You're My Wonderwall

there's an app called "sleep cycle" that will track your sleep, but more awesomely it will ease you into waking up by gradually increasing the volume on whatever you set your alarm sound.  this eliminated the "ASDLKJFGH! MOTHER OF PEARL MAKE IT STOP!" reaction when my alarm went off.

i think you're starting well, setting attainable goals.  get all gung-ho about those, and then take it from there.  i had someone recommend that i get as specific as possible - might help as well so you can track percentages more easily

and, as i'm apparently becoming known for saying, measure yourself against your own progress and not others - it'll keep a good perspective rather than your getting too big for your stomach, or writing checks your butt can't cash, or whatever metaphor works there.

Yeah, I need to do that.  I snoozed my alarm until 7:45 this morning then ate some crackers for breakfast.  Feeling cast down and down trodden already...

Day 3:  Further Down The Rabbit Hole We Go...

Wake up time:

7:45. SEVEN. FOUR. FIVE.  

Victor: Snooze.  I put my sunrise alarm clock across the room and discovered that when I throw anything at it, it shuts up.  Score: 1 - Creative Solutions, 0 - Resolve.

Food:

Breakfast: Peanut Butter Crackers.

Lunch: Pizza and a salad (WOOOOO, VEGGIES but... booooo pizza.)

Snack: Half a bag of popcorn... thanks Christmas presents from clients

Dinner: Cup of French Onion Soup and half a panini

Fitness:

Nothing... but I did see my counselor today so... yay mental fitness.

Conclusion: Today left a lot to be desired. Again.  Change is hard...

Dutifully yours,

MG

Dude, I was JUST reading this last night / this morning.  It is TOTALLY me.  I don't know how to not become an overeager beaver, though!  it is TOTALLY my personality to get all gung-ho in on something then fade away...

I reckon the goals I am working on now is to have some sort of consistent working out, some sort of healthier eating, and not hitting snooze all the live long day. :tongue:

I'm the same way and I've had a lot of misfires so far in my journey to be healthy. But I'm noticing that they weren't all bad things. Because each time I'd get a little bit farther and I'd get more tools to help me out.

For example the first time I tried I got a gym membership, a fitbit (and the scale that works with their system), and a nice water bottle for work. This started me towards my goals of exercising, but then it got cold and I fell off the wagon.

The second time I tried, I started pushing a little harder at the gym, and started attempting to get veggies in my diet (mostly through salad, which I don't really care for). This time I bought better running shoes and joined in with a group that was running after work. The runs lasted until (I'm seeing a pattern here) it got cold, then I backed off everything and was at square one again.

This time is the third time I've tried getting better. This time I enlisted more help (rather than just dabbling with the running group), I started doing weight training (It's 70% machine based, but I'm still glad I started doing this), and I'm upgrading my kitchen. You'd be amazed the difference a good knife can make when cutting vegetables. It's made cooking dinners for myself go faster and healthier, it turns out I actually like sweet potatoes, broccoli, and asparagus. 

So I guess the point I'm getting at is even if you feel like you aren't figuring it out, look for different angles, ask for help, and just keep trying. You're doing great, just keep your head up and stay focused.

• Like 1

I get the vibe that you are beating yourself up and grading yourself based on what you USED to do.  Baby steps--start where you are.  You are here and you journaled the first day and that is cause to celebrate!!  If you drank the water you wanted to drink that first day back, I give you an A+ cause you exceeded your goal :D

I second this... I did the same thing when I started my journal. Lifted, came up super sore a couple days later, ended up having to step back, and start all my weights (except deadlift, have to keep the bar off the floor) at just the bar as sort of a self check...

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

remember, take it slow and find the little victories.  despite some struggles, you're making progress - even if it's just a mindset change.  it will take some time before you get the hang of being a superhero...  and don't forget "an extraordinary guy person can never have an ordinary day."

• Like 1

Level 9 Snarky Rogue

STR:20 | DEX:13 | STA:13.5 | CON:13 | WIS:17 | CHA:16

battle log

there are far better things ahead than what we leave behind - CS Lewis

find out what you're afraid of, and go live there - Chuck Palahniuk