooo HUNGRY!! Helen Keller could hear my stomach growling it was so loud. (That was a joke, no disrespect to Helen Keller) However I have reached a wobbly bridge.. My protein shake I have after my workouts is dwindling, so I need some ideas on how to make my own supplement. If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them!

Tomorrow is weight lifting routines, so I'll have to get some extra rest in between. Thats all I have to say about today... (I have to end these better...) :D

Hey, man, be chill. A single day doesn't break this challenge. A single day doesn't make this challenge, either. It's about consistently doing what it takes to reach your goals and letting that consistency carry you through.

Be like water, man. Just go with it. :)

Kishi ... I'm going to print that whole post out and put it on my mirror. That is some serious awesome right there.

Ok didn't get to workout today. Way too busy. But something worries me... All day long I've had this feeling in my stomach thats so annoying!! It seems that when I eat food it goes away... Interesting.... Yeah all day I've been really hungry... And when I get like that... any kind of food looks, smells, tastes, and sounds goooood.... Its like 9 and I'm still hungry!!! Well thats it... I guess there was no challenge this week either... huh... Anyway I can't wait till next week to push through all my workouts! This I mean it! I need to catchup!! :D

Well, see, that means you're working and you're at a calorie deficit. That's always a thrilling problem, isn't it? :) Just make sure you eat the right things and it'll work out for you just fine.

Ok another important update.

Something really unexpected happened yesterday... My Great Grandfather past away... And we have to go to his funeral... I'll be trying to stay in shape while I'm gone (I'm probably over reacting, its going to be 2 days) I'm going to be bringing my pull up bar and practicing without rest to get to 15 chin ups and pull ups. Wish me luck, its gonna be pretty insane this week. :(