• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
curvygirly

Curvy Girly's challenge

I'm back in time for this challenge. I find it really hard to set some goals bc I tend to many many rather than 3 main ones.

1. Try to have protein at each meal and ATTEMPT to have 40% carbs, 30% protein, 30%fat daily.

2. Workout 6 days a week

3. Lose 5 lbs - my weight loss is SLOW , very slow. Sometimes non existent. If I can lose 5 lbs I will be thrilled OR 2 inches off everything .

CW as of today 161 lbs.

Current Measurements:

Shoulder frame: 36''

bust- 38''

waist- 33''

mid belly- 38''

hips (under pouch :S ) - 39''

right thigh-25''

around both thighs- 39''

biceps-13''

Current daily plate calories needed to lose 1.5 lbs a week : 1448

How do i do the above?

- track food daily

-make better food choices- have fruits and veggies and protein filled snacks , water

-not skip any meals bc that leads to me binging on junk

Sample Meal plan I am sort of going with lately..

breakfast: protein shake

morning snack: 2-3 cups of fruit, 2 cups water

lunch: caesar salad , veg patty, 2 cups water

afternoon snack: 2 tbsp hummus, 1 cup carrots (sometimes with 6 whole wheat crackers) , 2 cups water

workout: 2 cups water

post workout : protein shake

dinner- is up for grabs, However I try to limit the carbs and amp the veggies here

I have been trying to follow this pretty well. Any time I get munchy I make sure I haven't missed a meal, and it usually is the case. I am trying to eat every 1.5 -2 hours. I am realizing that temptation takes about 5 strong minutes to control, so I am feeling very strong with that mentality, almost as if I have cracked the code on it lol. I am wary of the fact I am having 2 protein shakes a day as a meal substitute here and there. However, I have felt a lot more energy taking them, and I usually don't drink milk bc of the taste, and this way it has been going down a lot easier. Also being a vegetarian makes this way easier to get in my protein.

Workout: trying to do it 3 days, one break day, 3 days. =6 days a week. trying to do minimum 30 minutes- max 60 minutes to avoid burn out or overdoing it. Wanting to try to change it up as much as possible.

got the "shaun t-rockin body" workout dvds. AMAZING. they are so much fun, the sweat pours off me, and honestly I am not bored. there are a few dvds in the bunch so that can prevent getting bored or stuck in a routine i think.

Day 1- a little unexpected in getting off to the right start

have 8 calories remaining lol.

breakfast: protein shake mixed with 1/2 cup blue berries

snack: 1 big apple, 2 cups of cantaloupe , 2 cups water

lunch: caesar salad, veg patty, 2 cups water

snack-chewy dips granola bar,

dinner: veg-meat sandwich on whole grain bread, 2 cups fresh oj, and 2 cups water

workout: 10 minutes random strength training, 10 minutes 3.5 mph treadmill

fruit/ veg servings: 7+

water servings: 8

protein -3+

calories to lose 1.5 lbs- 1448

calories consumed 1629

calories burned: 189

8 calories remaning

58% carbs, 30% protein, 12%fat

my workout was TOO SHORT.

what happened was, i woke up late so ate breakfast late. I got on an important phone call and time flew by after lunch so I was starving and made myself a sandwich, however it was already, oh no, 9 pm. so I figured no workout today, blah. but then i calculated my calorie amount and saw i went over by 150 calories. so i ate half the sandwich, did a quick quick half ass work out, and saved those calories. thank god. and after workout, had the rest of the sandwich.

need to plan better for sure. kind of upset at getting off to a rocky start. but will do better. hope to be in bed by 1230 now

ugh w/ sleeping . google is not my friend. though i signed out of msn at 1230- which is a BIG DEAL FOR ME. trust me, i googled til 2. boo. woke up at 1030. so now we can accurately say i need atleast 8.5 hours of sleep. anyways hope it is alot better tonight. will work on it.

today was a confusing day couldnt get around to studying, too lazy and eh. thought i was going to go shopping at around 7 pm so worked out earlier. yey me for making sure i did it. didn't endup going shopping so i had my dinner at 630 . i honestly don't feel desi lol. since most don't eat dinner before 9 pm.

breakfast: protein shake - 11am

snack: 1.5 cup cantaloupe, 2 cups crystal light- 1 pm

lunch: veg chick patty, caesar salad, 2 cups water - 3:30 (PRO- was hungry and ate lunch as proper timing, instead of snacking)

workout at 5 pm- 2 cups water

post workout- protein scoop with water

dinner: garden veg patty, one slice flax seed bread with 2 tbsp light philly , 2 tbsp hummus, 1 cup carrots, 2 cups crystal light

evening snack: 1 apple, 1 pear

midnight snack: 2 slices flax seed bread, one ff cheese slice, one leaf lettuce, 3 slices veg meat , 2 cups water, 1 tsp hummus

my new geeky goal is, no yummy food until I eat my fruit/veg / water/protein servings. and even then it's a tiny something yummy like, a biscuit, etc.

protein servings: 4

water: 10

fruit/veg: 10

workout: 6o minutes of 2 different dance aerobic videos to get my cardio in. 5 mins of jogging on treadmill to warm up

- awesome workout, pouring in sweat

so...

1694 calories consumed, 494 calories burned with 248 calories left over :)

carbs-46% fat- 20% protein - 34%

*note i am not thrilled that i have calories left over, but I try to eat til full and satisfied. even if it's a handful of calories left over, bc some days unfortunately I end up going over, so it works out. I am also THRILLED about my protein intake. I went from the olden days of 7-12 grams of protein a day and about 6% protein at the most to now having big chunk ratios of protein, YEY ME

today was a funny day food wise.

breakfast: oatmeal, 1 cup apple juice, half slice of flax seed bread with 1 tsp philly cheese @ 11 am

:) proud that i ate only half a slice of bread, i made one slice originally but i said no to the other half

snack: 1.5 cup of cantaloupe, 2 cups water, 1.5 cup of corn @ 3 pm

So now.... I came upstairs to eat lunch but got distracted and went to go do some errands, didn't return til 9 . so from 4-9 no food and i didn't succumb to outside fast food or nothing. though REALLY bad to go this long without eating yikes. i thought i had eaten lunch, but when i got home i realized i hadn't.

preworkout: one cup yogurt

anyways. at 9 did a quick hour workout of dance aerobics and then dance strength training= 60 minutes (4 cups water drank)

post workout: wanted to get in a ton of protein for the day, so 1 cup water with 2 scoops protein -disgusting

showered, than ate at 11 :s

so i made originally.

1 cup aloo gobi ( potatoes and cauliflower sauteed some margarine , some spices)

1 cup yogurt

1 slice flax seed bread, ff cheese slice, 2 slices of protein veg meat, some lettuce

1 cup of fresh oj

so, now, my parents are big on not wasting food. so, i figured i must eat it i made it. but i got full so fast. i'm the slowest eater in the world. LITERALLY one pb sandwich takes me an hour to eat. So I managed to only eat half the meal, at most. i did drink all the oj though.

i'm shocked today at how little i ate. i'm not proud of it, but i noticed my body doesn't get hungry as easiy any more. which is shocking.

8 cups water, 7+ fruit veg servings, 3 servings protein, 3 dairy servings:)

1407 calories consumed, 475 calories burnt, with 516 calories left to consume

55% carbs, 31% protein 13% fat

also did measurements today. um i lost 4 inches off waist since may 16th i'm THRILLED. also, my size 12 jeans were kinda loose on me in march, now they won't stay on. LOL. and my size 10 jeans are kinda big, BUT i'm not small enough for an eight yet. but yeyy . honestly this is what i needed. the scale won't budge and i get so defeated bc every day my parents ask me if i lost any lbs. seeing the 4 inch waist loss is hugely uplifting and motivational. I know in highschool i wore a size 0-3 in jeans usually, sometimes a 5. If i can get down to that i will be so happy. from now on, i'm ont going to use lbs as a determinant but inches.

so my goal is to go from 38, 33,39 (bust, waist,hips) to ( 38, 26, 34) . now the bust size i don't really care if it goes down or not, mehs. but the waist n hips i would like them to go down. my arms and legs defeat me they dont seem to change. but i am gaining muscle i can feel it. i finally took some more pics will attempt to upload them soon so i can see a diff.

one thing i must be aware of.. i had the protein shake today with water, and double the protein. in reality that is VERY FILLING. but when i tasted it, tasted like watery chocolate, and disgusting. not very filling , mentally. so i walked away thinking, what to eat now? i gave it about half an hour (while i showered) and i wasn't as hungry. my point is, i have to make sure that if i ever do protein shakes for breakfast, that i ensure to do milk with it, so i do fill up a bit. otherwise i have a feeling my dumb mind might end up eating a meal along side it and gain weight :o

Let's write this off as a bad food day and try to grow from it tomorrow. honestly, every single food was bad today. FML

midnight: 2 granola bars, 1/4 cup of ginger ale - WHAT WAS I THINKING?!

lunch: 1/4 cup mashed potatoes on ww bun , 1/2 bowl of doritoes, 1 apple juice box

snack: 1 cup carrots, 1 cup celery, 2 tbsp hummus, 4 cups cystal light

snack: 1 apple, handful of doritoes, one more granola bar

workout: 4 cups water

post workout: protein scoops 1.5 with 1 cup water

dinner: 2 spinach parathas with water

okay, bad bad day. i was just i dunno, in a weird mood, not necessairily craving these things but just bitter, for some weird reason. it's weird. i mean if i was going to eat bad might as well have whole heartedly enjoyed it right?! anyways,

fruit/veg servings: 10, water- 10+ servings, protein servings-3+ so not bad on that front

in terms of workout

45 mins dance aerobics video, and 40 minutes on treadmill jogging and walking very fast 3.5+

calories consumed: 2103, calories burned- 641 14 calories over

carbs 58%, 23% protein 19% fat

pros- got veggies/fruit/water in. didn't go entire too much over calories. i mean, could have been worse. BUT def needs to be better

no to any potato salad for future, IF i'm craving something at night while sleeping- ignore it

NO chips , if i must, have 1-2 off friend who is eating them, rather than my own bowl

snack: 1 apple, 1 pear, 2 cups crystal light

lunch: protein shake w/ 1 tbsp peanut butter ( amazingly yummy and filling)

snack: 1 cup celery, 2 tbsp hummus, 2 cups water,

pre workout: 1 slice flax seed bread, ff cheese slice, 2 slices of veg bologna, 1 lettuce leaf , 2 cups water, 1 cup frozen corn

dinner: 1 serving frozen french fries, yves veg patty with ff cheese slice, tomato slices and pickle, caesar salad, 1 cup diet coke

i LOVED my meal plan yesterday. seriously. everything was properly timed, never felt too hungry. went to dinner being full. and you know what , as bad as having fries and a burger (w/o the bun) is so late at night, it's better bc i wasn't stuffed nor was i starving later. i know the fries and coke, not the smartest, but i had avoided successflly the chocolate cake my mom had made, avoided having some doritos and had protein shakes for 2 meals. give me a break! plus the fries were 150 calories bc were frozen and it was diet coke and i made sure just to have one cup. so not bad and had calories left over so yey :)

fruit veg servings: 10, protein-3, dairy- 2 water: 8

calories consumed: 1577 calories burned: 334 calories left: 205

43% carbs 33% protein 23 % fat

workout: tried the strength training video, rock it out by shaun t. it is basically dance aerobics with weights and free body exercises in it. omg it kicks my ass every time. my goal today was to get through it, from start to finish , even if i didn't use weights the entire time. it was intense. however, my 5 lb weight set is too much for me to use throughout. so I might go buy some 1 lbs or 3 lbs as well.

overall great food and workout day.

-one day off week not working out- so today was a freebie. had to go to a sleep study at night, and things were a little unorganized then. ate relatively healthy during the day, dinner went over in calories.

breakfast: protein shake w/ pb scoop

snack: 3 mathis, 1 pear, 1 peach , 2 cups water

lunch: protein shake w/ pb scoop

snack: 1 cup cucumber, 1 peach, 1 flax seed bread slice with 1 tbsp light philly, 2 cups water

dinner: 2 palak parathas, 2 cups water

snack: 1 granola bar

water: 6 cups drank, fruit: 8 servings worth protein -2

calories consumed: 1617 169 calories-over goal: (

53% carbs 28% protein 20% fat

CONS-went over goal calories, didn't drink enough water or eat enough fruit n veggies, also i should have had less carbs more protein

PROS- I'm still happy that out of this entire week, c'mon it's already Saturday I only went over ONCE SO FAR on calorie goals and the ratios have been pretty good so far. so yey me.

hi curvy

wow thats great you losing 4 inches from your waist... I wish... I think I've lost about 2 inches, but man what a difference that makes and feels to what you wear huh! I dont think you would want your hips to go as small as 34??? then you'll be out of proportion. Aim for 36 as your low point.

Re your protein shake, what about trying to mix in some coconut milk in with it... good healthy fat in that and really really yum in a protein shake.

Suse

hi curvy

wow thats great you losing 4 inches from your waist... I wish... I think I've lost about 2 inches, but man what a difference that makes and feels to what you wear huh! I dont think you would want your hips to go as small as 34??? then you'll be out of proportion. Aim for 36 as your low point.

Re your protein shake, what about trying to mix in some coconut milk in with it... good healthy fat in that and really really yum in a protein shake.

Suse

Hey Suse, Congrats on your two inch weight loss!! that is amazing. and doesn't it make you strut a little. I swear if I hadn't had the loss in inches, I would have given up bc my lbs don't seem to leave!. I'm a little unsure about my measurement "ideals". I wanted to get back to my original shape, which was a bout a 26 inch waist. I figured 34 inch hips would be a difference but not as much as 36. I figured 36 inch hips would make my bum stick out quite a bit no?! maybe i'm wrong lol.

I will def try the coconut milk, thanks for the idea!

breakfast: protein shake with scoop of pb

snack: 2 cups water, 1 pear, 2 peaches, 1 yogurt cup

lunch: protein shake with scoop of pb

preworkout: 1 light baby bel

workout: 25 minutes dance aerobics, 5 minutes jogging, 2 cups water

dinner: foot long veggie sub, with 1/3 bag of mini chips, and 6 mini cadbury easter eggs, 2 cups water

Happy I managed to squeeze in a workout even though I was so exhausted. could have eaten more protein, veggies, and drank more water

Consumed 1738 calories, Burned: 258 calories Went over: 38 calories.

I went over:( BUT first time this week, which is a biggie

Ratios: 45% carbs, 30% protein 25%fat

boo. my scale is now at 162. i gained 1 lb. grr. this irritates me to no end. this entire week my ratios of carbs:fat:protein have been great, i have upped my protein quite a bit, and the sodium and fat has greatly decreased. I limited my carbs to about 1-2 slices of bread a day , if at all. i worked out. i'm deeply frustrated. but whatever, it's these small steps that help me finish the big race. hopefully monday, measurement day, goes well!

Breakfast: protein shake

snack: babybel light, 1 pear, 1 peach, 2 cups crystal light

lunch: protein shake

snack: 1 cup crystal light, samosa :s

post workout: 1/2 cup strawberries

dinner: 2 slices flax seed bread w/ ff cheese slice, 2 slices veg meat, a bit of lettuce, 1 serving frozen fries, 1 cup fresh oj , 1 cup water

fruit/veg servings: 6 , water: 8 protein-3 dairy-2

1707 calories consumed, 383 calories burnt, 175 calories left

44% carbs, 31% protein, 25% fat

workout: 45 minutes rock it out video which is aerobics and strength training. couldn't use my 5 lbs throughout, so used water bottles for some parts lol. also did arms workout: 50 of tricep ext, bicep curls, shoulder raises,

workout in the morning: 30 minutes jogging/brisk walking , 20 minutes kickboxing

breakfast; protein shake, w/ 6 strawberries blended, 2 mathis, 1 pakora

lunch: everything bagel with cream cheese, crystal light 2 cups

dinner: pizza slice, coke zero

midnight snack- 3 pakora, 1 mathi, coke zero

yikes bad day. surprisingly, had about 600 calories left over to eat. was barely at home, running around on errands.

sorry haven't posted in a day or two. have personal things going on and haven't really been on the net. though i have been working out:)

okay so today was a decent ish day.

breakfast: protein shake w/ water

snack: 3 cups water, 1 cup carrots, 1 cup cucumber, 1 tbsp hummus

lunch: caesar salad, 1/2 cup black chick peas (yummmmmmy)- 2 cups water

snack: 1 cup cantaloupe

snack-uh oh the attack of the munchies and loss of common sense. 1 pop tart, half bowl of chips, no....

dinner: 1 roti, 1/2 cup channa, 1/2 cup yogurt, 1.5 cups fresh oj

workout: 20 minutes jogging mixed with 10 minutes of walking + 35 mins of cardio aerobics

2016 calories consumed, 576 calories burned, 14 calories remaining

50% carbs, 30% fat, 20% protein

i am not happy about the junk food attack. must be smarter next time, eat another bowl of fruit first.

should have worked out earlier, so i would eat my dinner earlier

also, the fat n carbs ratio should be flipped

i am going to see my family dr tomorrow, hopefully we can figure out if there is any medical reason for the slow slow slow weight loss . i met a few personal trainers recently, and they viewed my workout and my last few weeks of meals, and agreed i should have lost atleast 20 lbs by now, not a measly 6. so let's see what the dr says.

i am just frustrated. my parents ask daily if i have lost weight. i feel like a loser, in the sense of i am not showing any results fast enough. and my social circle is skeptical that i am really trying. it's embaressing and makes me mad bc my best friend just cut out some junk and worked out for the first time in her life, for about 2 months, and has lost 10 lbs.

you are not a loser.... well you are a slow loser :) weight wise. but not a loser in the normal sense. Dont be so hard on yourself.

Why dont you try not eating fruit for a while. It is high in fructose.

oh and by the way, when you see the dr, show him your muscles! stop getting caught up with the scales. Your body composition is clearly changing. If anyone asks you if you have lost weight, just point to your waist and say yep, see how loose my jeans are!

oh and by the way, when you see the dr, show him your muscles! stop getting caught up with the scales. Your body composition is clearly changing. If anyone asks you if you have lost weight, just point to your waist and say yep, see how loose my jeans are!

aw Suse- you are too sweet!!!!!!!!

Today.. I went to dr first thing in the morning. He agreed m weight loss was soooooo slow and the inches weren't that big of a deal in his opinion, considering I've been doing this for 6 months. He booked me with Dr Poon ( a doc in the area that is famous for his metabolic diet). I googled this, and I am skeptical. This doc has GREAT reviews, he is covered by OHIP (meaning free), and says you will lose about 10 lbs a month. Everyone who has been on this, has lost weight from what I see, not a single negative review. However, being a vegetarian, the first 2 weeks I can't eat ( tofu, nuts, protein shakes, veggie burgers). hmm where will my protein come from? fruit is also banned for a while, as well as oatmeal. what the ?! this frustrates me. I feel like it's a gimmicky crash diet. So i will go and try it out but use my common sense on it. I am deeply disheartened ( cheesy sounding but true) since my dr also just referred me here, he didn't have any medical things he could think of or any tests to do. my blood work was all fine by the way.

today..

breakfast: oatmeal, 2 cups crystal light, one wheat bread slice w/ 1 tbsp light cream cheese 11 am

(fell asleep for a while)

lunch: @ 3 pm : 1.5 roti, 1/2 cup shai paneer, 2 cups lemon water

snack: fresh 2 cups oj

preworkout snack: 1 baby bel, 2 wheat crackers

post workout/dinner: 1 cup steamed veggies, caesar salad, 1/4 cup wheat macaroni, half cup sauteed tofu, 2 cups water

midnight snack: bowl of black chick peas

workout:

6 minutes jogging

circuit of: 10 squats, 10 bicep curls, 10 lunges, 10 tricep extensions, 10 KNEE PUSHUPS, 10 calf raises

Repeat this entire sequence 3 times. add 2 minutes at end for morejogging

i am SO PROUD that i did knee pushups. I think the problem before was I didn't have someone spotting or teaching me> my brother watched and instructed me, and I did, wait for it. ten... and then later 15. i'm so proud. i'm going to build on this on a regular basis.

my bicep curls deeply depressed me. turns out, i wasn't doing them correctly. no wonder i was swinging 15 lbs so easily. so i regressed and am now doing 10 lbs. oh wells.

calories consumed: 1506 calories burned: 537 calories remaining: 485

55% carbs, 15% protein 30% fat

ratios were off. did not eat enough protein.

however working on keeping a lighter stomach. learning to eat til full, etc. the old me would workout, quickly take down a protein shake, shower, and then dinner. no wonder i went to bed STUFFED and bloated.

i am going to reduce to 2 fruits a day, and up my veg intake. also try not to have big carbs at night.

can I ask you if you are vegetarian for ethical or religious reasons? I could not live without my meat.

trust me it is really hard to do! I can't eat egg, lecithin, gelatin- that takes up the entire bakery aisle alone. It is based on my religion, I am Hindu, my parents followed it , and we became vegetarian automatically when we were born. It's easy enough for me, but frustrating when "that cake has egg in it", or " i can't eat that pizza slice bc of meat sauce" but heck even easier reasons to avoid the bad food for me eh.

today was a bad food day.

breakfast: oatmeal with one apple 10 am

snack; protein shake with milk and one small yogurt cup 12 pm ( tried to have a big breakfast n split it into 2)

lunch: 8 inch veg home made sub, 2 cups water, 2 pm

snack: glass of fresh oj, bowl of black chick peas, 2 cups water 3 pm

preworkout: one slice of white bread, with paneer and light cheese toasted 4 pm ( UGH bad bad)

post workout: protein shake with yogurt, no milk just water 7 pm

ahhh so couldn't wait for dinner to begin:S had half a cup of chips, and half a bowl of honey nut cheerios cereal 8 pm

dinner: one wheat roti, half cup of potatoes and green beans, 2 tbsp cottage cheese, 2 cups water 9 pm

midnight snack: granola bar

2128 calories consumed. 554 calories burned 126 calories over goal

50% carbs, 30% protei, 20% fat

ugh to the snacks, today for once i didn't plan my meals ahead of time, this is the main reason i fell off the wagon so bad .

workout was sluggish, i don't know why. 15 minutes jogging, 10 minutes walking, 45 mins dance aerobics. and............. 20 knee pushups. considering i just started yesterday, i am quite impressed with myself

i think i am very defeated with my slow weight loss . i know i am shedding inches, but still. i think today my attitude made me slack in my workout and diet. i will try to avoid this for next time for sure.

rotten studying day.

breakfast: instant oatmeal, one slice wheat bread with 1 tsp light cream cheese, one glass lemon water, 2 glasses crystal light

snack: half bowl of cottage cheese

lunch: 1.5 wheat roti, 1/3 cup palak paneer, 2 cups fresh oj

snack:1 cup water with 1 tsp coffee and 1 tsp brown sugar, one mathi

snack: apple, 1/2 cup black chickpeas, 2 oz paneer, 2 cups water.

dinner: 1/2 cup tofu sauteed with 1/2 cup veggies sauteed. 1/3 cup brown rice. 3 tbsp cottage cheese. water

was watching a movie on a diff floor than the treadmill. so i did 30 minutes of circuit training rather than jog today. i'm glad i did something, something is better than nothing. also did 20 pushups, 3 sets :) :) knee ones however. but slow and steady wins the race:)

omg did i eat today. what is wrong with me?! i swear if my food timings are out of whack, i just pig out.

11am: white bread slice w/ 1 tbsp light cream cheese, maple syrup brown sugar, 2 cups lemon water

12 pm: 1 tsp hummus, 1 red bell pepper sliced, 2 cups crystal light

1:30: silhouette vanilla yogurt container in protein shake

2 pm: broccoli soup ( 1 cup broccoli with 1/2 cup water in pressure cooker, 1 tsp butter, 1 tsp shredded cheese) , 3 wheat crackers, 2 cups crystal light, 1 cup water.

3:30-babybel mini light

5:00- wanted to workout but was hungry. munched away mindlessly. Knew i should have eaten something healthier, but I was wanting some junk and didn't want to fully deprive myself bc than I would just be bitter and miserable. had 1/2 cup of lays chips, one granola bar

6-2 cups water

7-1/4 cup cottage cheese 2% post workout

8pm- 2.5 rotis, 1 cup shahi paneer, coke zero

9pm- chewy dips granola bar

11pm- garlic toast

OMG could not stop munching today.

workout was decent..

20 minutes jogging, 10 mins 3mph, 40 minutes aerobics ( 30 minutes lower body intense, 10 mins abs)

calories consumed: 1687 burned:597 remaining:110

51% carbs, 26% fat, 22% protein- would have liked to have eaten less carbs and more protein!!

need to figure something out. my problem is, i am trying to amp up my metabolism by eating more often, and less portions at a time. however, when i go out or i'm in company, i look like a pig bc i keep getting hungry. and if i'm in public it's not like there is healthy food at every corner right.

anyways, here is a meal plan i stole off jessica biel ( not her herself, duh) . but i like it, and it seems doable.

breakfast: oatmeal w/ some kind of protein and fruit.

= instant oatmeal, protein shake w/ water and one apple, 2 cups lemon water

snack: one slice of toast with almond butter and bananas

= I will just have 2 fruits

lunch: salad with 6 oz chicken

= salad with 6 oz veggie-meat pattie

snack: protein shake

dinner: 6 oz chicken/fish, 1/2 plate of veggies, 1/2 plate of brown rice

=6 oz tofu, 1/2 plate veggies, 1/3 cup of brown rice.

I think this makes esnse and is doable. I eat like this sorta anyways, minus the junk food and all lol. I also notice she doesn't eat that often, so I won't be constantly munching away.

I don't know what you think of low carb diets, but you and I seem a lot alike in the weight loss category. I've always been a slow loser too, but when I made the switch to a low carb (like 50-65 grams of carbs per day), I started losing weight faster. I have been losing about 2 lbs per week on this scheme. There is a lot to be said for a low carb diet.

I take it you're from Ontario too...OHIP and all. Herbal Magic has been the kicker for me. It's expensive, but gosh, it's been working like a charm.

I don't know what you think of low carb diets, but you and I seem a lot alike in the weight loss category. I've always been a slow loser too, but when I made the switch to a low carb (like 50-65 grams of carbs per day), I started losing weight faster. I have been losing about 2 lbs per week on this scheme. There is a lot to be said for a low carb diet.

I take it you're from Ontario too...OHIP and all. Herbal Magic has been the kicker for me. It's expensive, but gosh, it's been working like a charm.

My only issue with low carb is that means what do i eat? I am a vegetarian. Also, instead of Herbal Magic, I'm guessing that is like Herbalife- why not use protein shakes. I use Kaizen Whey Protein.. now they are the same in calories, less fat and carbs, and more protein. just a thought. one entire GIGANTIC barrel is $35. lasts me a few months. thank you for your advice by the way.

Sign in to follow this